This district, comprising the suburbs of Kurla, Vidyavihar, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Kanjur Marg, Bhandup, Mulund, and Powai has developed quite a bit in the past few decades. All of them are railway stations on the Central line. Kurla is also an interchange point for the Harbour line. This is a middle-class residential area which is getting more middle-class by the year as factories are being shifted out and being replaced by shopping malls and apartment blocks.
- Train — These suburbs fall on the Central Suburban Line and can be accessed from Kurla, Vidhyavihar, Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, Kanjurmarg, Bhandup, Nahur, and Mulund Station.
- Bus — A number of BEST buses serve this area and there are bus depots at Ghatkopar, Vikhroli, and Mulund.
- Rickshaw — Metered rikshaws can be used to get to and around this area and is the cheapest way to get around if you do not want to use a bus or train.
- Taxis — Metered taxis can be used to get to and around this area and there are also air conditioned taxis, called cool cabs, that can be hired.
- Powai Lake — One of the few things to see in this area is the Powai Lake. It's a man made lake that used to serve as the city's water supply. The lake now serves as a tourist destination though it isn't really that spectacular. Planet Powai, a local community newspaper will give you more details on this suburbs vibrant lifestyle and news on lake.
- Siddhivinayak temple, SK Bole Marg, Prabhadevi, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400028, ☎ 022 2437 3626. Very famous Hindu temple of lord Shri Ganesha, in Prabhadevi mumbai.One can take taxi/bus from Dadar station (west).It is the richest temple in Mumbai.Many big politicians and bollywood stars give frequent visits to this temple. edit
- Marine drive — One of the most beautiful boulevard in the heart of the mumbai.A must visit place in rains.
- Hakone Go Karting, Located in Hiranandani Gardens. One of the few go-karting tracks in Mumbai, also has an artificial rock climbing wall.
- Hakone Mini-Golf, located in Hiranandani Gardens. One of the few Mini Golf courses in Mumbai. Also has a bumper car rink and some other amusement park rides.
- Adlabs Imagica, located near mumbai-pune express highway, Khopoli. One of it's kind international standard amusement park in India.
- R-Mall, located in Mulund. Houses the R-Adlabs Multiplex.
- Nirmal Lifestyle Mall, located in Mulund. It was the largest mall in the Central Suburbs, also houses the PVR multiplex. However most of its stores have shut down now(with the exception of McDonald's and PVR) and it has basically been deserted. The PVR still proves to be really reliable though. Coming up of malls like Viviana mall in Thane and R-City in Ghatkopar led to a sharp decline in its customers thus leading to what it has become today.
- Huma Mall, located in Kanjurmarg. Mostly factory outlet stores, also houses the Huma Adlabs Multiplex.
- Galleria Shopping Centre, located in Hiranandani Gardens.
- Loft, located in Hiranandani Gardens. One of the largest shoe shops in India.
- Culture Shop, located in Hiranandani Gardens. A large selection of curios and other artifacts.
- phoenix market city, kurla, ☎ 022 6180 1011. edit
- R City Mall, Amrut Nagar, Ghatkopar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400086. R city mall, located in Ghatkopar, Mumbai, offers a wide range of options for Shopping, Dining, Entertainment and Life Style products. edit
- Rajdhani, located in Nirmal Lifestyles Mall, Mulund. Branch of the famous Gujrati Thali restaurant in South Mumbai.
- Fine Dine, located in Nirmal Lifestyles Mall, Mulund. Continental Food.
- Parabola, located in the Rodas Hotel, Hiranandani Gardens. A 24 hour coffee shop serving all cuisines with a buffet option.
- Far East, located in the Rodas Hotel, Hiranandani Gardens. A restaurant serving Chinese and Thai cuisine.
- Cafe Mocha, located in Nirmal Lifestyles Mall, Mulund and in Galleria, Hiranandani Gardens. Coffee house that also serves Hookah.
- Saffron Spice, Sentinel, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400 076, ☎ +91-22-2570-3838 (fax: +91-22-2570-3737). An "Indian specialty restaurant" and one of the very few mid-range restaurants in the Powai area. The restaurant has received fairly decent reviews and the food has been appreciated for its variety. But it is extremely crowded during lunch and the staff will encourage you to choose the buffet. The lunch buffet is indifferent and the service is lousy, so you will have your rotis cold. It has a well-stocked bar and offers valet parking, but there is ample parking at all times. Rs. 221 (for the buffet, exclusive of VAT. An a la carte meal without alcohol would probably come to 500 rupees per person all inclusive.). edit
- Pop Tate's, R Mall, Mulund and at Powai. A great place to have beer and chill out with your friends without shelling much out of your pocket. A little something for those in the central suburbs who are too bored to go all the way to the western suburbs.
- Timbuctoo, R Mall, Mulund, has an entrance through the Pop Tates. It is a great place if you wish to spend a nice time with your friends under the bare sky overlooking the city's main road. An air of difference in the central suburbs.
- Meghdoot, Station road, Ghatkopar (w), It is a cosy family restraunt and bar. Famous for Punjabi food and sizzlers.
- Rodas Boutique Hotel, Central Avenue, Hiranandani Gardens, Powai, Mumbai 400076 91 22 5693 6969([email protected], fax: +91 22 5693 6979) .
- The Beatle Hotel, JMJ House, Hiranandani. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!