Norwalk is a city in Fairfield County, in the state of Connecticut in the United States of America. It includes the villages of: East Norwalk, West Norwalk, Cranbury, Silvermine, Winnipauk, Wilson Point, Harbor View, Rowayton and South Norwalk, known locally as "SoNo." Norwalk, probably due mostly to its proximity to New York City, is home to many large companies.
- Westchester County Airport(HPN) is a medium-sized airport in Westchester County, with flights coming and going nationwide. It is about 30 minutes away.
- Laguardia Airport(LGA) is a major airport in Queens, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 50 minutes away.
- Tweed New Haven Regional Airport(HVN) Located 36 miles (60 km) northwest of the center of Bridgeport, Tweed Airport is referred to as Southern Connecticut's Airport and there are daily flights to and from Philadelphia by USAirways. After arrival you can get a rental car, or taxi and bus service can both can transport you to the New Haven Union Station/Metro North Train Service.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport(JFK) is a major airport in Queens, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 60 minutes away.
- Newark International Airport (EWR) is a major airport in Newark, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 80 minutes away.
- Stewart International Airport (SWF) is an airport is Newburgh, NY, with flights going and coming from Atlanta, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale, Detroit, and Philadelphia. It is about 80 minutes away.
- Bradley International Airport is a major airport in Windsor Locks, with flights going and coming worldwide. It is about 90 minutes away.
Norwalk has plenty of public transportation, buses and trains that create easy access to places all over the city. Train stations make it easy to get into Norwalk from all over the area. Most places can also be reached on foot within the different sections of the city.
- The Maritime Aquarium, 10 North Water St., Phone: 203-852-0700, . Daily 10AM-5PM (Jul, Aug until 6PM). Great aquarium, plus lots of hands-on exhibits, and an IMAX theater. You can feed the seals.
- Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum, 295 West Avenue, Phone: 203-838-9799, . Located in beautiful South Norwalk, the museum gives tourists a chance to go inside a landmark of the city.
- Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Av, Phone: 203-866-2744, . Located in the Rowayton neighborhood. Experience the work of local artists. And discover the past of that part of the city.
- Silvermine Guild Art Center, 1037 Silvermine Road, New Canaan, . The arts center brings in all different kinds of artists and performers. Class can also be taken by many different kinds of professionals.
- Norwalk Museum, 41 N. Main St., ☎ 203-866-0202. Wed-Sun 1-5pm. The Norwalk museum building used to be South Norwalk City hall and was built in 1912. It holds historical information about the town of Norwalk. edit
- SoNo Switch Tower Museum, 77 Washington St.. Sat and Sunday 12-5pm May-October. Come and learn about the job of the switch tower operator. edit
- Take a walk in historic South Norwalk and see the beautiful murals and statues placed around the town, by the seaport and down the to beach, it's a perfect picture spot!
- Sheffield Island Lighthouse, A quick boat ride out of the Norwalk Harbour it's beautiful and a once in a lifetime chance to see a real working lighthouse. Don't forget to pack a picnic, the island is home to some beautiful quiet spots that are perfect for a family outing.
- Long Island Sound, ☎ 203-854-7806. Visit Calf Pasture/Shady beach for a beautiful view of the long island sound. The beach includes volleyball courts, baseball/softball fields, a skate park, and picnic areas for events. edit
- Stepping Stones Museum for Kids, 303 West Ave., ☎ 203-899-0606. Tues. 1-5pm Wed.-Sun.-10-5. Stepping Stones is an interactive museum for kids. It is recommended for kids age 1-10 and was named one of the top 50 museums for kids in America. edit
- Crystal Theatre Inc., 165 Flax Hill Rd., ☎ 203-838-7150. Crystal Theatre is an acting program for young to teenage kids. They present plays for the community at reasonable prices. edit
- Fairfield County Symphony, 143 Main St., ☎ 203-978-9029. The symphony consists of participants 18 and older and hold concerts occasionally. edit
- Shakespeare on the Sound, ☎ 203-299-1300. Shakespeare presents Shakespearean plays over the summer near the Long Island Sound. edit
- The Norwalk Riverboat Tour Company, 144 Water St Norwalk, ☎ 203-943-0035, . 9AM-8PM. Silent, electric boat tours gives you a sense of serenity while plying the beautiful Norwalk Seaport. 45+. edit
Washington Street is home to some of the greatest shopping in Norwalk! specialty shops show what the city of Norwalk has to offer. Great clothes and crafts, also shops for home decorating so you can take a piece of Norwalk with you!
The Farmers Market is a great place for fresh fruits and veggies on a Saturday morning!
- SoNo Seaport Seafood, 100 Water St., Phone: 203-854-9483,. For some authentic and fresh waterfront eating. A small restaurant complete with a bar and indoor and outdoor sitting areas. Very reasonable pricing and casual, it's easy to feel very comfortable as you crack open a lobster claw and a beer on the water!
- Mecha, Washington Street. Some of the best ramen and pho in the state. There are a few locations throughout CT. Happy Hour is very generous: $6 spicy miso ramen and a couple $5 cocktails from 3-6pm on weekdays.
- Oyster Festival (first weekend after Labor Day) All the food you can imagine, great seafood and local specialties, it's also fun for the whole family complete with live entertainment, crafts and a games and ride section!
- Coromandel Coromandel is an Indian restaurant on Washington Street. The garlic Naan (bread) here is amazing, any of Coromandel's Saag (spinach) or Gosht (lamb) dishes will make your day. The Tandoori Chicken and lunch buffet are also excellent.
- Overton's Overton's is the local hot dog / hamburger shack. Cheap food and amazing view of the harbor make this a local favorite.
- American Steak House, 595 Connecticut Ave., ☎ (203)853-8869, . American Steak House is a buffet style family restaurant. edit
- Famous Pizza, 23 North Main St., ☎ (203)838-6100, . This New York feeling Pizzeria is a cheap place for dinner in the middle of downtown South Norwalk. edit
- New York Bakery, 52 Main St., ☎ (203)852-9510, . New York Bakery is family owned with great breakfast and deli sandwiches. They sell cakes and pastries of all kinds. edit
- Los Cabos, 36 Westport Ave., ☎ (203)847-5711, . Los Cabos is a moderately priced authentic Mexican restaurant with great food and desserts. edit
- Valencia Luncheria, 164 Main St, ☎ (203) 846-8009, . Arepas and other Latin-American fare. Breakfast/brunch, lunch specials, fresh juices, dinner, bar scene. Popular spot with deservedly good reputation. Options for vegetarians. Small parking lot, on-street parking, and several lots down the street. edit
- Fat Cat Pie Co., 9-11 Wall Street, ☎ (203) 523-0389, . Thin-crust pizza, salads, cheeses, specialty wines, bar. Suitable for families, dates, groups, parties. A must for anyone looking for pizza in the area. On-street parking and a lot down the street. edit
Local bars and restaurants on Washington Street provide great night life for the older crowd. With open store fronts and multiple themed establishments, there is something for everyone.
If you're a coffee fan then SoNo Caffeine, 133 Washington St., 203-857-4224,  is the place for you, a low-key coffee shop with comfortable seating and good food.
- O'Neill's Pub and Restaurant, 93 North Main St., ☎ (203)838-0222, . O'Neill's is an Irish Pub in the middle of downtown South Norwalk (SoNo) and offers cocktail parties, buffet dinners, a bar, and restaurant area. edit
- East Side Cafe, 232 East Ave, ☎ (203)853-2680, . The East Side Cafe is both a restaurant and bar. The restaurant is located on the lower floor, while the bar is on the second floor. The bar includes 9 televisions, for the ability to have many different sporting events on simultaneously. They also have live entertainment. edit
- Local Kitchen and Beer Bar, 68 Washington St., ☎ (203) 957-3352, . Local is a lively bar/restaurant located in the center of downtown South Norwalk (SoNo). They have great food and live entertainment. Monday $3 drafts 3-close and weekday happy hour 4-7pm with $4 select drafts, wine, and wells. edit
- Cask Republic, 99 Washington Street, ☎ (203)354-0163, . Excellent, wide collection of draught and bottled beers. Usually packed on Fridays and Saturdays. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended. You would not want to miss out the good beers! edit
- Courtyard Norwalk, 474 Main Avenue, +1 203 849-9111, Toll-free: +1 800 647-7578, Fax: +1 203 849-8144, . In the business district and across from the Merritt 7 Corporate Park.
- Doubletree, 789 Connecticut Ave, ☎ (203)853-3477. The Doubletree is a very modern, newly renovated hotel in Southern Connecticut. The hotel accommodates business and leisure travelers, and has many types of rooms including suites, executive suites, and accessible rooms. The Doubletree is located directly off I-95. edit
- Hilton Garden Inn, 560 Main Ave, ☎ (203) 523-4050. Just off I-95, Route 7, and the Merritt Parkway. It has accessible rooms, and is in close proximity to many Fortune 500 companies. It is also a 100% smoke free hotel. edit
- Homestead Studio Suites, 400 Main Ave., ☎ (203)847-6888. This suite style hotel has studio, deluxe studio and 2 room suites. The suites include a sleeping area, kitchen, dining area, and working area. edit
- Norwalk Inn, 99 East Ave., ☎ (203) 838-2000. Banquet, meeting rooms, and wedding availabilities. edit
- New York City is about an hour away, and is home to hundreds of tourist attractions such as the statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building
- New Haven is about 45 minutes away, and is home to Yale University and other attractions.
- Hartford is about an hour and 20 minutes away, and is the capital of Connecticut