Nowy Sacz is a historic (it was established at the end of 13th century) town in Eastern Beskids in southern Lesser Poland Voivodeship, situated southeast of Kraków.
The fastest way to get there is bus. There are buses from Krakow leaving from the Bus Station next to Main Railway Station on the upper deck of the station every 30 minutes. There are two major companies: Szwagropol and Voyager. Ticket costs 19 PLN and takes 2h to get in.
As an alternative way, there are some trains from Krakow are around every two hours. It takes 2h 30min to get to Nowy Sącz. It's not very popular as it goes via Tarnów so it's good choice if you want to make a stop in Tarnow or see some landacapes.
The best way to get around the city and neighbouring areas is to use public transport system MPK Nowy Sącz. You can find timetables and search for connections online. If you use smartphone, for convenience sake there is an app Transportoid 2 available for iOS and Andtoid. So far this is the only mobile app that supports Nowy Sącz timetables.
- One of the largest Market Square in Poland (actually, second only to Krakow's)
- Town Hall from 19th century
- Ruins of a medieval Royal Castle
- Saint Margaret's basilica
- Saint Casimir church. Church from 19/20 century located near Planty park. There's a beautiful interior.
- Saint Laurence church. Church's located in district of Biegonice. It has a beautiful interior. It was built in the beginning of 20 century.
- Sacred Heart church. Neogothic church
- The Great Synagogue
- Bajs Nusn Synagogue (Natan House). Tiny object located on Jagiellońska 12 street
- old cemetery
- Jewish cemetery. Located on Rybacka street
- Open Air Museum of Architecture
- Art Nouvau villas. There're many art nouveau villas in different locations: willa Zofia and Willa Ave Maria
- First World War Cemeteries. There're three ones: on central cemetery, in Dąbrówka and Zabełcze districts.
- Wooden churches
- Saint Rita sanctuary. Contemporary church with a characteristic building located on the way to Krynica-Zdrój. It's surrounded by nice garden.
Check the Nowy Sącz District Museum with several branches in different historical buildings. There's a street art on Grodzka and Wolności streets . You can rest in many city parks. Sokół Culture Center organises many events.
There's quite wide choice of accommodation in Nowy Sącz. It's a good option if you travel to places as Rożnowskie lake or Krynica-Zdrój in high season.
- Villa Beata, Zawiszy Czarnego 12 D. edit Villa located about 3 km from city center, WIFI
- Pokoje Zygmuntowska, Zygmuntowska 17. edit Guest rooms with free WiFi located 2 km from city center
- hotel Panorama, Romanowskiego 4 A. edit Hotel in city center, free WiFi, restaurant, bar
- hotel Beskid, Limanowskiego 1. edit Hotel located 2 km from city center, free WiFi, spa, restaurant, swimming pool
- Keisa, Barbackiego 89. edit Object located about 1,5 km from city center, free WiFi, car rental
- Ibis Styles Nowy Sącz hotel, 1 Brygady 2. edit Hotel located 4 km from center, free WiFi, restaurant, bar
- hotel Piano, Szurmiaka 25. edit Hotel located not far from ethnographical park, restaurant
- hotel Rypsówka, Graniczna 95. edit Hotel located about 3 km from city center, restaurant
You can see spa towns of Krynica-Zdrój, Muszyna or Żegiestów, Tylicz holiday village or Slovakia.