New Fairfield is a town in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
The main way to travel to New Fairfield is by car. The town is located at a cross off of route 37 and route 39. The center of town is six miles NorthWest of Danbury, CT. The entire town is connected by small roads and streets.
Another way to get to New Fairfield you can go to the Southeast Train station in Southeast, New York. From there you can take a shuttle to New Fairfield. The shuttle fee is $1.50 and runs M-F 5:35 AM to 7:43 AM and 5:52 PM to 9:26 PM. This shuttle starts at the Southeast Train Station, then stops at: Company A Fire House, Ball Pond Fire House, and Temple Beth Elohim.
For the people who are visiting by plane should fly into Westchester County Airport. This is the closest airport, and has international flights. This airport is roughly an hour away from New Fairfield, so once you arrive you have the choice of taking a taxi, uber, or train. If you choose to travel by train, read “by train” above.
New Fairfield is a small town and it is small enough that everything is just a short car ride away. Walking is quite difficult because that there are no sidewalks. If you don’t own a car and are planning on visiting, look into the application called uber or a shuttle that visits several towns in the surrounding area.
- Castle Park: A small park created for younger children. The park is located on the same road that leads to New Fairfield High School and New Fairfield Middle School. This park tends to be used less in the colder seasons. There are swings, benches, slides, and a fenced in dog park. This park is also next to the soccer/ baseball fields that is primarily used by local teams, as well as patrons who want to play a game with friends. This park is open 24/7, and is free for public use. Recently renovated, this park is popular with the children who play there and their parents who have a chance to relax.
- Ball Pond: A medium sized pond, usable by the general public. This pond has a a small strip of land that is covered in sand for beach goers. Here they can swim, play in the sand, sun bathe, or just relax. At the other end of the pond there is a boat launch for kayaks or canoes. This pond tends to be quiet because of it's rules against motorized water transportation. During winter when the lake freezes over it is commonly used by people who walk out to the center for ice fishing.
- Little Red Schoolhouse: A historic schoolhouse constructed in the late 1800’s and has been maintained since then. The schoolhouse now holds small events and information sessions about the house and it’s history. This tour is often taken by the students of local schools so you are likely to find multiple students taking the tour with the other patrons. Be aware this schoolhouse is very small, it can only fit roughly 20-40 people comfortably at a time.
- Squantz Pond State Park: Squantz Pond is a smaller pond that is attached to Connecticut's largest lake, Candlewood Lake. If you drive here there is a small one time fee for parking. Here you can find a giant beach that is used regularly for swimming, sun bathing, relaxing, and sports. There is a wooded area that surrounds the lake and offers several hiking trails for the avid hiker to climb, or else people can explore the wilderness. There are grassy areas that surround the beach and are often used for picnics. The park is used by people of all ages so expect to see a wide variety of people when visiting.
New Fairfield is a small town in SouthWestern, Connecticut, and tends to get the most attraction during the Summer or Fall, due to the amount of outdoor activities for people to visit. This town is not often visited by tourists and is primarily occupied of commuters that drive to New York City for their employment.
- Brunos Pizzeria: A small, unorthodox, family owned, pizzeria located in the center of the town. This pizzeria is known for its specialty pizzas, rather than plain slices. When ordering you will go up to the counter and choose what you want, pay, then sit down at a table of your choosing and the wait staff will bring you your order. When there you can buy by the slice or by the pie. This pizzeria is popular within the younger community of New Fairfield.
- New Fairfield Food Center: A small grocery store with an attached Italian deli, this location has gained popularity for its sandwiches. Small amount of seating outside for patrons who want to sit down and eat. Most patrons will order a sandwich and will look through the grocery store in order to find something to eat/drink on the side, this convenience is possible because the patron is able to pay for everything they want to purchase at the same time.
- Main Moon Chinese Kitchen: A small Chinese takeout store located in the center of town next to Brunos Pizzeria. The menu has a wide variety of Chinese style foods. The interior is very small, with only two small tables to sit from. One reason people enjoy this restaurant can see into the back and watch as your food is cooked, assuring the patron the food is fresh.
- The Goodie Shop: Located next to New Fairfield Food Center, is a small, family owned bakery. The shop is known for their baked goods, but also sells ice cream, coffee, gelato, and more. It has enough room to seat 20 people, so no matter what time of the day a customer wants to go, there will be ample seating.
- Olde 37 patio & grill, 25 state route 37 (25 state route 37), ☎ 2037463700, . 11 to 9. Olde 37 is the only place in town to get healthy locally sourced food.They feature Grass-fed Hamburgers ,Oven Fries ,locally sourced Ice cream and Beverages .Great patio for Summer dining . $ 10.00. edit
- New Fairfield Motel: A 13 room, family run motel located 2 miles from Candlewood Lake, with recent renovations, has rooms to fit 1-5 people. Each room is different within style and the rooms are set up less like an average hotel and more like a bedroom in someones home. There are 4 styles of rooms: a king room (one king sized bed), a queen room (one queen sized bed), a twin room (two twin sized beds), and a family room (combination of the king and twin rooms).