Nyon  is a small town on the western shore of Lake Geneva, Switzerland.
Frequent regional trains between Geneva and Lausanne stop at Nyon. The train station is within walking distance from the lake shore. Nyon is also serviced by trains from St. Gallen, Basel and Zürich which stop in Nyon every hour.
Nyon is small enough to cover on foot.
Nyon is proud of its Roman ruins.
In summer, take the small train starting from below the train station and go to the station Givrine. Then walk to the top and enjoy the view. In winter, you can find a full fledged winter sport station at Givrine, with alpine and nordic skiing.
- Nyon Castle, Place du Château,1260 Nyon. /VD, . November to March:Tuesday to Saturday: 2pm-5pm.Closed on Monday (except public holidays). Nyon Castle, a 12th century fortress above Lake Geneva, contains the History and Porcelain Museum.Its former prison in the attic has recently been opened to the public.From the terrace visitors can enjoy the magnificent view out over Lake Geneva and the Alps and even have access to the Castle’s kitchen garden, still in use. Free admission every 1st Sunday of the month.From January 2nd 2009: Adults :8 CHF, Senior citizens, students, groups of more 10 adults: 4 CHF • Free entrance for children under 16.. edit
- UEFA Headquarters. Must see for all football fans. All the European Cups are on display inside the main building (if they let you in). Beautifull small park around the building with some football related memorabilia. edit
- Explore the Old town. edit
Nyon is host to the largest European Music Festival every year in early July — called Paléo, the festival attracts Musicians and people from all around the world come to enjoy this wonderful festive atmosphere.
Nyon also hosts the Visions du Réel International film festival every April.
Get a home made chocolate at "Smoothies de Sophie" in Rue de la Gare.
No campsite in Nyon (there used to be one but the land was sold to the UEFA so they could build their Headquarters).
The cheapest hotel is the "Hostellerie du XXVIe siècle" which is situated on the Place du Marché. Second cheapest is the "Hotel des Alpes" situated near the Station.
- Villa Sanluca  Chemin des Cottages 6, tel. +41 22 362 62 53. Checkin: as of 15h00, Checkout: 11h00, Prices from CHF 140 to CHF 270. The Villa Sanluca is a beautiful B&B guesthouse in Nyon with garden, swimming pool and 3 exceptional rooms with evocative names: La Vie en Rose, Rêve d’Eau and Parfum d’Orient. It's located in an old mansion close to the town centre in a quiet and private atmosphere. Hearty Swiss breakfast, wireless Internet access and car parking is included in the price.
- College Champittet Nyon  is a Nord Anglia Education international school that has been providing outstanding education for over 100 years.