Neu-Isenburg  is a city in Hesse that borders directly in the north and west to Frankfurt. The city is regionally known for it's proximity to the Frankfurt airport, it's shopping mall and some nicer garden restaurants.
Neu-Isenburg has almost 36,000 inhabitants and was a sleeping town until the industy took advantage of the good location and the proximity to the airport. Nowadays it's a very multicultural city with many people that live only temporary in town. It still has a nice old town center but the city is spread out and after the business hours it's calm.
Neu-Isenburg is very well connected and has entries/exits to the Autobahns A3, A5 and A661 plus the federal street B43 (shortcut to the airport). In the morning and evening rush hour most Autobahns are congested so plan additional time if you travel to Frankfurt or to the trade fair. There is a direct bus to/from the airport (Bus 651 from Airport Terminal 1) that leaves twice per hour and the railway is well connected to Frankfurt main station.
Neu-Isenburg is part of the RMV  and therefore connected to the public transport system of the greater Frankfurt area. Within the center you can easily walk or taxis are available in front of the Hugenottenhalle. Keep in mind that the public transport stops early in the evening, so if you intend to go around after 8PM check the schedules or have a bike.
- Neu-Isenburg Zentrum, Frankfurter Straße (Hermesstrasse 4 for navi) (city center), . Huge shopping mall that is currently partly under renovation for a new brighter impression edit
Neu-Isenburg has a huge varity of restaurants due to the large numbers of business travellers and non-German population.
There are dozens of food stalls in the Neu-Isenburg Zentrum Mall that offer cheap food over lunch time.
- Maharaja Palace, Frankfurter Straße 72, ☎ +49 (0)6102 31324. Indian budget restaurant that also offers delivery services edit
- Thong Thai delivery service ([email protected]), Frankfurter Straße 233 (Neu-Isenburg Zentrum), . 11:30AM-02:25PM & 5PM-9:25PM. Good Thai delivery service. Very popular during lunch time edit
- China Imbiss Jade, Frankfurter Str. 163, ☎ +49 (0)6102 - 1324. Budget take away and/or delivery chinese restaurant just across the street of Neu-Isenburg Zentrum edit
- Restaurant Tonino, Frankfurter Straße 152 (in the Hugenottenhalle), ☎ +49 (0) 6102 770430, . Good Italian restaurant next to Neu-Isenbug Center. Popular for business lunch. In the evening well booked for bigger groups edit
- Naturfreundehaus Neu-Isenburg, Neuhöferstraße 55, ☎ +49 (0) 6102 326032, . 11AM-3PM & 5PM-midnight. Traditional German restaurant with terrace edit
- Neuer Hafenkasten, Frankfurter Str. 118 (close to city center), ☎ +49 (0)6102 353 29, . 11:30AM-3PM & 6PM-midnight. Gourmet Italian restaurant right in the center that is popular for business travellers. Reservation for dinner necessary edit
- Alter Haferkasten, Löwengasse 23 (old town place), ☎ +49 (0)6102- 32 60 59, . Excellent italian restaurant close to the old town place edit
- Zum Grünen Baum, Marktplatz 4 (old town place), ☎ +49 (0) 6102 38318, . Excllent Alsacien restaurant with nice garden and excellent service. Several times a week special french specialities edit
Neu-Isenburg is a small town if you are interested in parties etc. go to Frankfurt which is 10-20 minutes away.
- rincon Tapas Bar, Frankfurter Straße 184, ☎ +49 (0)6102 3726096. One of the longest established bars in the city center. edit
- Balladins Superior hotel Isabella, Herzogstrasse 61-63 (close to Neu-Isenburg Zentrum), ☎ +49 6102 3570, . Budget business traveller and package tourist hotel with 225 rooms on 19 floors. Also crews from budget consicious airlines stay here. edit
- Friendly Cityhotel, Carl-Ulrich-Straße 161 (close to the industrial zone), ☎ +49 (0)6102 88286-0, . Three star hotel with location right next to the industrial zone and close to the railway station edit
- Mercure, Frankfurter Str. 190 (city center), ☎ +49 6102-59940, . Modern four star hotel that is mostly occupied by business travellers from the surrounding companies and early bird fliers from the airport edit
- Holiday Inn Neu-Isenburg, Wernher-von-Braun-Str. 12 (close to A661 exit NI), ☎ +49-6102-7460, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: noon. Standard chain hotel for early flights to the airport and has a direct transfer to the trade fair edit
- Hotel Wessinger, Alicestraße 2, ☎ +49 (0) 06102 808-0, . Family run hotel with charming rooms and nice breakfast. Close to the airport edit
- Hotel Kempinski, Graf-zu-Isenburg-und-Büdingen-Platz 1, ☎ +49 (0)69 38988-0, . Best hotel in town but old fashion style edit
There are many phone/call shops along Frankfurter Str. for long-distance calls that partialy also have some internet terminals. Ownership often changes, so look for clean shops.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!