Ogden  is a historic railroad town in Utah's Wasatch Front.
Salt Lake City International Airport (IATA: SLC)  is the closest major airport to Ogden. Ogden-Hinckley Airport has limited commercial service, but primarily serves general aviation.
Ogden is on Interstate 15, about 40 minutes north of Salt Lake City, and 1 hour and 10 minutes south of the Idaho border.
- Greyhound, 2393 Wall Ave., Phone: 801-394-5573, .
- Salt Lake Express, Exit 343 on I-15 (next to Denny's), Phone: 208-656-8824  offers multiple daily departures to Logan, Salt Lake City (airport & Downtown), Rexburg, Pocatello, Idaho Falls, and intermediate points.
- The Utah Transit Authority (UTA), Phone: 1-888-RIDE-UTA (743-3882) . operates an extensive bus system all across the Wasatch Front, so you can easily and readily reach Ogden by public transportation from almost anywhere along the Wasatch Front.
- FrontRunner, . A commuter rail line running primarily between Ogden and Provo, extending to Pleasant View twice in the evening. Service currently runs every half-hour on weekdays and every hour on Saturdays. One-way fares range from $3-$5.50 depending on how far you travel. To get to the Salt Lake City airport, take the FrontRunner to Temple/Guadalupe and transfer to the green line light rail to the airport.
- The Utah Transit Authority (UTA), Phone: 1-888-RIDE-UTA (743-3882) . UTA buses travel to all of the major points around town.
Downtown Ogden is very walk-able. Most of the major hotels and many tourist sites are clustered around a few city blocks centered on 25th Street between Wall and Washington Avenues.
- Historic 25th Street. Historic 25th Street is a three-block historic district. Stroll through history as you visit restaurants, art galleries, and shops. Historic 25th Street hosts outdoor events throughout the year, including a farmers' market (July through September), zombie walks, an event called Witchstock, and car shows.
- Union Station. Inside Union Station, south of the UTA bus station, there are three museums. The Utah State railroad museum is a remembrance of Ogden's railroad history, and a lot of fun for kids. The Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum is a smaller car museum with several restored antique cars. Finally, upstairs, is the John M. Browning Arms Museum, which features rifles, shotguns, and other guns from the Browning family collection. For one price, all three museums can be visited.
- Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park. The Dinosaur Park is a favorite of all kids visiting Ogden. It has over one hundred realistic full-sized dinosaur sculptures. There's even an animatronic tryrannasaurus rex! And while you're in the neighborhood, stop by Rainbow Gardens, one of the largest gift shops in the West.
- Lindquist Field. Lindquist Field is the home for the minor league baseball team The Ogden Raptors.
- 12th Street Waterfall and Hot Pots. If you follow 12th Street into Ogden Canyon, you'll see a tall waterfall on the north side of the road during most of the year. There is adjacent parking. A short walk from the waterfall, on the south side of the road, are several hot springs that flow into rustic man-made stone hot tubs.
- Great trails. Go east to the foot of the mountains for awesome hiking and mountain biking trails. Not as good as those in Park City, but not as crowded either. There are several trail heads along the east side of the valley.
- Invert Sports, 888-205-7119.  Fun activities at lake, rivers and reservoir in Ogden with luxury vacation rentals and guided watercraft tours including; boats, jet skis, waverunners, stand up paddle boards, wakeboards, water skis, other water toys, water sport lessons, and private tours.
- The Ziegfeld Theater (The Zig), 3934 South Washington Blvd. (Take US-89 north until 40th street, or take I-15 exit 339 for Riverdale Road, take Riverdale Road to 40th street, turn right and go straight until Washington Blvd.), ☎ 855-ZIG-ARTS, . 10 AM - 10 PM. Ogden's premiere theater producing a wide-range of Broadway musicals and plays, acclaimed as some of the best community theatre in the state. Varies. edit
The Newgate Mall  is anchored by Dillard's, Sears, Sports Authority, and a Cinemark movie theatre.
Historic 25th Street has a variety of quaint shops and galleries.
- Kosmos Burger, 1636 Washington Blvd. Family owned, walk-up window type restaurant with picnic tables outside. It's sometimes dark inside and nobody is in sight, but they're still open and will come help you if you knock on the window.
- Union Grill, resides inside the Union Station on the south side, which is located on the west end of 25th street. It serves variety of sandwiches and burgers.
There are several bars on Historic 25th Street, including the famous Kokomo Club, which was featured in Jack Kerouak's book Visions of Cody. There is also Roosters, a classy brewpub.
Teazers is a night club on 36th Street that features many semi-big name concerts.
Some restaurants also feature a full bar, but since this is Utah, not nearly as many serve alcohol as might be expected elsewhere.
If you're just looking for coffee, the local favorite is Ogden-based chain Grounds for Coffee has three locations in town. The most popular is on 30th and Harrison.
- Ben Lomond Suites, 2510 Washington Blvd., +1 877 627–1900.  One of Utah's last remaining grand hotels, and the most historic hotel in Ogden.
- Best Western High Country Inn, 1335 W 12th Street, +1 801 394-9474, Toll-free: +1 800 594-8979, Fax: +1 801 392-6589, .
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 2245 S. 1200 W., +1 801 392-5000, .
- Motel 6, 1455 Washington Boulevard, +1 801 627-4560, Fax: +1 801 392-1878, .
- Ogden Marriott, 247 24th Street, +1 801 627-1190, Toll-free: +1 888 825-3163, Fax: +1 801 394-6312, .
- Snowbasin is around the corner. It's a nice place to ski, but it doesn't get as much or as good snow as they do in Park City. And there's no lodging on the mountain itself.
- Antelope Island State Park is about 45 minutes from downtown Ogden. It's accessible by 1700 S in Syracuse, which turns into a causeway. The scenic island is known for its herd of 500 bison. There is a visitor center and the Fielding Garr Ranch that you can visit. You can go hiking, biking, or horseback riding with a guide. You can also camp on the island at several campgrounds. Entry fee to the park is $9/vehicle; hours vary based on the season, so check the website.
- City of Ogden Attorneys  is an easy way to find a local Ogden DUI Criminal attorney if you find yourself with an impounded car or suspended license in Ogden.
- Ogden City Justice Court  serves those who have committed traffic or criminal misdemeanor violations within Ogden City limits. This court also hears small claims cases where the debt originated or the defendant resides in Ogden City. The address is 310 26th St. Ogden, Utah 84401. Hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Mon - Fri. Phone (801) 629-8560