Musselburgh  is a town in East Lothian, Scotland, around 6 miles east of the country's capital city, Edinburgh. The town lays claim to being the oldest in Scotland, and has certainly been inhabited for many thousands of years, due to its strategic location where the River Esk flows into the Firth of Forth.
Lothian Buses  services 26 and 44 serve Musselburgh from Edinburgh.
East Cost Buses  services 113, 124 and X24 (limited stop) serve Musselburgh from Edinburgh.
Musselburgh is served by First Scotrail  services to and from Edinburgh Waverley and North Berwick.
Musselburgh is just off the main A1 Edinburgh to London road.
The nearest airport to Musselburgh is Edinburgh Airport.
- Newhailes House, (Well-signposted from the west end of Musselburgh.), . May-Sep, Thu-Mon, 12-5. National Trust for Scotland owned mansion house, virtually unchanged since the 18th century. Tranquil wooded grounds, nice for walking. edit
- The Lagoon, (Behind the racecourse). Popular spot for ornithologists, due to the number of migratory birds that use it for a stopover. Lots of birds live here year round too. edit
- Inveresk Lodge Garden, 24 Inveresk Village, Musselburgh, EH21 7TE, ☎ 0844 4932126, . daily 10-6. A garden on a domestic scale, in Inveresk Village about 1 mile South of Musselburgh High Street. £3. edit
- Memory and Reflection, Edinburgh Rd, Musselburgh, EH21 6ED. 24x7. A stainless steel sculpture in the shape of a mussel shell by Michael Johnson free. edit
- The Archer, Mall Ave, Musselburgh, EH21, . 24x7. The Archer, a bronze sculpture by Svetlana Kondakova and Maja Quille located on the south bank of the River Esk free. edit
- Musselburgh Museum, 65 High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 7BZ, . free. edit
- Musselburgh Racecourse, Linkfield Road, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 2859 (fax: 0131 653 2083), . Musselburgh Links has hosted horse racing since 1816, when the development of the docks at Leith put a stop to race meetings on the sands there. After significant investment in facilities over the last decade or so, the course has now been rated a 5-star attraction by Visit Scotland. Hosts races around once a fortnight throughout the year, both flat and National Hunt. edit
- Musselburgh Old Links, Musselburgh Links, The Old Golf Course, Balcarres Road, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 5438, . Located in the middle of the race course, this 9 hole links course claims to the oldest continuously played golf course in the World. edit
- The Musselburgh Golf Club, Monktonhall, Musselburgh, EH21 6SA, ☎ +44 (0) 131 665 2005, . edit
- Ace Bike Co., 101 North High St, Musselburgh, EH21 6JE, ☎ 0131 665 4468, . edit
- Buenos Aires Cafe and Grill, 76 High St, Musselburgh, EH21 7BX, ☎ 0131 665 7998, . Great Argentine inspired food. edit
- Luca's, 32 High Street, Musselburgh, ☎ 0131 665 2237, . Mon - Sat 9.00am - 10.00pm. Sun 10.30am - 10.00pm. No trip to Musselburgh is complete without a visit to Luca's - as the queues of folk from Edinburgh and further afield every weekend (not just in summer) will attest. Simply delicious ice cream and old-fashioned desserts. edit
- Crolla's Italian Kitchen, The Courtyard, Station Road, Eskmills, Musselburgh, EH21 7PQ, ☎ 0131 273 5240, . Family run Italian restaurant bring a taste of our their home town and province to Musselburgh. edit
- East Coat, 171 - 173 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6AN, ☎ 0131 665 2079 ([email protected]), . Home to both a modern Fish & Chip shop and a fresh new Seafood & Grill restaurant. edit
- Lanna Thai, 32 Bridge Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6AG, ☎ 0131 653 2788 ([email protected]), . Thai restaurant serving traditional Thai dishes. edit
- Gurkha Bar & Restaurant, 96 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6AS, ☎ 0131 653 6281, . Offering great fresh food at affordable prices. edit
- Shish Mahal, 63A High St, Musselburgh, EH21 7BZ, ☎ 0131 665 3121, . Shish Mahal is an Indian Restaurant & Takeaway based Musselburgh serving a wide range of delicious Indian food with online ordering and table booking edit
- Staggs (Volunteer Arms), 81 North High St, Musselburgh, EH21 6JE, ☎ 0131 665 9654, . Long established, Staggs have been providing a fabulous atmosphere in Musselburgh for over 150 years and in the process have won over 10 years of CAMRA awards as Pub of the Year. edit
- The Ravelston House Hotel, 182 North High Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6BH, ☎ +44 (0)131 665 2478 ([email protected]), . Small family run hotel with 7 rooms, all en-suite. Restaurant and bar open to the public and on-site parking available. edit