Olkusz  is a historic town in Jura Mountains in southern Poland, situated north of Kraków.
There're buses from Dąbrowa Górnicza, Kraków and Katowice. Place to Place buses from Prague, Brno, Ostrava, Berlin, Munich and Vienna also stop in Olkusz. You can check the timetable on E-Podroznik site.
Olkusz is located on DK 94 way.
- City center. City center with market place, tenement house- "Batorówka" where Polish King and Prince of Transylvania, Stephen Bathory stayed, middle age st.Andrew's basilica and well-preserved city walls. There's also an underground trail.
- African Museum (Muzeum Afrykanistyczne). A museum dedicated to Africa
- Regional Museum
- Firefighting Museum. Museum with an unique firefighting exhibition
- Rabsztyn castle. Medieval castle close to Olkusz, recently renewed
- Pazurek. A nature reserve close to Olsztyn with beautiful rock formations
- Osiedle Słowiki (Nightingales Settlement in Polish). Much more known as Smurfs (Smerfy). A group of short block of flats with blue roofs.
- Kosciusko hill (Kopiec Kościuszki in Polish)
- St.Stanislaus chapel. A chapel in woods with some benches located in nearby village Żurada.
- Saint Maximilian Maria Kolbe church (Sosnowa 1), a contemporary church with a beautiful interior and building.
- Grodzisko. Ruins of medieval settlement near DK94 way.
- Pomorzany rocks. Limestone rock formations in Pomorzany district.
- Christ the Good Shepard church(Miła 31). A big contemporary church with light and spacious interior, located near Osiedle Słowiki
- Our Lady of Częstochowa church. An interesting contemporary church in nearby village of Kosmołów
- Holy Savior church . A beautiful church and sanctuary in nearby village of Przeginia. The main holiday is celebrated last Sunday of September
- Old cemetery. There's a grave of Francesco Nullo- an Italian January Uprising volunteer died in Krzykawka battle and Memory Wall commemorating city dwellers killed by German Nazi. There's also a Ist World War quarter with graves of Austro-Hungarian soldiers (mostly of Polish, Hungarian and Austrian origin) and Polish soldiers.
- Jewish Cemeteries. There're two Jewish cemeteries in Olkusz, one on Kolorowa and other on Jana Kantego streets.
- There're open air swimming pools Czarna Góra and skate park Silver Park
- City Culture House organizes culture events as meetings with local authors, live concerts etc. There's also a basketry museum in a Culture house branch located in an old palace (Szpitalna street)
- GSW BWA art gallery organizes art exhibitions as well as other events.
- hotel Victoria, Mickiewicza 18. edit Hotel near DK94, free WiFi, restaurant
- hostel Kigo, Przemysłowa 15. edit Hostel located not far from DK94, free WiFi and car park
- MOSIR, Wiejska 1a. edit Guest rooms in the city center , restaurant and sport objects
- Jura Youth Hostel (SSM Jura Olkusz), Legionów Polskich 3. edit Youth hostel near the city center, shared and private bathrooms, bonfire/barbecue place
- Angela, Długa 2. edit An object located near DK94 with restaurant
- Zajazd Pan Tadeusz, Kogutek 1a. edit An object near DK94, restaurant
Olkusz is ideal place for visiting Ojcowski National Park, Kraków or Miechow region as well as closer destinations:
- Bukowno — A beautiful nature city
- Bolesław — Small village with a beautiful church
- Wolbrom — A nice town with two artificial lakes
- Jaroszowiec — A holiday village in Jura Mountains
- Klucze — Small town with I st world war cemetery
- Chechło — A village on Błędowska Desert