Old Forge is a village in the Adirondacks.
A car would be the best way to get around, but there are scenic railroad rides and cruises for seeing the area in depth.
See mountain scenery and fauna such as loons, bald eagles, and deer on this scenic tours:
- Old Forge Lake Cruises, (315) 369-6473, 
- Norridgewock Tour Boat, (315) 376-6200, , cruise along the Stillwater Reservoir
- McCauley Mountain Scenic Chairlift,(315) 369-3225, . Open late June-mid October daily 9:30AM to 4:30PM except Wednesdays until Labor Day, then Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays until Columbus Day (will be open both Labor Day Monday and Columbus Day Monday). Rates: Adults $5, Juniors (ages 6-16) and seniors (over 65) $4, children age 5 and under free.
- Adirondack Scenic Railroad, 1-877-508-6728, 
- Keyes Pancake House always serves breakfast and other diner food as well. 2967 Route 28, (315) 369-6752
- Water's Edge Inn, 3188 State Route 28, ☎ (315)369-2484, . checkin: 3pm; checkout: 11am. Old Forge's Premier Lodging Destination - from standard rooms to suites. Directly across the street from Enchanted Forest/Water Safari - Summer Stay & Play Packages available! Indoor Pool & Sauna. edit