Moorefield is a city in the Potomac Highlands region of West Virginia.
Moorefield is not served by public transportation. No bus, train, or passenger airline service exists. From Winchester (Virginia), take US Route 50 west to Gore (Virginia). At Gore turn left on VA-259. At Wardensville, take WV-55 west. (60 miles) From Cumberland (Maryland) take WV-28 south. After 24 miles, turn right onto US-220 south. (53 miles) From Clarksburg take US-50 east 100 miles, then turn right onto US-220 south. (120 miles)
Morefield is a small town in the Potomac Highlands on the South Branch of the Potomac River. It is the county seat of Hardy County. In 2003 the population of Moorefield was 2,400. There are a couple of good restaurants and places to stay in town, so it makes a reasonable overnight stop in a driving tour of the Potomac Highlands. There is nothing of great interest to the average tourist.
Moorefield has no public transportation. You will need a car to get to most destinations.
Moorefield is located in the scenic Potomac river valley of the Potomac Highlands, in the foothills of the Allegheny mountains. There is a lot of natural beauty.
- Hardy County Heritage Weekend, ☎ (304) 538-8080. Last weekend in September. Walking tours, historic home tours, heritage activities. Free. edit
- South Branch Cinema Six Theatres, (behind WalMart), ☎ (304) 538-8100. Multiplex cinema showing first run movies edit
- Smell that chicken! Moorefield is home to a large poultry processing plant, and much of the town smells like chicken waste 24x7.
- Hike, hunt, fish, canoe on the South Branch
- Wal-Mart Super Center, Route 220 North (North of town), ☎ (304) 538-3490. Everything you need in one place. edit
- Corner Collectibles, Spring Avenue & Rt. 55 (east on Rt 55), ☎ (304) 538-2870. Antique shop edit
- The 1853 Restaurant at Mcmechen House Inn, 109 N Main St, ☎ (304) 530-1853, . Upscale restaurant. Reasonable food. Moderate. edit
- The Harvest Grill Restaurant, North Main Street (north of downtown). Good food. edit
- Richardson's Family Restaurant, 414 South Main Street, ☎ (304) 530-7110, . Basic local restaurant edit
- West-Whitehill Winery, 4484 US 220 South (5 miles south of town on Rt. 220), ☎ (304) 538-2605. Sa&Su 1-5pm. Local winery edit
- Evans Motel, 508 N Main St (In town), ☎ (304) 538-7771. Basic cheap motel edit
- Mc-Mechen House Inn, 109 North Main Street (In town), ☎ (304) 530-1853. Bed & Breakfast edit
- South Branch Inn, 1500 US Highway 220 N (North of town), ☎ (304) 538-2033. Relatively new hotel. edit
Hardy County has a tourism web site with an email contact link for more information. 
- Nearby Wardensville has a couple of interesting restaurants
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!