North Goa covers the northern half of the state of Goa in India. Goa has two districts, North Goa and South Goa.
North Goa is divided into a number of "talukas" (sub-districts, in Konkani). These are:
The Dabolim airport on the way to Vasco da Gama is Goa's only airport. This is however in South Goa, alternative transport using either road or rail is a must to reach North Goa.
From north to south
- Querim Beach - the northernmost beach of Goa with tall pine trees lined up all along the beach
- Arambol Beach - a quiet beach in North Goa near Pernem. Not too many facilities in terms of hotels or eating joints. The water is shallow and good for swimming.
- Mandrem Beach - another beach in extreme north Goa's Pernem taluka
- Asvem Beach - quieter beach in extreme north Goa's Pernem taluka
- Morjim Beach - beautiful beach, inhabited by Russian tourists. Prices are high, many restaurants with Russian cousine. Nightlife is vibrant here. This place is popular among kitesurfers due shallow depth of the sea and very wide beach.
- Chapora Home of the Chapora fort. Bordering Vagator Beach.
- Vagator Beach - a beach in Bardez, neighbouring Anjuna
- Anjuna Beach
- Baga Beach - a popular and crowded family-beach and charter tourist destination just outside Calangute.
- Calangute Beach - a popular and crowded beach
- Candolim Beach Beach in North Goa's Bardez taluka. Once humble fishing villages. Now the crowded concretised coast of North Goa. Goa's Benidorm. Or quickly getting to be as crowded.
- Sinquerim Beach
- Dona Paula Beach
- Siridao Beach
- Great Live Music 2014 (International Music Festival), lElliot Grounds, Baga Bridge, Goa, . This is a 2 day music festival featuring best of bands from Russia and India from Rock and Jazz Genre, performing Live on 31st January and 1st February 2014. From 5pm to 10 pm . A well known festival for cross-cultural music event edit
- Ashta Yoga Valley (Yoga Reiki & NLP), pernem road Arambol Goa, ☎ 09822336443, . Are you ready to take your yoga practice to a deeper, more meaningful level or teach others about the wonderful benefits of yoga? We are dedicated to deliver top-quality teacher trainings to students from around the world. Our Yoga TTC program is designed to be a profound personal experience where you will deepen your own practice, gain knowledge and self-awareness, and be certified to safely and confidently teach. Graduates of the course will receive The Ashta Yoga Valley Dharamsala Internationally recognized certification, certified by the worldwide Yoga Alliance International India for the 200hrs / 500hrs standard. This YTTC provides a fantastic opportunity to awaken or deepen your yoga practice and the ability to share the yogic lifestyle with others. Our goal is to provide students with the knowledge and insights necessary to become a certified yoga teacher. edit
- Wide-range of Goan food, both Catholic and Hindu variants.
- Fish-curry rice, the daily standard meal for the local working class. Based on fish, and can be quite tasty too.
- Wide variety of global food, from diverse corners of the globe, available specially along the coastal belt of North Goa.
- Range of fruit, that is available specially in the summer (March-May months).
Treat yourself with a range of drinks and beverages and cool off pleasantly in the ease of your rooms. You can order a wide variety of drinks from various restaurant at very nominal prices.
- Backpacker Panda - Goa, (An European themed hostel accommodation at just 100m from the Calangute Beach as well as the main road through Calangute/ Candolim.), #1116, Anna Vaddo, Ximer, Candolim, Goa 403515 (The hostel is a well connected by every means of transport and is in close proximity to The Thivim Railway Station (20km), Vasco Railway Station (39Km), Madgaon Railway station(47km), Panaji Bus Stand(12Km) and Mapusa Bus Stand (9km), the Dabolim airport, too is in close proximity (37km).), ☎ Call 91-72-313995 (or drop an E-mail to [email protected]), . checkin: 02:00 PM; checkout: 12:00 PM noon. The accommodation is in the form of shared dormitories as well as private rooms. Being close to the beach as well as the famous Fort Aguada (4km), this is definitely the top pick for travellers.. (15.528317,73.762189) edit
- Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Goa (Lemon Tree Goa), Vadi, Candolim, Bardez, Goa 403515 (short distance away from Fort Aguada located on Sinquerim beach), ☎ +91 832 3988188, . located just 250 meters from Candolim beach and is in close proximity to all hip and happening beaches like Calangute beach, Baga beach and Anjuna beach. The resort is short distance away from Fort Aguada located on Sinquerim beach. (15.5146287,73.7681777) edit
- Siolim Serenity, Tropical Dreams,Oxel,Goa (200 meters from Chapora river beside Oxel Panchayet), ☎ +91-7730000595, . checkout: 10:30AM. Fully furnished 2bhk apartment within budget (TV, Refrigerator, Geyser, Bed, Cupboards, Chairs, induction oven, Utensils, etc.) with car/bike parking and swimming pool. 2000. edit