Nicosia district is a region that spans both Cyprus and Northern Cyprus. This article covers only the southern Greek-Cypriot side of the district; see Nicosia district (North) for the Turkish-Cypriot side of the district.
- Central Nicosia City
- Fikardou - a deserted old village
- Trodos Mountains - with their beautiful medieval churches which are World Heritage. Its centre is the village of Kakopetria.
- Kykkos Monastery - the richest and most prominent monastery in Cyprus, Kykkos attracts visitors all year round.
- Palaichori - Agrotourism holiday destination in the foothills of the Troodos mountains, Palaichori has a rich history with many churches, one of which; Saint Soteros belongs in the catalogue of the International Cultural Inheritance of UNESCO.
With public transport not being very prevalant on the island, rental cars are very common among visitors to Cyprus. The Nicosia district is best explored by car.
- An Olive Odyssey - Olive Oil Tasting Class, ☎ 99041595 / 99484197, . Check out this activity and visit the outskirts of Nicosia to visit an award-winning olive oil production center. You'll be invited in by the owner to learn all about olive oil and how it's made before sitting down to a tasting session of various kinds of olives and olive oils. edit