Olden is a village in Sogn og Fjordane. This article also deals with the neighbour village Loen . Since they from a travelers view is one destination. They are both surounded by high mountains, and at the fjord Nordjord. The glacier Jostedalsbreen is not far away.
Closest airport is in Sandane (IATA: SDN).
Olden and Loen is on route 60, who is conected by E39, 40 km (25 mi) away. And with route 15.
There are busroutes from Bergen, Førde, Ålesund and Trondheim.
- Briksdal glacier (Briksdalsbreen), (20 km (12 mi) from Olden, in the end of the valley), ☎ +47 57876800 (fax: +47 57876801), . Perhaps one of the most famous glacier in norway. A part of Jostedalsbreen. There is 2.5 km (1.6 mi) from the parkingspace to the glacier. From there you could walk, or be transported with special cars. Transport road-glacier: Adults: kr 170, Children: kr 65. edit
- Kjendalen glacier (Kjendalsbreen). edit
- Lodal lake (Lodalsvatnet). Lodalsvatnet is surounded by high mountains. Becouse of small ice-crystal, the water sometime is green. edit
- Singerheimen, Olden, ☎ +47 57873106 ([email protected]), . The home of the american explorer and painter William Singer. Hosts his paintings and collected artifacts. edit
- Waterfalls, Olden. Lots of waterfalls add to the scenery. The one near the Tjugensetra village is simply brieftaking, but there are lot's of more reacheable ones. edit
- Bike rental, (Touristinformation). There are some queit, and relative flat roads. edit
- Glacier walking, (Meet at Sande Camping), ☎ +47 57876800 or +47 57874040. 10 Jun-15 Sep: at 10AM. A five hour treking, including three hour on the Bødalsbreen glacier. Children under tvelwe years are not allowed. kr 500. edit
- Skålatårnet (Skåla tower), Loen. Those with strong leg muscles can walk to the tower, on top of the mountain 1848 m (6063 ft). Needless to say, the view is magnificent. edit
- Loen pensjonat, Loen, ☎ +47 57877624 (fax: +47 57877678), . edit
If you want to see more dramatic nature, Geiranger is a good choice.