Nambour is a town in southeast Queensland about 100 km north of Brisbane, with a population of approximately 12,000 people. It is located at the foot of the Blackall Ranges in Maroochy Shire. This part of Queensland is called the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Industries include tourism, sugar, tropical fruits and macadamia nuts. Nambour is more of a business and services centre than a tourist town.
Get in and around
The nearest and most convenient airport is the Sunshine Coast Airport  at Marcoola, near Maroochydore. Tel: +61-7-5453-1500. Next closest is Brisbane International Airport .
By public transport
Nambour falls into Zone 17 of South-East Queensland's TransLink integrated public transport system. More information on this system can be found at their .
Nambour is serviced by Queensland Rail  CityTrain and TravelTrain services on the North Coast Line. In Australia, phone 13 16 17. is centrally located and most bus service pass the station. Nambour is on the northern most point of the Brisbane metropolitan train. You don't need a reservation to get this train to Nambour, and serves depart every hour or so.
Sunbus  runs various routes between Nambour and Noosa and the Sunshine Coast, one via Eumundi.
- Nambour Civic Centre & Cinema - Civic Way, Nambour. Tel: +61-7-5475-7777. Live theatre and performances, regular cinema screenings of films. 
- Lind Lane Theatre, Inc. - 16 Mitchell Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-6279.
- Golf at the Nambour Golf Club  - Nambour Connection Road. Tel: +61-7-5441-2049. Public 18 hole, par 68 course with pro shop. Open daily.
- Thrill Hill Fun Park - Nambour Connection Road. Tel: +61-7-5442-1033. Rides for the kids near the Big Pineapple.
- Centenary Square Shopping Centre - Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-5766. Standard kind of Queensland shopping complex in the centre of town.
- Nambour Central Mall - Cnr Lowe, Short & Ann St
- Nambour Plaza - Ann St. Largest shopping centre in Nambour. Contains Woolworths and Big W.
- D & Ks Cafe and Takeaway - 1/5 Coronation Ave Nambour. Tel: +61 7 5476-1551.
- Bite Cafe on Currie - 60 Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5476-3677.
- Brunch N Lunch - Cascade Arcade. Tel: +61-7-5441-1818.
- Cafe Amici - 59 Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5476-1377. Good local coffee.
- China King Restaurant - 17 Matthew Street, Ph: +617 5441 5599
- Hoy Yuen Chinese Restaurant - 15 Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-2715.
- Lock Wah Chinese Restaurant - 121 Howard Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-4225.
- Midway Licensed Restaurant - 89 Howard Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-2322.
- Scrums Restaurant - Bli Bli Road. Tel: +61-7-5441-2744.
- Shades Cafe - 40 Howard Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-7250.
- Silver Phoenix Chinese Restaurant - 89 Howard Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-5177.
- Commercial Hotel - 35 Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-1144.
- Royal George Hotel - Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-1140.
- Centrepoint Motel - 26 Coronation Avenue. Tel: +61-7-5441-4811.
- Dulong Inn - 8 Talana Drive. Tel: +61-7-5476-0399.
- Koala Welcome Inn - McKenzie Road. Tel: +61-7-5442-1411.
- Nambour Heights Motel - 4 Nambour-Mapleton Road. Tel: +61-7-5476-1888.
- Nambour Lodge Motel - 171 Currie Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-2611.
- Nambour Motor Inn - Corner of Coronation Avenue & Rigby Street. Tel: +61-7-5441-5500.
- Nambour Rainforest Holiday Village - Bruce Highway. Tel: +61-7-5442-1153. Caravan park.
- Buderim Ginger Factory  - 50 Pioneer Road, Yandina, about a 20 minute drive from Nambour. Tel: +61-7-5446-7096. Unusual theme park based on ginger. Cane Train through rainforest a boat ride witrh animated characters various rides and features to entertain children. Claims to be biggest selection of ginger products anywhere in the world. Cafe for meals & snacks. Home made ginger ice-cream in various varieties. Free admission, but charges for the train rides, boat rides, and tours.
- Eumundi Markets  - located in the town of Eumundi, 20 km west of Noosa, about a 30 minute drive from Nambour. Tel: +61-7-5442-7106. One of Queensland's leading tourist attractions since 1979, held every Saturday and Wednesday. Arts, crafts, music, street entertainers, food, atmosphere.
- Spirit House Restaurant and Cooking School  - 20 Ninderry Road, Yandina, about 20 minutes outside Nambour. Tel: +61-7-5446-8977. Well-reviewed Asian food in tropical garden setting, with many of the spices grown on the premises. Cooking-related gift shop.