Novato  is in Marin County in the San Francisco Bay Area of California.
Via Highway 101, the major north-south freeway or from Highway 37 which crosses marshland from Vallejo and Highway 80 or from west Marin on Hicks Valley Road/Novato Blvd.
Conditions may be too windy for bicycles to go "upwind."
There is limited Golden Gate Transit (bus) service, which is primarily used by commuters. The bus serves a major stop "downtown" on Old Redwood Highway.
Essentially a bedroom community but there are various hiking opportunities in the open space around Novato and Marin County (e.g. Mt. Burdell). Immediately west of town are rolling hills, cow farms and 60-acre-plus ranches -- a pleasant, scenic ride by car or motorcycle.
- Maya Palenque, Best Mexican Food in Marin, yum! great staff, great drinks, great prices. Try the desserts!
- Hilltop Cafe, a local favorite for fine dining.
- Moylan's Brewery Large selection of beer varying from Light pilsner to heavy stouts and porters with a full menu. 15 Rowland Way, Novato, CA 94945 - (415) 898-4677
- Finnegan's Marin 877 Grant Ave, Novato, CA 94945 - (415) 899-1516
- Best Western Novato Oaks Inn, 215 Alameda Del Prado, +1 415 883-4400, Toll-free: +1 800 625-7466, Fax: +1 415 883-4128, .
- Courtyard Marriott Novato, 1400 N Hamilton Parkway, +1 415 883-8950, Fax: +1 415 883-8960, .
- Days Inn Novato, 8141 Redwood Blvd., +1 408-737-1177, .
- Inn Marin, 250 Entrada Drive, +1 415 883-5952, Fax: +1 415 883-5058, .
- Courtyard Novato Marin (ourtyard Novato Marin/Sonoma), 1400 N Hamilton Parkway,Novato, California 94949 USA, ☎ +1-415-883-8950, . checkin: 3:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM. Check-in and Check-out Check-in: 3:00 PM Check-out: 12:00 PM Express Check-In and Express Checkout High-Speed Internet Access Guest rooms Complimentary Wireless Lobby and public areas: Complimentary Wireless Meeting rooms: Wireless Parking Complimentary on-site parking Property Details 4 floors , 129 rooms , 7 suites 2 meeting rooms, 1,025 sq ft of total meeting space New Lobby Smoke-free Policy This hotel has a smoke-free policy Pet Policy Pets not allowed 199 USD. edit
- San Rafael, a charming city with plenty of restaurants and shopping, is a ~15-minute drive south on highway 101.
- Napa, a widely-recognized wine-lovers' destination, is about an hour north.