Montreal : Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie
Rosemont—La Petite-Patrie is an area of Montreal north of the Plateau.
Jean-Talon metro is the transfer station for the Blue and Orange line. Beaubien is one stop South on the Orange line and De Castelnau is one stop West on the Blue line.
The St-Laurent bus runs from St-Laurent metro station, on the Green line, through the Plateau to De Castelnau.
Little Italy and Marché Jean-Talon are easily covered by foot, but you may prefer to catch the Jean-Talon bus or hop on the metro if you're exploring the edges of the district. Taxis can be a little harder to find than downtown but are still available on the street.
- La Maison d’Italie. edit
- Dante Park. Small park popular for its Bocce court. edit
- Church of the Madonna della Difesa, 6800 avenue Henri-Julien (Jean-Talon or Beaubien metro stations), . 1900s Romanesque church built to commemorate apparition of the Madonna in La Difesa, in Campobasso, Molise. Frescos by Guido Nincheri. edit
- Plaza St. Hubert, rue Saint-Hubert between rue Beaubien est and rue Jean-Talon est (Beaubien or Jean Talon metro). Several blocks of discount clothing and household items with a scattering of fast food restaurants and cafes. A good place to find bargains, the specialty is bridal gowns and formal wear. edit
- Bombay Mahal, 1001 rue Jean-Talon ouest (metro L'Acadie). Excellent dirt-cheap Indian cuisine.
- Pushap, 5195 rue Paré (metro Namur), 514-737-4527. Great vegetarian Punjabi food. The thali plate makes a big dinner for about $5. Be sure to try some of their excellent desserts — they double as a take-out sweet shop.
- Ristorante Lucca, 12 rue Dante, ☎ 514 278 6502. edit
- Pasticceria Alati-Caserta, 277 rue Dante, ☎ 514 271-3013. Mon 10AM-5PM, Tue-Fri 8AM-8PM, Sat-Sun 8AM-6PM. Famous for over 40 years of Italian deserts and pastries. $2-$10, cash only. edit
- Le Marché des Saveurs, located near the southeast corner of the market, features Produits du terroir (local Quebec products).
- Fromagerie Hamel, on the north side, has a terrific selection of cheeses and a small bistro with salads, sandwiches, and daily specials (all featuring cheese of course!)
- Havre aux Glaces, 7070, rue Henri-Julien. Gelato edit
- Whisky Cafe, 5800 boulevard Saint-Laurent, ☎ 514 278 2646. Featuring not just whiskeys but also an extensive wine and port list. Whiskey Cafe is adjacent to one of the few Cigar Lounges in Montreal. edit
- Vices & Versa Bistro Du Terroir Inc, 6631 boulevard Saint-Laurent, ☎ 514 272 2498. Bistro on the edge of Little Italy featuring Quebec cuisine and home-made beer from small microbreweries. edit
- Brasserie De Nos Aieux, 901 rue Bélanger, ☎ 514 274-9765. edit
Accommodations are slim in this mostly residential area.
- À la Carte B&B, 5477, 10e Avenue (buses 47 or 67), ☎ +1 514 593-4005 ([email protected]), . Stylish Bed and Breakfast in residential neighborhood. suite $110 - studio $145. edit
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!