Mudanjiang (牡丹江; Mǔdanjiāng) is a city in Heilongjiang Province in China.
Mudanjiang is in the southeastern part of Heilongjiang province. The city has a population of around 700,000 and the prefecture a population of around 2.7 million. Mudanjiang consists of the following districts:
- Aimin District (爱民区; Àimínqū)
- Dong'an District (东安区; Dōngānqū)
- Yangming District (阳明区; Yángmíngqū)
- Xi'an District (西安区; Xīānqū)
- Muling City (穆棱市; Mùlíngshì)
- Suifenhe City (绥芬河市; Suífēnhéshì)
- Hailin City (海林市; Hǎilínshì)
- Ning'an City (宁安市; Níngānshì)
- Dongning County (东宁县; Dōngníngxiàn)
- Linkou County (林口县; Línkǒuxiàn)
You can fly into Mudanjiang (IATA: MDG) from Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenyang, Harbin, Guangzhou, Qingdao, Dalian and Yantai.
Trains from Harbin take 4h30 to 6 hours and cost ¥25-75. There are also trains from Dalian (18-19 hours; ¥81-438), Beijing (21 hours; ¥171-516), Rizhao (34 hours; ¥234-706), Manzhouli (20 hours; ¥78-270), Shenyang (12-14 hours; ¥-), Qiqihaer (- hours; ¥-) and Suifenhe (- hours; ¥-).
Note: as of 2018, there are now high speed trains from Harbin to Mudanjiang. On a D-train, the trip takes less than two hours.
From Suihenhe, Harbin. Also from Vladivostok, Ussuriysk, Pogranichniy (Russian Federation). For those coming from Changbaishan in Jilin province, there are daily buses from Changbaishan that pass through Dunhua to Mudanjiang.
- Mirror Lake (; Jingbohu). edit
- Capital of the ancient Bohai Kingdom, Bohai Town. edit
- Bohai Ethnic Village. edit
- Mudan Peak Nature Reserve. edit
- Sandaoguan Forest Park. edit
- Xingkai Lake Scenic Area. edit
- People's Park (人民公园; Rénmín Gōngyuán), The north entrance is on Dongsitiao Road (东四条路/Dōngsìtiáolù). The east entrance is on Huanhu Road (环湖路/ Huánhúlù). The south entrance is on Dongping'an Street (东平安街/Dōngpíng'ānjiē). The west gate exits into an apartment community. If you have some free time in Mudanjiang, the 49 hectares of tree-lined paths, lakes, a zoo and amusement rides at People's Park is a good place to people watch and get a glimpse at urban Chinese culture. Near the north entrance there a several squares where you can watch elderly Chinese dance and amateur performances of traditional Chinese singing, as well as a monument dedicated to the anti-Japanese struggle during the Second World War. Yixin Lake (怡心湖/ Yíxīnhú) occupies the eastern part of the park and during the summer months it is an excellent place to see wetland bird species and water lilies in bloom. Next to the northern corner of Yixin Lake is a small zoo, including deer, zebra, macaques, and an assortment of birds. The zoo is free, but the exhibits can be a bit depressing. Lianxin Lake (连心胡/ Liánxīnhú) is near the north entrance. The west side of Lianxi Lake has been retained as a cattail-filled wetland, while the east side has paddle boats for rent. In the southern half of the park is situated an amusement park with dozens of rides, including a Ferris wheel, haunted house, and numerous child-friendly rides. Tickets cost from 10 to 30 yuan per ride/attraction. Entrance is free. Need to purchase tickets for the amusement park attractions. edit
- Golden Dome International Hotel (牡丹江金鼎国际大酒店), 西安区景福街99号. Listed rates for doubles from ¥518, discounted from ¥350. edit
- Hawaii International Hotel (牡丹江夏威夷国际大酒店), 西安区七星街95号. Listed rates for doubles from ¥518, discounted from ¥350. edit