Kaafu is a region of the Maldives, which covers North Male Atoll, South Male Atoll and the islands of Kaashidhoo and Gaafaru.
- Malé — the capital city. The airport island Hulhulé is located nearby.
- Hulhumalé — artificial island near Malé.
Surrounding both the capital Male and its airport, North and South Male have seen the heaviest amount of tourist development in the country.
Practically all visitors fly into Velana International Airport, nearby the capital island Malé. from where all resorts in Kaafu are accessible from Velana International Airport in an hour by speedboat or 15 minutes by air taxi.
Scuba diving and snorkelling are the main activities.
- Euro Divers at Kurumba Maldives, Vihamanafushi North Male, ☎ +960 6642324 ([email protected], fax: +960 6643885). Friendly and professional staff offering over 40 dive sites with full facilities. Dive Courses, dive packages, single dive options available. edit
All resorts listed here are on private islands.
- Bodu Huraa (Formerly ''Veligandu Huraa), South Male (35 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6644100, . Reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation under Italian management. The walkway connecting to the Anantara Resort has been demolished, but you are still free to use their facilities. All bungalows are over water. Poor house reef, but snorkelling tours and diving available. edit
- Helengeli Island Resort, North Male, ☎ +960 6644615, . Swiss-run 50-room resort at the northernmost tip of North Male Atoll, catering primarily to divers. Renovated in 2004, rooms are basic and have open-air bathrooms. OceanPro dive shop, small pool, one restaurant and bar, very limited recreational activities aside from diving. The house reef and nearby diving are excellent, but fairly exposed to currents. US$160. edit
- Thulhagiri Island Resort, North Male (25 min by speedboat from airport), ☎ +960 6645930, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 12noon. 55 basic beach bungalows and 17 water bungalows (fully separated, with direct reef access). Good house reef, excellent Sub-Aqua 5* PADI dive centre (~US$50/dive), small pool, some watersports but minimal other facilities (no spa). One restaurant, mostly buffet fare, half/full board packages only. Drinks very reasonably priced (wine from US$2/glass). All in all, a very good budget choice. Beach bungalows US$200, water bungalows US$350. edit
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa, Champa Building, 4th Floor Malé PO Box 20187 Republic of Maldives, ☎ (+96)0 668 0637, . This island is 900 meters long by 250 meters wide, about 55 acres and surrounded by a spectacular house reef a short swim away from the expansive sandy beach. The seaplane transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic 25-minute flight. You can choose from the 194 rooms available, each with their own natural island style, including 30 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 30 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 58 Adjoining Beach Villas, 53 Standalone Beach Villas, and 23 Garden Rooms. USD 682. (3.6340568,72.9589142) edit
- Meeru Island Resort & Spa, Champa Building, 4th Floor Malé PO Box 20187 Republic of Maldives, ☎ (+96)0 664 3157, . This beautiful island is surrounded by an azure lagoon and long stretches of white sandy beach and is the only resort on the island of Meerufenfushi, North Malé Atoll. It is 1200 meters long by 350 meters wide and about 32 hectares (80 acres). Speedboat transfer from Velana International Airport is a scenic 55-minute ride. The resort offers 284 rooms, including 77 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 27 Water Front Villas, 83 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, 77 Beach Villas, and 20 Garden Rooms. USD 541. (4.4550997,73.7125628) edit
- Veligandu Island Resort & Spa, Fasmeeru Building, 6th Floor Malé PO Box 20077 Republic of Maldives, ☎ (+96)0 666 0519, . Veligandu Island Resort & Spa is a tropical paradise of palm trees, powdery sand beaches, crystal clear water and coral reefs, teeming with abundant marine life. Veligandu offers 91 villas, featuring 20 Sunset Jacuzzi Water Villas, 34 Jacuzzi Water Villas, 10 Water Villas, 16 Jacuzzi Beach Villas, and 11 Beach Villas. Seaplane transfer is a scenic 25- minute flight from Velana International Airport. The island is 600 meters long by 150 meters wide and stretches over about 22 acres (9 hectares). USD 886. (4.3017443,73.0147602) edit
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island, Champa Building, 4th Floor Malé PO Box 20187 Republic of Maldives, ☎ (+96)0 664 0123, . Kagi Maldives Spa Island is an island found in the secluded tip of North Malé Atoll just a sixty minutes picturesque boat transfer from Velana International Airport. Kagi Maldives offers a soulful island experience where equilibrium can be found in the overwater spa. This is one of the new resorts opening in September 2020. (4.676958,73.4989805) edit
- Anantara Resort, South Male (25 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6644100, . Formerly Dhigufinolhu, reopened in 2006 after a thorough renovation. Great spa, several restaurants, poor house reef. US$480. edit
- Kurumba Maldives, (10 min from airport by speedboat), ☎ +960 6642324 ([email protected]), . checkin: 3PM; checkout: Noon. 4.5 star resort with 8 restaurants, 3 bars, nightly entertainment, spa, water sports, dive centre, recreation centre, house reef and nice beaches. Range of meal plans including all inclusive menu options. US$300-1500. edit
- Smartline Eriyadu, ", ☎ + 960 664-4487, . Situated in North Male Atoll in the Kaafu Atoll Region, 42 km from Male City, Smartline Eriyadu features a spa centre and fitness centre. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. The rooms have a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, private bathroom with a bath or shower and bidet, free toiletries, hair dryer. edit
- Taj Exotica, South Malé Atoll, ☎ +960 664-2200, . This world famous resort is set in the middle of a large lagoon and is widely regarded as the best resort in the world. The 27-acre resort is surrounded by crystal clear waters and white sandy beaches and contains 55 lagoon villas, four beach villas, and two villa suites that feature beautifully crafted furniture with LCD televisions and bathtubs that overlook the pristine waters of Tamarin Bay and private plunge pools. edit
- Velassaru Maldives, Velassaru, South Male Atoll, Male, 20-02, Maldives, ☎ +960 665 6100 ([email protected], fax: +960 332 53 01), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Offers luxurious beachfront and over-water accommodations with uninterrupted ocean views. It features a wide range of water and adventure sports, as well as sunset cruises and yoga classes. Starting from USD 215. (4.121528,73.436828) edit
- Huvafen Fushi Maldives, North Malé Atoll, PO Box 2017, Republic of Maldives, ☎ +960 664 4222 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. A luxurious resort located in the North Malé Atoll in the Maldives. It features overwater and beach bungalows with private pools, free Wi-Fi throughout the property and 6 dining outlets. Starting from USD 700. (4.368665,73.370262) edit
- SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton, Eh’mafushi, South Male’ Atoll, Maldives, ☎ +960 665-1300 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. A 5-star modern resort located in the Maldives consisting of 198 rooms and villas on the beach and overwater. Connected to The Marina @ CROSSROADS, the resorts offer 12 restaurants, retail shops, event hall, and watersports and dive centre. Starting from USD 225. (4.120763,73.468377) edit
- Grand Park Kodhipparu, P.O. Box 2168, North Male Atoll, ☎ +960 665 1111 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Starting from USD 442. edit
- Cinnamon Dhonveli Maldives, North Male Atoll, Republic of Maldives (From Male 13KM), ☎ +960 6640055 ([email protected], fax: +960 6640066), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Offers guests an exclusive experience in a surfer’s paradise with its exclusive access to the classic Pasta Point surf break. Featuring 5 dining options, it features a first-rate spa, an outdoor pool and fitness center. Starting from USD 225. (4.318088,73.59169) edit
- Adaaran Club Rannalhi, South Male Atoll, ☎ +960 6642688 ([email protected], fax: +960 6640379), . checkin: 1pm; checkout: 12pm. A 4 star hotel located in Maldives consisting of 122 rooms and bungalows and the hotel offers 4 restaurant and bars. Starting from USD 505. (3.903650,73.358077) edit
- Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi Resort, Lhohifushi, Kaafu Atoll,Republic of Maldives, ☎ +960 6641930 ([email protected], fax: +960 6640379), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. A 4 star hotel located in Maldives consisting of 197 villas and the hotel offers 7 bars and restaurants. Starting from USD 597. (4.349064,73.618708) edit
- Adaaran Prestige Vadoo, Kaafu Atoll,Republic of Maldives, ☎ +960 6643976 ([email protected], fax: +960 6640379), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. A 5 star hotel located in Maldives consisting of 50 villas.And the hotel offers four main restaurants. Starting from USD 580. (4.124316,73.457229) edit
- Varu by Atmosphere, North Male’ Atoll, ☎ +960 4000 700 ([email protected]), . checkin: 2pm; checkout: 12pm. Located in North-West of the Maldives, this property offers an array of suites ranging from Water Villas, Family Beach Villas, Villas with Private Pool and more for all-inclusive stays. Starting from USD 700. (4.500932,73.368476) edit
Most resorts run shopping and sightseeing excursions to Male.