Northern Guangdong is in Guangdong Province in China.
- Heyuan (河源; Héyuán) - small city sourrounded by rain forest
- Liannan - small Yao minority city amongst the montains
- Meizhou (梅州; Méizhōu) - in the far northeast of Guangdong, home to the Hakka minority
- Qingyuan (清远; Qīngyuǎn) - tourist city north of Pearl River Delta sourrounded by mountains
- Shaoguan (韶关; Sháoguān) - in the far north of Guangdong, home to an important temple
- Yunfu (云浮; Yúnfú) - city in the moutains northwest of Zhuhai
- Zhaoqing (肇庆; Zhàoqìng) - famous for its fresh air and the sourrounding environment
Northern Guangdong covers the inland part of Guangdong and includes the prefectures of Yunfu, Zhaoqing, Qingyuan, Shaoguan, Heyuan and Meizhou. This region is less developed and less industrialised than the coastal regions of Guangdong. Instead, you will find mountains, rainforests and ethnic minorities here.
- Wanlu Lake (万绿湖). Lake Scenic Area in Southern China is the largest artificial lake ( Xinfeng river reservoir ), storage capacity 13900000000 stere, because here the four seasons is green, everywhere is green and named lake. Water from the Guangzhou, Shenzhen in 200 kilometers, is called the" garden of Pearl River delta". edit
- High fountain in Asia (亚洲第一高喷泉). Heyuan music fountain is located in the urban areas of Heyuan Xinfeng River Bridge and the Pearl River bridge between Xinfeng River Center, by the Heyuan Municipal People's government financed, started in October 1, 1998, completed in February 6, 1999. edit