Nelspruit is located in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
- The Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport  is a short drive to Nelspruit town.
The airport is well developed, with ATMs, cafes, souvenir shops and several car rental desks.
There are companies that link the town to Park Station in Johannesburg (Intercape from 300 rand one way, Greyhound,...) and also others to OR Tambo International airport there (Lime Time Shuttle  for 420 rand one way)
- Take the N4 highway from Pretoria. Have cash at hand for the toll gates.
Spoornet operates regular trains west to Johannesburg via Middelburg, Witbank and Pretoria, and east to Komatipoort on the border with Mozambique. From Komatipoort you can take a Mozambiquan train east to Maputo.
The train station is at the corner of Andrew and Henshall streets.
Travel around Nelspruit by car and get an eyefull of the beautiful scenery and meandering mountain passes. The area is still quite wild and while you are driving around at your leisure, you may view small game and even some vervet monkeys and baboons.
Car Rental companies in Nelspruit:
- First Car Rental (Car Hire), Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, ☎ +27 11 230 9999 ([email protected]), . Car rentals in Nelspruit. edit
There are few attractions in Nelspruit itself, but the surrounding towns and area can make for an interesting drive.
- Lowveld National Botanical Gardens. It has a tropical atmosphere. It's on the road to White River before you get to the casino. Has several loop walks, bridges and waterfalls with several interpretive signs. There is a cost of admission, and like in many part of South Africa a tip for the car minders. It can feel quiet and isolated, and there is no real security to speak of.
- Try your luck at the casino.
- Kurt Safari (Kruger park Safaris), 426 Kudu Street,Skukuza, Kruger National Park 1350, South Africa (Skukuza rest camp in kruger park), ☎ + 27 (0)82 398 2782, . When you are in Nelspruit visit the Kruger national park and experience a once in a life time with a Kruger park safari tour. R2200. edit
There are three large shopping malls in Nelspruit, and like most of South Africa they are security patrolled. However, they are not open in the evenings.
- Riverside Mall, (From the N4, turn into Daan Pienaar/White River Road (R40) towards White River. Follow this road for about 5km and the mall will be on your right.), ☎ +27 (0)13 757 0080 ([email protected], fax: +27 (0)13 757 0085). M-Sa 9AM-6PM (). A large regional shopping mall. edit
Nelspruit can be used as base for visitors touring the Kruger National Park and the nearby sights, like the Blyde River Canyon. There is a range of accommodation available here, but there is also a similar range near some of the Kruger gates like at Crocodile Gate and at Phalaborwa, which may be more suited to touring the park.
- Chantelle Younes, 27 Venn Street, ☎ +27 (0)78 852-9839. edit
- Crocodile Country Inn, (On the N4, 20 km west of Nelspruit), ☎ +27 (0)13 733-3040 ([email protected]), . From R680pps. edit
- Crocodile Nest Bed and Breakfast, N4 (12 km west of Nelspruit on the N4), ☎ +27 (0)13 733-3090, . Accommodation lies within the huge, peaceful garden with acres of lawn creating wide open space.
Large parking area and good security. All rooms, rondavels, regular bedrooms and cabins have bathrooms en suite, as well as heaters and fans.
Several are equipped with tea/coffee facilities, fridge, television and microwave. From R280pppn. (-25.445692,30.855462) edit
- Umbali, Cromdale Portion 44 (R40 Barberton, Glenwood Turn off), ☎ 0716759045, . Umbali in Nelspruit , is the Kruger Lowveld's leading Multi Purpose Events Venue situated only 5 km from Nelspruit's CBD, with breathtaking panoramic views overlooking the Kaapschehoop Escarpment and the City of Nelspruit , South Africa. Umbali's unique bushveld setting and tranquil atmosphere which is created around the timeless African Bali style has made it the wedding and conference venue of choice in the Lowveld. edit
- Nelspruit Lodge (Nelspruit Lodge), 3 Webb St Nelspruit 1200 (4 Km away from CBD Near Hospital.), ☎ 013 741 1616, . checkin: 9:00; checkout: 10:00. Accommodation in Nelspruit catering to all. With fine Dining and 24 Hour Security. Near Kruger National Park and Stunning nature reserves. edit
- Beetle Loop (Nelspruit Accommodation), 25 Beetle Walk, Nelspruit 1200, ☎ (013) 744 9981, . 4 Star accommodation in Nelspruit Mpumalanga. Providing mobile therapist, Baby sitter by arrangement, Mini Gym, Swimming pool, In the heart of Mpumalanga (-25.499444,,30.990467) edit
- Leaves Lodge (Lodge accommodation), Cnr. Johanna & Halsnoer Cresent nelspruit 1200, ☎ (013) 745 7114, . 5 Star accommodation in Nelspruit offering luxury rooms and on suite Spa with full range of body treatments and skincare treatments. edit
- The Rock Guest House (Guest House Nelspruit), 29 Loerie street West Acres Nelspruit, ☎ 082 3389862, . Offers affordable accommodation in Nelspruit. With luxurious apartments for you to stay while you go and enjoy nelspruit and surrounding areas. From R500 per night. (25°29.272,30°57.322’) edit
- Ekhaya Nelspruit (guesthouse), Cnr Figtree & Tambotie street West Acres Nelspruit, ☎ 082 433 4745, . With 11 luxurious rooms that include family rooms. The Guest house is in walking distance from restaurants and other entertainment facilities. edit
- Loeries Call, No 2 Du Preez Street Nelspruit (From Kruger Mpumalanga Airport/Maputo Get onto the N4 travelling west towards Nelspruit Take the Nelspruit/Barberton off – ramp towards Nelspruit. From the turnoff, travel 4.5 kms to the second set of traffic lights at the entrance to Nelspruit, opposite Valencia Wholesalers and the Tupperware Building – turn left up the hill. At the top of the hill the entrance to Loerie's Call Guest House is on your right – ± 1km from Valencia.), ☎ 27 (0)13 744 1251, . 5 star guest house in Nelspruit. (25°28’40.00”,30°59’22.00) edit
- Francolin Lodge (Luxury accommodation), No 4 Du Preez Street Nelspruit Mpumalanga 1200 South Africa, ☎ +27 (0)13 744 1251, . Francolin Lodge and Boutique Hotel is a luxury guest house situated centrally in Nelspruit , offering 5 star accommodation and hospitality. With the on-site A La Carte restaurant edit
It is not safe to walk around Nelspruit after dark. There are lots of traffic lights in Nelspruit, and vendors and beggars will approach your car when you are stopped. Keep your car doors locked at all times, and consider whether you may find dinner at your accommodation more pleasant than driving a distance through Nelspruit after dark.
- Visit the Kruger National Park
- Take the N4 to Mozambique, even only for sightseeing. You can enter Kruger National Park at the southern gates.
- Visit the train tunnel at Machadadorp. Check before if it is safe to walk through the tunnel.
- Drive north heading to Blyde River Canyon, God's Window.