Westmount is a very affluent anglophone community on the island of Montreal, just west of Downtown. Further west is Notre-Dame-de-Grâce (commonly abbreviated NDG), a working-to-middle class district that is also mostly anglophone, and in the process of gentrification.
Upper Westmount has a huge array of expensive estates and interesting modern architecture that's worth seeing if you are in the area.
- Concordia University - Loyola Campus, 7141 rue Sherbrooke ouest (between ave Belmore and rue West Broadway; bus 105 or 162, AMT Montreal-Ouest). Concordia's western campus dating from 1916, which started out as Loyola College before merging with Sir George Williams University in 1974 to form Concordia University. edit
- Westmount Square, rue Sainte-Catherine ouest at ave Wood (metro Atwater, bus 63 or 90). A four building complex composed of black metal and glass, built in 1967 and designed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. (45.487256,-73.587728) edit
Swimming at the Westmount sports centre.
Walking in Westmount park
Botanical greenhouse next to library
- Maison de la culture Notre-Dame-de-Grâce, 3755 rue Botrel (at ch Cote-Saint-Antoine; metro Villa-Maria, bus 17, 24, 63, 102, or 138), ☎ +1 514 872-2157, . Tu-W 1PM-7PM, Th-F 1PM-6PM, Sa-Su 1PM-5PM. edit
Westmount, given its upscale nature, has a large selection of boutiques to frequent.
- Chez Nick, 1377 ave Greene (at rue Sherbrooke; metro Atwater, bus 24, 104, or 138), ☎ +1 514 935-0946, . M-F 7AM-8PM, Sa 7AM-7PM, Su 8AM-6PM. A Montreal institution since 1920. Stop by for a hamburger, chili, or tuna melt. edit
- Bistro on the Avenue, 1362 ave Greene (between rue Sherbrooke and boul de Maisonneuve; metro Atwater, bus 24, 104, or 138), ☎ +1 514 939-6451, . Su-Tu 11:30AM-10PM, W-Sa 11:30AM-10:30PM. edit
- La Louisiane, 5850 rue Sherbrooke ouest (at ave Regent; bus 105 or 138), ☎ +1 514 369-3073, . Su,Tu-Th 5:30PM-10:30PM, F-Sa 5:30PM-11PM. Cajun and creole cuisine. edit
- Ristorante Maestro, 6136 ch de la Côte-Saint-Luc (between ave Beaconsfield and ave Hingston; bus 51, 66, or 103), ☎ +1 514 271-6700. Kosher. edit
- Yakimono Sushi Bar, 4210 boul Décarie (at ave Brodeur; metro Villa-Maria, bus 24, 103, or 162), ☎ +1 514 484-1515, . M-Th noon-3PM and 5PM-11PM, Sa 1 hr after Shabbat-1:30AM. Kosher sushi restaurant. edit
Westmount is conspicuously lacking in bars, due to the community's suburban orientation. The streets are quiet at night.
- Le Nextdoor
- Liquid Lounge
- Typhoon Lounge, 5752 ave de Monkland (at ave Wilson; metro Villa-Maria, bus 103 or 162), ☎ +1 514 482-4448, . M-Sa 4PM-3AM, Su noon-3AM. edit