Northwest Ohio includes Toledo, * Lima and areas of the state bordering Michigan and Indiana.
- Milan, Birthplace of Thomas A. Edison, inventor.
State Parks and Resort Lodges
For camping and getaway rental reservations on any of Ohio's Parks tel. 1-866-644-6727.
- East Harbor State Park, Northeast part of Ottawa County on the north part of Catawba Island, off of Route 63, on the shores of Lake Erie. 365 electric sites, 205 non-electric sites, showers, flush toilets, dump station, launch ramp, camp store, pet camping, two Rent-A-RV units on full-service sites, two deluxe camper cabins, dock rentals, restaurant, marina, fishing, hunting, 7-mile trail, volleyball, basketball, horseshoe courts, playground equipment and a 1,500-foot sand beach.
- Harrison Lake State Park, Fulton County, 26246 Harrison Lake Road, Fayette. 175 campsites, 150 have electric hook-ups, showers, flush toilets, two Rent-A-Yurt units, non-powered watercraft, fishing, 3.5-mile hiking trail , volleyball, basketball courts, horseshoe pits, swimming, fishing, and canoeing.
- Kelleys Island State Park, Erie County on Kelleys Island. 45 non-electric, 82 electric sites, showers, flush toilets, volleyball court, six miles of hiking trails, North Pond Nature Preserve, North Shore Nature Preserve, picnic areas, a picnic shelter, launch ramps, fishing, 100-foot swimming beach and hunting. Kelleys Island can be reached by ferry from Sandusky or Marblehead Peninsula.
- Mary Jane Thurston State Park, Henry County, northeast of McClure at 1-466 State Route 65, on the Maumee River. 35 non-electric campsites, twenty miles of open water for boating, two launch ramps, marina, fishing, hunting, one-mile portion of the Buckeye Trail, six miles of trails in the North Turkeyfoot Area, backpacking, horseback riding or mountain biking.
- Maumee Bay State Park, Lucas County, east of Toledo, and northeast of Oregon on the shores of Lake Erie. Resort lodge with racquetball courts, game room, saunas, whirlpools, indoor, outdoor pools, conference and meeting rooms, dining room, lounge, and a snack bar. Resort cottages. 252 campsites, showerhouses, flush toilets, electricity, playground equipment, fishing, three Rent-A-Camp units, Rent-A-Yurt, five miles of asphalt trails, cross-country skiing, winter nature walks, ice skating, sledding, 32-slip marina, 57-acre inland lake, sailing, canoeing, canoes, paddle boats, row boats, and sailboats are available for rent, two sand beaches, concession area, changing booths, amphitheater, 18-hole "Scottish Links" style golf course, pro-shop, nature center, bike rental, a basketball court, horseshoe pits, bike rental, basketball and volleyball courts.
- Middle Bass Island State Park Ottawa County, on Middle Bass Island south of Pelee Island and north of Catawba Island Ferries are available from Catawba Island or Marblehead. 20-site primitive campground, no drinking water or electric, 50 boat slips, 25 with electric hook-up, 20 tie-ups, showers and flush toilets.
- Malabar Farm State Park, Richland County, 4050 Bromfield Road, Lucas.  15 Primitive campsites and over 12 miles of back-country trails.The original Bromfield home is now a 19-bed hostel.
- South Bass Island State Park, Ottawa County on South Bass Island, southwest of Pelee Island and northeast of Catawba Island Ferries are available from Port Clinton or Marblehead. 125 non-electric sites, 10 full service sites, flush toilets, showers, pet camping, four cabents, two picnic shelters, picnic areas, launch ramp, fishing pier and small stone beach.
- Van Buren State Park, northern Hancock County, north of Findlay, east of Van Buren at 12259 Township Rd. 218. 27 non-electric sites, tables, fire rings, pit latrines, drinking water, playground, outdoor amphitheater, horseshoe pit, hiking, multi-purpose trail, nature center, lake, pet camping, horseman’s camp with 33 non-electric campsites, fishing, hunting, fishing, hunting, volleyball courts and horseshoe pits.
- Maumee Bay Resort & Conference Center,  1400 State Park Road, Oregon. An 1,850-acre State Park, Maumee Bay, a fine recreational facility with a unique natural environment as seen by the convergence of the land and Lake Erie. The lodge, cottages and golf course are at Ohio's premier resort and the newest state park. The Lodge is located along the shore of Lake Erie with a two-story stone fireplace that welcomes guests. The 120 guestrooms with private balcony/patio gives spectacular views of the surrounding park. There are 24 cottages with fireplaces adjacent to wetlands and the lush greens of the golf course.
The mailing address and actual location of these parks may be two different locations: For more detailed information on these and other Ohio State Parks, contact the Ohio Department of Natural Resources - Division of Parks and Recreation. Click here. 
Sandusky County - Held over by popular demand!
- Toledo Express Airport (TOL)
- Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE)
- Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
When visiting Ohio Counties, you will find that the best road maps are usually free from County Engineers offices:
Thomas A. Edison was born in room at upper left.
- Hayes Presidential Center, Fremont, ohio.  The Nations first Presidential Library and Rutherford B. Hayes, nineteenth president of the United States retirement home.
- Lake Erie Islands
- Maumee Bay State Park
- Thomas A. Edison - Birthplace and Museum, in Milan, Ohio.
- Amusement Parks
- Sauder Village (Sauder Historic Village), 22611 St. Rt. 2 Archbold, OH 43502 (1 hour west of Toledo, OH), ☎ 1-800-590-9755, . Visit with costumed guides about how families lived over 100 years ago. Marvel at craftsmen blending skill and creativity in glass, metals, fabric, wood and clay. Enjoy scrumptious homemade goodies and the warmth of genuine, old-fashioned hospitality. edit
- Raceway Park, 5700 Telegraph Road (south of Alexis), ☎ +1-419-476-7751 ([email protected]), . Su-Th 12PM-12AM, F 12PM-1230AM, Sa 12PM-1AM, closed Easter, Christmas, News Years, Thanksgiving. Live Horse Racing Sa 7PM and Su 6PM.. Admission is $2. Admission to the Racetrack is free two hours before and after the first post time of live racing.. edit
- Wood County Historical Center and Museum, 13660 County Home Rd, Bowling Green OH 43402, ☎ 419-352-0967, . Tuesday- Friday 9:30AM- 4:30PM, Saturday and Sunday:1PM- 4PM. The Wood County Historical Center and Museum is the original site of the Wood County Infirmary. The Infirmary opened its doors in 1869 and closed in 1971. This site reopened its doors as the Museum in 1975. The Museum is the home to over 30 exhibits, and offers a variety of educational experiences as well as information on the uses of original site and history of Wood County and Northwest Ohio. edit
Lake Erie Islands, particularly Put-in-Bay and Kelley's Island.