Monroe  is a city in Louisiana.
American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and United Airlines serve the Monroe Regional Airport (IATA: MLU)  east of the city. The airport is located on the east outskirts of Monroe and north of the Pecanland Mall. Service included multiple daily flights to: Houston, Texas; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; and Atlanta, Georgia.
The Monroe Transit System  has scheduled bus service to the airport every 45 minutes, Monday to Saturday between 6:20 A.M. and 6:40 P.M. Transfers occur at the downtown terminal.
There are also multiple car rental companies available  to choose from that can be requested before or at arrival.
Monroe is located on Interstate 20, about 100 miles east of Shreveport and 75 miles west of Vicksburg.
For far distance trips, Greyhoundoffers bus services to Monroe and is located in downtown Monroe within walking distance from Monroe Transit.
The Monroe Transit System  offer 10 routes throughout Monroe.
Ride-sharing by both Lyft and Uber are available in Monroe.
Taxi Services  available in the Monroe Metro region are available.
- Biedenharn Museum & Gardens, 2006 Riverside Drive, ☎ 318-387-5281, . The home of the first Coca-Cola bottler. His home was built in 1941 and features antiquities, a Coke Museum, Bible Museum, and the ELSong Gardens. edit
- Chennault Aviation and Military Museum, 701 Kansas Lane, ☎ 318-362-5540, . This museum features Louisiana's important role to aviation and military history, spanning from WWI to Iraqi Freedom. edit
- Masur Museum of Art, 1400 South Grand Street, ☎ 318-329-2237, . One of the largest collections of visual art in Northeast Louisiana. Offers many education programs for both children and adults. The Masur Home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. edit
- Pecanland Mall  Located near Monroe Regional Airport, and anchored by Belk, Burlington Coat Factory, Dillard's, JCPenney, Sears, and a 10-screen movie theatre.
- Sage, 1301 N 19th St, ☎ 318-410-9400. Decently-priced, tasty meals, with a good wine selection and salad bar. edit
- Vieux Carre' Gourmet, 1623 N 18th St, . Gourmet wines, cheeses, bread, fish and steaks. This place looks like a store from outside but has a dining area in back with excellent service and food. This is something really different in Monroe and a good place to stock up on special treats. edit
- Comfort Suites Monroe, 1401 Martin Luther King Dr, ☎ 318-410-1005 (fax: 318-410-0145), . edit
- The Atrium (The Brandy House), 2001 Louisville Ave, ☎ 318-326-0641, . Beautiful rooms, particularly the suites. Nice bar. The gym is not currently functional at time of post. edit
- Americas Best Value Inn, 310 Thomas Road (I-20 at Exit 114 North Thomas Rd), ☎ 318-325-5780, . checkin: 2:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Air Conditioning, Restaurants Nearby, Smoking and Non-Smoking Rooms, Limited Pets, Outdoor Pool, Cable TV, Free Fax/Copy Service, Truck and Bus Park, Internet Access,Free Breakfast, microwaves and refrigerators, hair dryers, in-room coffee in all rooms edit