Mr. Olive is a city in Morris County in the Skylands region of New Jersey. It consists of two sub-regions just south of Route 80 in the western part of the county. Flanders is located around Route 206, and Budd Lake is named for the lake with the same name along Route 46, which leads into Long Valley and Hackettstown in Warren County.
- Ginette’s Deli, 1 Old Wolfe Rd, Budd Lake, NJ 07828, ☎ (862) 254-2154. Tue - Sun, 11 AM - 6 PM. Great place for simple sandwiches. Don't expect anything fancy, but the ingredients are fresh, the sandwiches are big, and the prices are low. edit
- Budd Lake Diner, 100 US Highway 46, Budd Lake, NJ 07828, ☎ (973) 691-9100. 24 hours. A classic New Jersey diner. The owners are a greek family who are always sitting at the booth nearest to the front desk. Usually very friendly, but not afraid to kick you out if your group is too crazy. Can be a fun place to hang out in, depending on what age group you are in (young). The food is not the greatest and it is a bit more expensive than other places, but it is open 24 hours. After 2 am, the bar crowd usually has no place else to go. edit
- Wyndham Garden Hotel (Mt. Olive at International Trade Center), 1000 International Drive , Mount Olive, NJ (Take exit 25, make first right for trade zone/waterloo village. Hotel is on the left at the first light.), ☎ 973-448-1100, . Probably the best hotel in the area. High end, in the International Trade Center. edit
- Comfort Suites, 102 US Highway 46 , Budd Lake, NJ, US, 07828, ☎ Phone: (973) 448-7500 Fax: (973) 448-7501, . edit
- CVS Pharmacy (Open 24 hours), 100 US Highway 46, Budd Lake, NJ 07828., ☎ 973-448-9051, . edit
Route 206 goes north through Andover and Newton to cross the border at Milford, Pennsylvania, and south through Chester, Bridgewater, Princeton, Trenton and points further south than that.
Route 46 is goes east to west almost all the way from New York City to Pennsylvania, intersecting with Interstate 80 at several points along the way.
I-80 goes west into Pennsylvania, and ultimately all the way across the continent. Mt. Olive is a good starting point for hitchhikers looking to go west.