YOU CAN EDIT THIS PAGE! Just click any blue "Edit" link and start writing!
Mission is a town and government district in the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia. It was founded in 1892 in the land of the Stó:lō First Nations people. It is home to early BC railroad links and hydroelectric power, and a Benedictine monastery on a hilltop with stunning views.
- Power House at Stave Falls, 31338 Dewdney Trunk Road, ☎ +1-604-462-1222 (fax: +1-604-462-8988), . Mar 15 - Oct 31: 10AM - 5PM; winter season by appointment. A preserved 1912-vintage hydoelectric power station, and other family-oriented exhibits on electric power and history. Set in a period building at the foot of Stave Lake. Hydroelectric power is a major factor in BC's economy, and this plant and its local outposts generat 205MW. $6, youth and seniors $5. edit
- Xa:ytem Longhouse Interpretive Centre, 35087 Lougheed Highway, ☎ +1-604-820-9725 (fax: +1-604-820-9735), . M-Sa 9AM - 4:30PM. Learn about Sto:lo spirituality, archaeology and history. edit
- Westminster Abbey, 34224 Dewdney Trunk Road, ☎ +1-604-826-8975 ([email protected], fax: +1-604-826-8725), . Su 2PM-4PM, Weekdays 1:30PM-4PM. Part of the Seminary of Christ the King, Westminster Abbey is perched 180m above the Fraser River. Bells ring 15 minutes before the 10:00 Sunday mass. On a clear day the view stretches for miles to the east, south, and west. Benedictine monks run a monastery, seminary, college, and high school here. Tourist visits to the Abbey Church are welcomed at times given. Please do not wear shorts, hats or other inappropriate garments while on the grounds out of respect for the monks, seminarians and other Catholic visitors. Picnics, dogs, wedding photos are also forbidden on the Abbey grounds. Those who feel a calling to the Consecrated Life or Priesthood can join one of the retreats there a few weekends a year, or contact the Abbey itself. Free. edit
- Fraser River Safari, 7057 Mershon Street Mission BC V2V 2Y6 (On Harbour Ave on the Waterfront), ☎ 1-604-826-7361, . Year round river exploration. Jet boat tours of the Mighty Fraser, fully interpreted highlighting the incredible natural, cultural and historical values of the area. Designed for individuals or groups of any size. Available 7 days a week upon demand. Call to book your adventure. edit
- Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival (Third weekend of each November), Various locations in the valley, ☎ 604-826-6914, . The Fraser Valley has some of the most incredible wildlife viewing opportunities in beautiful B.C. One highlight is the third largest gathering of bald eagles in North America. The festival celebrates the return of the eagles and consists of many sites from a green expo,boat tours,to nature walks. Visit the website to learn more. edit
- Mission Springs Pub. This local pub offers the typical North American pub fare, including nachos, hamburgers and chicken wings. They have a selection of beers brewed on site, as well as craft their own root beer. edit
- Sushi Te. A local Japanese sushi restaurant. edit