Modesto is in California's San Joaquin Valley.
- Modesto City–County Airport (IATA: MOD), 617 Airport Way, Modesto. Off of Mitchell Road near the Yosemite intersection, ☎ +1 209 577-5200 ([email protected]), . Served by United Express from San Francisco.
- Amtrak, 1700 Held Drive, ☎ +1 800 872-7245, . Modesto is serviced several times a day by the San Joaquin line, which runs south to Bakersfield and north to either Sacramento or the Bay Area. edit
- Greyhound, 1001 9th St. Ste. C, ☎ +1 209-526-4314, . Station hours M-Su 9AM-1PM, 2:30PM-9PM. edit
Modesto is on California State Route 99, the major north-south arterial between Sacramento and Bakersfield.
- MoBand. Annual 6-week summer free concert series on Thursdays featuring local volunteer musicians (99th season in 2018). Runs from June to Early July, at the Mancini Bowl (with picnicking all around) in Graceada Park.
- Performance at Gallo Center for the Arts. World-class venue features a very wide variety of acts (from R-rated comedy, to chinese acrobats, to mariachi bands, to off-broadway touring productions, to big name concerts, to the local symphony orchestra, to local ballet company).
- Modesto Nuts. When in Modesto during the summer time, the local minor league baseball team plays at beautiful John Thurman Field. Once called the Modesto A's (a minor league affiliate of the Oakland Athletics), the team is now called the Modesto Nuts and are just as exciting as when Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco and Miguel Tejada played for them. Check out the official Modesto Nuts  website for schedules, rosters, and upcoming events.
- Lucas Plaza Statue, (Intersection of Downey, 17th Street, McHenry Avenue, J Street and Needham Avenue). This bronze statue features two 1960s teens leaning on a car. It is a tribute to George Lucas, who grew up in Modesto. edit
- Sunshine Rafting Adventures, 17500 Sonora Road, ☎ 2098484800, . 7AM-8PM. Offering low cost float trips on the Stanislaus River out of Knights Ferry, CA for over 25 years. $17+. edit
- Modesto on Ice wintertime ice rink set up in the center plaza parking lot downtown (corner of K and 11th).
- MB2 Raceway features indoor electric go-kart racing.
- Modesto Certified Farmers Market, 16th St between H and I (downtown), . May-Dec. Live music and a wide variety of vendors is worth the trip. edit
- 3rd Thursday Art Walk Features local artists and galleries every month of the year.
- The Velvet Grill and Creamery has one of the best breakfast specials Modesto has to offer. Their specialty is their French toast, which is made from fresh baked bread that is deep fried and served with a homemade cinnamon butter.
- The Old Mill restaurant and grill on 9th Street is local favorite for breakfast. Biscuits and gravy...YUM!!!!
- The Waffle Shop on Coffee features breakfast staples and very fast service.
- Preservation Coffee House: Local Hipster Coffee shop downtown.
- Deva's Cafe: Local coffee and pastries, with some heartier fare from the kitchen.
- Queen Bean: Local coffee and tea shop in a converted house, featuring open mic nights in the converted backyard.
- El Rosal - Mexican Food. Voted the best Mexican burrito in the Modesto Bee several years running.
- La Morenita, 3500 Coffee Rd. (Corner of Coffee and Sylvan), ☎ 209-522-5546. Great Mexican food, friendly staff and family friendly. $$. edit
- Brighter Side - Long time downtown sandwich shop featuring a garden patio.
- Tokyo Express - Small Japanese Joint along J street.
- Noah's Hof Brau - Counter-serve Half-chinese, Half German Hof Brau, featuring generous portions and killer BBQ Pork.
- El Compadre - Located in Roseburg Square, Overall best Mexican food in the area. Best Carnitas in the area. Also has two other locations named Dos Compadres and Mis Compadres.
- Commonwealth - Cozy place for Craft beer and hot sandwiches. Easily the best beer selection in the area, and the house potato chips are very good.
- Churchkey - Features pizza, burgers, and tater tots, along with a wide variety of craft beers, and house made mixers for a full cocktail menu.
- Dewz - Upscale restaurant good for special occasions.
- Raw - Excellent moderately priced Sushi Bistro with a good cocktail list.
- Concetta - Modesto's only Tapas place, with excellent food and sangria.
- La Parilla - Elevated Mexican food, with $2.50 Margarita Happy Hour Specials.
Dessert & Drinks
- Tresetti's Perfect place for an after show dessert and glass of port.
- Che'root Modesto's Cigar Lounge, great as a last stop after a downtown adventure.
- Camp 4 Wine Bar Features wines from all over and their signature Chocolate Panini.
- Churchkey: Mexican-inspired brunch items on Sundays.
- Commonwealth: Traditional with a twist brunch items on Saturday and Sundays.
- P. Wexfords Irish Pub featuring live music and Jameson on Tap.
- Rivets American fare featuring a very good whisk(e)y selection and 20 taps.
- Boardroom Features live music and mixed drinks. (Bartenders are better at Vodka drinks than whiskey drinks here).
- Doubletree Hotel Downtown hotel near all of the local downtown points of interest.
- Best Western Town House Lodge, 909 16th Street, ☎ +1 209 524-7261 (fax: +1 209 579-9546), . edit
- Courtyard Modesto, 1720 Sisk Road, ☎ +1 209 577-3825 (fax: +1 209 577-1717), . edit
- Days Inn, 1312 McHenry Avenue, ☎ 209-527-1010, . edit
- Holiday Inn Express, 4100 Salida Blvd, ☎ +1 209 543-9000, . edit
- Motel 6, 1920 West Orangeburg Avenue, ☎ +1 209 522-7271 (fax: +1 209 578-0188), . edit
- SpringHill Suites Modesto, 1901 W Orangeburg Ave, ☎ +1 209 526-2157 (fax: +1 209 526-2155), . edit
- Super 8 Motel Modesto, 4100 Salida Blvd. Hwy 99 At Pelandale, ☎ (209) 543-9000, . Mission-style architecture and a central location puts you in the heart of San Joaquin Valley businesses, attractions and outdoor recreation.> edit
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Modesto, 4300 Bangs Avenue Modesto, CA 95356, ☎ 209-543-9009, . Vacation at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Modesto, California, an exciting city in Stanislaus County, and enjoy an exceptional hotel with spacious suites and value travel packages.> edit
- Days Inn Modesto, 1312 McHenry Ave, Modesto, California 95350 US, ☎ 800-843-6633, . Located near Yosemite National Park and many other northern California attractions. Book a room today! edit
- Howard Johnson Express Inn Modesto Ceres, 1672 Herndon road (From 99, Exit Hatch, turn east, right on Herndon Rd. Hotel on left), ☎ 209-537-4821, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11AM. Located 2 miles south of Downtown Modesto. Near Yosemite National Park, Gallo, Winco Foods, Con Agra, Frito Lay company. Has free internet, breakfast, and nationwide calls. 8 Feet deep swimming pool for your fun. edit
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Modesto Salida, 4909 SIsk Rd, Salida, CA 95368 (From Hwy 99, Exit Kiernan Rd, turn East. Hotel on right), ☎ 209-579-8724, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 12PM. Located 5 miles south of Downtown Modesto. Near Yosemite National Park, Blue Diamond, Gallo, Winco Foods, Con Agra, Frito Lay company. Has free internet, hot breakfast, and nationwide calls. Swimming pool, business center, and fitness room and coin laundry are on site. edit
- Microtel Inn & Suites Modesto Ceres Turlock, 1760 Herndon Rd (From 99, Exit Hatch, turn east, right on Herndon Rd. Hotel on left), ☎ 209-538-6466, . checkin: 2PM; checkout: 11PM. Located 2 miles south of Downtown Modesto. Near Yosemite National Park, Gallo, Winco Foods, Con Agra, Frito Lay company. Has free internet, breakfast, and nationwide calls. Swimming pool, business center, and fitness room and coin laundry are on site. $69. edit
- Vagabond Inn Modesto, 1525 McHenry Avenue, Modesto, CA 95350, ☎ 209-521-6340, . checkin: 2:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. Vagabond Inn Modesto offers a restaurant on the premises (Denny's), pet friendly rooms, complimentary continental breakfast, free healthclub privileges, meeting room, cable TV, free WiFi, and other services. (37.666351,-120.994908) edit