View of village and palm grove of Nkob in Morocco
Nkob is a village in Zagora Region, Morocco.
Nkob (Nkoub) is the capital village of the Berber Ait Atta tribe. The Ait Atta belongs to Confederation Ait Atta that are spread along Ouarzazate, Errachidia, and Azil Provinces.
The Amazigh Ait Atta are an ancient Berber tribe existent before Arab and Islam entrance in Morocco in the 7th century. The Ait Atta tribe were the most important Moroccan tribes between the 15th and the 19th century.
If you're looking to go deep into the Berber life of south Morocco, Nkob can be quite interesting and offers great experiences.
Way out of Nkob, direction Tazzarine in south Morocco.
Nkob village is located on the road between Ouarzazate and Tazzarine. This is the southern road to connect Marrakech and Erg Chebbi Dunes in Merzouga.
Road Distances to Nkob
- From Marrakesh to Nkob = 340KM
- From Ouarzazate to Nkob = 136KM
- From Agdz to Nkob = 67KM
You can get a shared taxi from Ouarzazate to Nkob from the Central Bus Station (Gare Routiere d'Ouarzazate). 60 Dirhams per person. 8am.
CTM brings you directly to N'KOb (via Quarzazate and Agdz). The line Marrakech-Tazzarine starts every morning in Marrakech at CTM-station at 10.30am. 120DH p.P.
You arrive at N'Kob at about 7.00pm.
You can get a bus from Ouarzazate's Bus Station to Tansikht 40 Dirhams (4 Euros) and from here get a shared to Nkob 12 Dirhams per person 15 minutes ride.
View of Oasis and Kasbah in Nkob village in Morocco
You can easily explore the village, and the 2 surrounding oasis:
- Mountains and Desert (Djebel Saghro Mountains and Desert Treks), From N’kob (Best to Phone), ☎ +212 673519435 ([email protected]), . Click Blue Arrow for Website. Can be called at any hour. Treks for 1 to 15 persons from 1 day to 1 month. Travel on foot, by mule, camel or 4x4 starting from N’Kob or elsewhere (your choice) with experienced and qualified multilingual guide who specialises in the local history and culture. Prices to suit all pockets. edit
Ichou le Berbere Excursions, Mountain Trekking in Morocco
Top view from inside Nkob village in Morocco
- Nkob Market (Mountain Trekking in Nkob), (Saghrou Mountains). Friday animal Market, Saturday and Sunday Market for local produce and all you can imagine. Nkob Market (souk) is the 2nd biggest of Zagora Province where many people from the region come to make business and shopping. edit
- Mountain Trekking (Mountain Trekking in Nkob), (Saghrou Mountains). Nkob is surrounded by the Saghrou Mountains. These mountains offer great trekking opportunity and great wilderness. edit
- Explore the Kasbahs (Kasbahs Nkob Morocco), (Old village). Explore the immense Kasbahs inside the old village. If you have the chance try to enter one of the houses to see an upper view of the whole region. edit
- Ichou le Berbere Excursions (Mountain Trekking Nkob Morocco), (5 Days Dades Valley to Nkob Trekking), ☎ +188.8.131.52.610 ([email protected]), . Usually Excursions start 8am from Taoudilt Dades or from Nkob Village). 5 days Mountain trekking from the Dades Valley crossing the Saghrou Mountain all the way to Nkob village. 400 Dirhams (40 Euros) per day / per person all included. Groups with more than 5 people price drops to 300 Dirhams (30 Euros) per person.. edit
- Desert Morocco Adventure (Excursion Nkob Morocco), (2 Days desert tour from Nkob), ☎ +212601659383 ([email protected]), . Excursions start at 8am from Nkob Village). 2 days excursion from Nkob to the desert Merzouga. Overnight in a luxury desert camp 700 Dirhams (70 Euros) per day / per person all included. Price per person in group of 5 Pax: 550 Dirhams (55 Euros).. edit
- Morocco Nomad Excursions (Morocco Nomad Excursions), (1 Day trekking from Nkob), ☎ +212 641 969 045 ([email protected]), . The daily trek start at 8am from Nkob Village). With more than 10 years of experience in the organization of trekking in the Jebel Saghro. Morocco Nomad Excursions organizes a daily trek to Saghro from Nkob. 700 Dirhams (70 Euros) per day / per person all included.. edit
Don't miss the change to visit Nkob weekly market.
- Region Berber Sandals, (Near supermarket Dohou and Restaurant Id Bab n'Ali). Theres one shop in Nkob named Ait Atta Shoes from Mr. Oufafa. Price ranges from 120 Dirhams to 150 Dirhams for high quality hand made leather sandals. edit
- Henna powder, (Many shops on the main street of Nkob). Moroccan best Henna comes from Nkob so if you're looking for prime quality henna powder this is the best place to get it. You can even buy it at local people's houses as many families have few hectares of henna plantations. henna powder costs 10 Dirhams for 200 grams. edit
- Almonds. Nkob is known for great almonds organically grown. edit
- Women Berber cosmetics and clothing. Many shops on the main street sell local Berber women clothing and cosmetics. edit
- Restaurant Kasbah Ennakhile (Restaurant Nkob), 45000 Nkob, ☎ +212.524.839.719 ([email protected]), . edit
- Homemade Berber Food (Homemade Food Nkob), La'aoun Street, 45702 Nkob, Zagora Region, Morocco, ☎ +184.108.40.206.10, . Lunch time from 12pm to 3pm / Diner time from 8pm to 10pm. 100 Dirhams (10 Euros) per person. Not more than 10 people. Booking in advance needed.. edit
- Restaurant Merzouga (Food Nkob), (In front of weekly market). Eat traditional homemade food made in a real wooden fire. Great chance to taste authentic Berber cuisine made by Mrs. Fatima. Around 50 Dirhams (5 Euros) per person.. edit
- Restaurant Station ZiZ (Station Ziz, N'kob), (N'kob), ☎ +212638261040, . A very nice place where you can enjoy good tasteful tajines, couscous, brochettes, the typical berber soup and refreshing salads. Idir welcomes you with mint tea served on the terrace or in the garden. edit
- Panaché Milk Shake (Milk Shake Morocco). Panaché is a usual Moroccan milk shake blending milk, sugar, apples, avocado and banana. This can be easily be changed to a non-dairy and no sugar smoothie if asked to do it with orange juice instead of milk. Depending the fruit season peach and strawberries can also be added. Ask for panaché special for an extra taste of dried grapes and almonds. 10 - 15 Dirhams. edit
- Avocado Milk Shake (Milk Shake Nkob). Most cafes will prepare you a avocado milk shake. This is probably one of Moroccans favorite milk shake. edit
Patio inside Hotel Kasbah Ennakhile in Nkob, Morocco.
- Tigmi Nkob Chez l'Habitant Home Stay (Home Stay Nkob Morocco), La'aoun Street, 45702 Nkob, Zagora Region, Morocco (This house is located right in the middle of the village, surrounded by old kasbahs.), ☎ +220.127.116.11.610 ([email protected]), . close 300 Dirhams (30 Euros) Single Room + breakfast + diner / 500 Dirhams (50 Euros) Double Room + breakfast + diner. edit
- Hotel Kasbah Ennakhile (Hotel Kasbah Nkob), 45000 Nkob, Zagora Region, Morocco (The hotel is located right on the way out of Nkob direction Tazzarine.), ☎ +212.672.641.511 ([email protected]), . Hotel 300 Dirhams (30 Euros) Room in Kasbah (private bathroom) + Diner + Breakfast / 160 Dirhams (16 Euros) Room in Auberge (shared bathroom) + Diner + Breakfast. edit
- Ksar Jenna (Hotel Ksar Jenna Nkob), 45000 Nkob, Zagora Region, Morocco (2km before Nkob direction Ouarzazate), ☎ +212.671.731.976, . Hotel edit
- Auberge Ouadjou (Auberge Nkob Morocco), (Entrance of Nkob near Ziz Petrol Station), ☎ +18.104.22.168.14 ([email protected]), . Camping car space available. Rooms and tents. Double room 240 Dirhams /Single room 130 Dirhams. edit
- Kasbah Baha Baha, (On the toad heading Saghrou), ☎ +212.52430780 ([email protected]), . Hotel built inside a traditional kasbah in center Nkob. Single room 25 Euros / Double room 37 Euros / Triple room 50 Euros. edit
- Kasbah Imdoukal, (In the village center near Tigmi Nkob Chez l'Habitant). 300 Dirhams per person. edit
- Riad du Sud (Kasbah Hotel Riad du Sud), Tamsahelte (Tazzarine), ☎ 00212 (0) 661 33 86 01, . Hotel Kasbah Riad du Sud is located in the village of Tamsahelte at about 10 kilometers from northwest of Tazzarine direction N'Kob and 20 kilometers from east of N'Kob. Coming from Ouarzazate or Zagora take the N12 at Tansikht direction N'Kob / Tazzarine. From N12 turn of to the village of Tamsahelte and when arriving at the first houses turn right up the hill. Although the road to the village is not paved, normal cars can easily drive through. Double Room B&B: 40€. edit
- Kasbah Hotel Ait Omar, Centre Nkob 47702 Nkob BP95 Province de Zagora (N 30° 52‘ 26,6“ / W 5° 51‘ 45,3“ The carefully restored Kasbah sits on a slope on the outskirts of the old village centre of N’Kob Oasis), ☎ 00212 (0) 524 839 981 ([email protected]), . Offering traditional and modern prepared dishes -also vegetarian- according to south-eastern Moroccan traditions. Families travelling with children are very welcome.
20-45€ per person. edit
View on Kasbah Hotel Ait Omar from the courtyard down.
- Auberge Bassou, Nkob, . 25€. edit
Mercedes Van - Shared Taxi in Nkob Morocco
- Erg Chebbi - Amazing orange colored dunes just 35km away from Erfoud
- Erfoud - The entrance town to Erg Chebbi Dunes, great town to buy goods before entering the open desert
- Rissani - Desert town with a museum, Alaouite King Mausoleum and impressive center market
- Merzouga - Village on the edge of Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Errachidia - Region's capital with airport and other main government facilities
- Ouarzazate - Called the capital of the south, Ouarzazate makes the transition from Oases to Sahara Desert