Miri  is a small city in northern Sarawak on the Malaysian island of Borneo. It has a population of about 300,000.
Malaysia's first oil well, the Grand Old Lady on top of the Canada Hills, was drilled here in 1910, and petroleum has continued to drive the city's economy and development ever since. Sarawak Shell Berhad and Petronas Carigali are headquartered here. As a result, Miri has a cosmopolitan whiff as it hosts expatriates from all over the world. These expats work in many of the multinational oil and gas giants that are headquartered in Miri.
Visitors stop for transit here to change planes heading onward to Gunung Mulu National Park or the famous Kelabit Highlands.
Miri boasts a diversified population, which consists of Chinese, Malay, Kedayan, Iban, Bidayuh, Melanau, Kelabit, Lun Bawang, Punjabis and many other ethnic groups. International students from a foreign university campus based here and expatriates from international corporations add much spice to Miri as well.
Almost all locals speak a tiny smattering of English, along with Mandarin. The main language is the Bahasa Sarawak which is a local Sarawakian language; it is similiar to Malay but with local slang. Most locals can also understand Iban and other tribal languages.
The people are quite helpful when it comes to direction or any help needed. A visitor's information centre located near the public bus stand is available for any further enquiries.
Miri was awarded a city status on 20th May 2005.
Miri International Airport (MYY), which moved to a sparkling new facility in 2005, is a significant hub for central Borneo. From Peninsular Malaysia there are frequent flights from Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bahru on Malaysia Airlines  and AirAsia . The airport is also connected to all major destinations in Malaysian Borneo, including Kuching and Kota Kinabalu. There are also international flights to Singapore from Miri. The following information is correct as of November 2014.
- To/From Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia Airlines flies six times daily (except Sundays) between Kuala Lumpur and Miri, with one stopping over at Kuching; Malaysia Airlines operates five flights between Kuala Lumpur and Miri on Sundays, with one stopping over at Kuching. AirAsia also flies direct non-stop four times daily.
- To/From Johor Bahru: AirAsia flies on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- To/From Penang: AirAsia flies on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- To/From Kuching: Malaysia Airlines flies four flights daily, except on Saturdays, where it serves three flights. AirAsia flies two to three times daily.
- To/From Kota Kinabalu: AirAsia has one to two flights daily. MASWings flies several times daily between Kota Kinabalu via Labuan. It also serves several direct flights daily.
- To/From Singapore: Malaysia Airlines operates daily flights between Singapore and Miri via Kuching. On the other hand, AirAsia flies direct on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
MASWings , which took over operations of the rural air service from FlyAsian Express on October 1, 2007, operates a web of flights to remote destinations in the interior, most notably Gunung Mulu National Park and Bario in the Kelabit Highlands. MASWings also links Miri with Limbang, Lawas and Labuan which will enable you to by-pass expensive Brunei. Flights are operated by either ATR72s or DHC-6s. Go to their website to book flights on-line and check schedules.
The bus terminal at Pujut corner is about 5 kilometers from city center. To get there, take any local bus (the local bus terminal down town is at the visitor center) that stops at Miri Boulevard Commercial Center or the bus terminal. From there it is about a 5 min walk to the bus terminal. Bus no 33A goes directly to and from the Bus station, however, it only leaves about once an hour and is not very punctual. In February 2017, the bus left the Miri bus station in town at 6am, 6.45am, 8am, 9.15am, 10.30am, 12.30am, 15.15am and 17.15am. The Pujut bus station is the last stop.
- To/From other Sarawak cities: Numerous bus companies such as Biaramas, Suria Bus Express and Borneo Highway Express link Miri with other Sarawak cities such as Kuching, Sibu and Bintulu. Most express buses depart from the Express Bus Terminal.
- To/From Brunei: As of late 2016, there are two direct services between Bandar Seri Begawan and Miri. PHLS Express operates a dedicated BSB-Miri service, leaving BSB at 7:00AM and 1:00PM. Fare is B$20 BSB to Miri, tickets can be bought at the bus or at Borneoguide Tours. The bus leaves in BSB from waterfront, one block south from the city bus terminal. From Miri, the bus leave 8:15 and 15:45 from express bus terminal. The other service is EVA Express, with buses from BSB to Kuching etc, which pass through Miri.
- To/From Kota Kinabalu, Sabah: Bintang Jaya Express opened a new route from Miri to Kota Kinabalu (KK) and return in November 2008. The route originates from Pontianak in Indonesia to Kuching, Miri, Limbang, Lawas ending in KK Wawasan Bus Terminal. Bus departs Miri at 8.00AM on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The journey takes approximately 10 hours without changing buses. From KK the bus departs at 7.30AM on Tuesdays, Thursday and Saturdays.
- To/From Niah Caves: Bas Suria departs from the Miri Express Bus Terminal to Batu Niah town regularly. The journey takes about two hours. From Batu Niah, you can either take a speedboat, taxi or walk to the Niah National Park headquarters at Pengkalan Batu. It is much easier to get from Niah National Park to Miri. Ask for a taxi at the headquarters, it should take you to the nearest bus stop at Simpang Ngu junction. From there a bus goes back to the Miri Express Bus Terminal. Costs: One way it is about RM 20.
To take a local bus from the Miri Express Bus Terminal into town, head to the back of the terminal. There is a market there that sells fresh produces. Exit the terminal and go straight through the market. You will then see a few BBQ stalls. Take the footpath from behind these stalls to the Petronas Petrol Station (ask if in doubt). After a three-minute-walk through the woods you will end up at the main road next to the petrol station. Turn left towards the pedestrian crossing bridge. The bus stop is directly behind the bridge, in front of a large church. Most buses from there go into town. The fare is RM 1 to the city centre.
Go to Miri  to seek or share information on how to get around in this wonderful city.
Bus services are available from early to around 6.30pm. Local buses in Miri are available but heavily unreliable, compared to 20 years ago when every part of the city is accessible by bus. Fare depends on distance. Some remaining routes are:
- Route 1. Goes to Kuala Baram.
- Route 20+52. Goes to Boulevard Shopping Complex and the hospital.
- Route 33. Goes to the old bus station. Route 33A extends to the hospital.
- Route 37. Goes to Pujut 1-3. Passes through the village where the native Mirians (Jatti Meirek) live.
- Route 62. Goes to Bandar Baru Permyjaya. Passes through large supermarkets and residential areas.
- Route 66. Goes to Senadin. If you intend to go to Curtin University, this is the bus.
- Route 68. Goes to Tudan. Passes through large supermarkets ,residential areas,Poliklinik Komuniti Tudan,SK Tudan,St. Anthony Of Padua's Chapel,Gereja Methodist Tudan,Tadika Perpaduan Tudan and Taska Permata Kemas Kpg Tudan Phase 5.
24-hour taxi service is also available and can be reached at +6085432277. Fare surcharge applies after 12AM.
Uber and Grab services are now available in Miri. You may hail a car if you have the app. The fare is stated when you order via the app and it is fixed.
There are also some "prebet" (private) cars available around the bus stand near UTC. While not advisable, the only good thing is you can negotiate the fare with the driver.
- Grand Old Lady and the Petroleum Museum. On top of Canada Hill. More prosaically Miri's No. 1 Oil Well , this was Shell's first oil well (the company's, that is, not just in Malaysia) and has now been declared a national monument. The museum is closed on mondays.
- Taman Selera . One of the most visited beaches in Miri. A great place to go to on a Sunday afternoon for picnics, as well as a place for families and friends to have fun.
- Tamu Muhibah. A market where fresh and exotic fruits, vegetables and local foodstuff are available.
- Esplanade Beach. Local's favourite beach front located at Luak Bay. Miri's beaches are nothing to shout about, but if you really want to go to the beach, this would be your best bet. edit
- San Ching Tian Temple. Largest Taoist temple in South East Asia. edit
- Lambir National Park, Enjoy the wonders of nature and take a hike in the park. Enjoy the scenery of the waterfall.
- Canada Hill, Go for an extreme hike on the jungle treks of Canada Hill. Every evening a group of trekkers or anyone else would go there for hike. It's a test of endurance but yet a healthy activity since you will be burning a lot of calories for that. However, slopes can get slippery during the rainy season, so always be careful and be prepared.
- COCO Dive (PADI), Lot 2117, Block 9, Miri Pujut Road (Next door to Dynasty Hotel), ☎ +6 085 417053, . 24hrs. COCO Dive is Miri's PADI Dive Resort. New gear, boat, and guesthouse. Dive shop and Cafe are all on the bottom floor. They also do tours through Minda Travel to popular destinations. COCO will pick you up from your hotel. edit
- HOOPA Diving (PADI), Lot 3, Block 12, Ground Floor, Taman Selera (Near Marriot Hotel), ☎ +6 013 573 8880 ([email protected]), . Open 8 to late. HOOPA Diving is Miri's newest PADI Dive Centre. With new rental gear, two boats, and instructors willing to teach and guide, HOOPA will show you the best of local diving in Miri. They also host live-on-board trips to local sites as well as Luconia Shoals. Dive shop and Cafe are located on the bottom floor. HOOPA will pick you up from your hotel. edit
- Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club, Lot 1379, Block 17, Jalan Miri By Pass, 98000 Miri, Sarawak, ☎ +6 (085) 421010, . Latest Golf attraction in Sarawak. TeeTimes Malaysia's Top 10 Golf Courses. edit
There are three major shopping malls to shop around in Miri City, During the weekends Bruneians and Sarawakians from Bintulu, Bekenu, Niah would come down for Shopping.
- Boulevard Shopping Complex, Lot 2528, Jalan Boulevard Utama, Boulevard Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri Sarawak, Malaysia. Tel: +6085432999 Fax: +6085422999.
- The Imperial Mall, Jalan Pos, 98000 Miri Sarawak, Malaysia Tel: +6085431133 Fax:+6085431122. Specially the big Parkson department store in this mall is a great shopping place for branded clothing and accessories at great prices.
- Bintang Megamall, Jalan Miri-Pujut MCLD, 98000, Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia. Tel: +60 85-438 877. One of the shopping centres in Miri that have expanded over time, has easy access to taxi ramps, also right beside a luxury business hotel known as Meritz Hotel.
- Miri Heritage Centre, a place where you get a memorable souvenir of a local made handicrafts.
Eateries in Miri meet a variety of budgets. KFC, McDonald's and Pizza Hut are available here to suit the modern taste of the locals and large expat population. The local alternative to KFC, Sugar Bun is also available, serving unique Malaysian dishes and also the classic 'Broasted' chicken with savoury rice.
- Restoran Al-Asna Serving Indian Muslim dishes. Great biryani, curries and also rotis and parathas. A lot of branches available throughout Miri.
- Saberkas Night Market 5 mins walking from Boulevard. Open Thu, Fri & Sat. A lot of affordable street food fare. The price is very cheap, hardly over RM10. Skewers from RM1, drinks for RM2. Try the local cakes- an old woman selling traditional snacks beside the stir-fry seafood stall.
- 883 Steamboat A Korean-style buffet steamboat and grill. Located besides the Court Complex (Kompleks Mahkamah Miri, near the main post office). RM 28 per person, all you can eat. Reservation is recommended because the place is usually packed. If you can, come 9pm onwards where they reduce the price to RM 23 per person. Open from 5pm till midnight.
- Cafenika & Catering, 437 G Jln Bendahara 98000 Miri (Located very near to Mega Hotel, next to the Dr Aziz Dental building.), ☎ 608-5424600. Serves local Halal Malaysian dishes, and various types of Western cuisine. Must try: Chicken Chop, Nasi Briyani, Nasi Lemak, Mee Kolok. They also provide catering services for weddings and other occasions. edit
- Chinese Hawker Center - Located in the hub of the city center next to the Chinese wet market. You can get the best local food here day and night. For breakfast, the milk tea is the best, particularly at some stalls. The curry rice, fried rice noodles, dried noodles and laksa (spicy rice noodles) are dishes that you should not miss. Moreover, at night, the porridge and dried noodles with steamed chicken are the must-eat.
- Chen Kee Hainan Chicken Rice- Miri famous Chinese dishes, traditional steamed Chicken rice, located at krokop 10, Tokyo Restaurant. It's delicious, Fresh, Cheap.
- Jalan Murai - A small street with very good local street restaurants. Local people come here to have dinner. People are permanently coming and going. It is hard to find a English-speaking waiter/waitress, but they have a English menu. Food is outstanding delicious; serves typical local food, fresh, big portions; food and drinks for two people: between RM 15 to 20.
- Siamese Secrets - Serves Western, Chinese, Thai, Mexican, and local cuisines. Portions are huge.
- Double Star - Serves Chinese, Western, Local and fusion cuisines.
- Cafe Miri - Serves Western food and is undoubtedly Miri's most famous place for quality Western food.
- 2020 Cafe - This restaurant is always packed on Sunday mornings. Famous for their dim sum. Be sure to get there extra early to secure a seat.
- Ming Cafe - Good Indian, Malaysian, Chinese and sea food. Serves Tiger Beer which is quite expensive at local prices but served cold in an ice cold glass. Good service. Try Laksa in Ming Cafe which is very delicious and is comparable to the Laksa in Kuching. Also highly reccomended is the Roti!
- Naga Liar - Serves a local Malaysian delicacy, Nasi Lemak together other local favourites as well
- Halo Cafe, 751-752 Jalan Merpati (opposite imperial mall), ☎ 085-417417, . serve eastern & western cuisine. drinks include mocktails, beers, shakes and pure Borneo Coffee (only place in town). Every night from 8.30PM will have local performers singing on stage, taking song dedication. Many functions throughout the year. RM10.00. edit
- Fratini's - Serves Italian food and is located near the Boulevard Shopping Complex.
- Pete's Deli - A cozy Australian-styled deli with authentic Western food. Their oxtail stew, lamb shank and pies are bestsellers. Located opposite SMK Chung Hua.
- Marina Bay Seafood Restaurant - A new restaurant with intricate architecture and an amazing view of the sea. Pick your seafood fresh from the tanks. Open for lunch and dinner. Located at the Marina Bay, next to an gigantic, iconic seahorse statue. [CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION]
- Sun City - Good selection of food and drink, indoor and outdoor seating, nice furnishings and great outdoor feel but fully covered with canvas with hugh fans.
- Burger Lah Cafe- Near Zurich Insurance. Large burgers and fries. Try the Challenge- 4 burgers, a kilogram of fries and some steak- finish all of it within an hour. If succeed, everything is free; if not, pay RM60.
- Shiki Japanese Restaurant, Boulevard Commercial Centre (Just Opposite the Boulevard Mall), ☎ +6084-422323. The place where you can get the most authentic Japanese Cuisine, at the most affordable price and great atmosphere. Call today for reservations. edit
- Kent's Garden - A bistro area for great ambience to dine and drink. Located at Lutong Baru.
- Madli's Restaurant (Madli Satay Corner), Jln Merpati, Miri (Opposite Imperial Mall), ☎ 085-426615, . 8am - Midnight. Halal restaurant serving the best in Malaysian and Sarawakian food along with other favourites from around the world. Friendly staff speak many languages. Good. (4.40013996,113.98974515) edit
- PP cafe (Lot 568 ( behind 2020cafe) Pelita commercial centre 98000, 98000 Miri, Sarawak), , 98000 Miri, Sarawak, ☎ 0109643643, . 9:00 am - 9:30 pm. PP cafe have opened for 9 years. The chef have more than 25 years of cooking experience of Chinese food, Western food, Italian food and malaysia local food. Jakim-approved Halal cafe. Rm 5-Rm 15. edit
Tourists are encouraged to try the Sarawakian authentic rice wine known as 'tuak'. 'Tuak' is usually served during festive seasons, especially during Gawai (the Harvest Festival celebrated by the Ibans). Apart from that, if one is looking for a place for drinks and some entertainment, there are few places to go. Local places do not serve alcohol, tourist pubs and bars do.
Beer and other alcohol in retail is hard to find but there should be some bottleshops around town. A special small bottleshop is inside the foodstore in Imperial mall (back corner) Prices are quite high due to taxes. Most upscale and hectic bars are located in Pelita Commercial Centre near Servay Supermarket.
- Starbucks A lot of locations in Miri, with a drive-thru outlet in Marina Bay.
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Available in Bintang Plaza, Shell Building in Lutong, and the departure hall of the airport.
- Club Infinity Miri (Club Infinity Karaoke), Lot 2463-2467, Ground Floor, Boulevard Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri Sarawak (Opposite Boulevard Mall and Institut Memandu Miri), ☎ +6085439663, . 6PM-2AM. A luxury high end karaoke cum pub in the centre of the Oil Town (www.clubinfinity.com.my) edit
- Passion Corner, 856,Jalan Permaisuri (opposite jackson's motor), ☎ 085-423213. nice environment, chinese style, place for relaxing and gathering.. edit
- Chique. edit
- Coco Cafe (Coco House/Dive), Lot 2117, Block 9, Miri - Pujut Road (Next to Dynasty Hotel), ☎ +6 085 417053, . 9am-10pm. Cafe Coco is situated under Coco House and Dive shop. They serve local fusion. The facilities are brand new and the price is between 4.50 to 10rm for a healthy sized portion. The wifi is great! 100kb/s. They also serve dessert and fruit drinks. 4.5-10rm. edit
- Zaika, Lot 2512, 2nd Floor, Block 5, MCLD, Boulevard Commercial Centre, ☎ 085-418155. Serves Authentic North Indian Cuisines. edit
- Miri budget inn (near to 2020 cafe 2 minute walk), lot 568 ,1st floor,pelita commercila centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak, ☎ 0168775578, . checkin: 2 pm; checkout: 12 noon. miri budget inn is location at pelita commercial center,which is a food hurting and entertainment night live area,the room have individual toilet,bathroom Rm 55-Rm 80. edit
- Coco House [] Lot 2117, Block 9, Miri - Pujut Road, Next to Dynasty Hotel Email: [email protected] +6085 417 051 Tell taxi driver 'Dynasty Hotel" 20rm from airport. Brand new guesthouse. All rooms have wifi, ac, and hot water shower. Beds are new and comfortable, showers are very clean, cafe and dive shop downstairs, free kitchen to use and living room with tv, big roof to have a view of the city or relax in the sun. They can arrange tours through Minda Travel. Walking distance to Bintang Jaya, Chinatown, and most other places of central miri. Ask for Mike in the dive shop! Rooms 80rm per night, dorm 4-8 bed 35rm per night.
- BUNKER INNLot 8009, Pusat Bandar Baru PERMYJAYA, KBLD, 98100 MIRI. Tel: 085-410531, Fax: 085-415175, Email: [email protected] This place tells a story, colorful rooms, Free Flow Coffee & Tea, 50" LCD TV, Warm & Relaxing place, Free WIFI, Free Gaming, Mini Library for your reading pleasure, Clean & New, Free use of Facial cleansers, Shampoo & Conditioners and shower gel, 24 hrs security, Card key access. Seasonal celebration. Bed per night RM 38 ++. Further discounts on GROUP BOOKING.
- Dillenia, Lot 846 1st floor Jalan Sida, From the airport, take bus no. 28 to Miri Bus Station. Then, hop on to bus no. 33 or 42, alight just after passing Imperial Mall at the drop-off bay on your left near the blue colour Anakku signboard. Dillenia is situated immediately behind a cafe named Sembang2 Kafe, Tel: +6085434204 (email: [email protected]). Check-in time is 1PM while check-out time is 12 noon. However, late check-outs can be arranged depending on occupancy rate. Opened in August 2008, Dillenia is a family-run guesthouse with a "home away from home" atmosphere. Offers safe, clean, comfortable and air conditioned rooms, with a selection of dormitories, twin-sharing, family and honeymoon rooms. Rates range from RM30 per bed/night to RM110 per room/night. Facilities available are free internet access at lobby and free Wi-Fi at both lobby and rooms, free continental breakfast (variety of fresh fruits included), refrigerator, shower heater, laundry service, key card access, 24-hours reception, spacious common room, reading corner, mini library etc. Very friendly and helpful staff, and located right in the heart of Miri city. Big public swimming pool (1RM per person) only a few min-walk away.
- Minda Guesthouse (NAME CHANGED: Next Room Homestay ( same location)), 1st & 2nd floor, Lot 637, North Yu Seng Rd, 98000, . Brand new guesthouse with free breakfast, laundry facilities, free Wi-Fi, rooftop garden and two lounges with flatscreen, mini library etc. Dorms RM 28/person & private from RM 50/room (twin). Friendly staff and good location. Just tell the cabby Mega Hotel then it's less than a minutes walk from there.
- The Highlands Backpackers, Lot 839 Jalan Merpati, Opposite Imperial Mall and just above Annaku (big blue sign). email: [email protected] Phone: +6085422327. Comfortable backpackers hostel (25 RM/bed) located in the center of Miri with AC rooms, TV and internet (free). Owned and operated by a Kiwi Pilot (in Miri since 1997) and Kelabit wife. Front desk covered by a lovely Penan girl who commands great English is friendly and helpful. Breakfast included means tea/coffee and toast so if you are the hungry type, try one of the many cafes downstairs or around in town. Imperial Mall 2 minutes walk away. The lady at the front is very informative so do engage her in conversation and enjoy a cold beer on the roof. From Miri Bus Station take the 42 bus and get off just after Imperial Mall, you'll know where this is because you'll see a bright blue sign saying Annaku on your left, we are just above this shop!
- Miri Trail Guesthouse, Sub Lot 10634, 1st Floor, Airport Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri.  Miri Trail Guesthouse is the best value accommodation which is ideal for travelers, especially backpackers. This is the place to meet other travelers and enjoy your trip without big expenses. If you are waiting for long hours next flight, or early morning flight, Miri Trail Guesthouse is the right place for you! Miri Trail Guesthouse is located only two minutes away from the airport and 10 minutes away from the city.
- Eastwood Valley Golf & Country Club, Lot 1379, Block 17, Jalan Miri By-Pass, ☎ 085-421010, . checkin: 1300 hrs; checkout: 1200 hrs. Offering an integrated resort lifestyle, the Club provides chalets with 120-room accommodation located within the golf course area. Built with natural timber, the chalets spread around a beautiful and lush landscape surrounding are complemented with a well-equipped fitness centre with Swimming pool, Gymnasium, Steambath, Sauna and Jacuzzi. Rates from RM110. edit
- New Hua Kiew InnJl Haji Lampam 085 423-266. Located between the Imperial Mall and Mega Hotel very central. RM 40 for a single and RM 50 for a double with AC, HW, TV (astro), WIFI and coffee/tea facities in room. Very clean. laundry service 6RM per kg. Water machine in reception.
- Miri Waterfront Homestay: Perfect for families, or a backpackers lounge, as is cheap, clean, brand new and safe accommodation / hotel with new fittings and furnishings! A friendly family run business. Entrance and the stairway are in bad shape and look a bit scary but the locked area hallways and rooms are nice, new and clean. In centre of downtown Miri.(Lot 1160, Jalan Sri Dagang, Miri Waterfront Commercial Centre, 98000) (Tell the taxi driver: "Behind Maybank" Looking from the main street its the building behind and left from Maybank. Go around and you will see smaller signs with logos near the roundabout.) There are many restaurants and a convenience store just downstairs, and a bank across the street. RM55 - 88 (different sized rooms available, twin or double beds available) FREE WIFI. Hot shower. Air conditioning.Late check out allowed (They are very flexible!) Pictures here:  Email: [email protected] Contact: +6019-8659686 (Book by SMS possible! And recommended for your convenience)
- Million Inn. No 6, Jln Yu Seng Selatan, P.O Box 2200, Tel: +6085415077 Fax: +6085415085. Rates from RM50
- Miri Hotel. No 47, Jln Brooke, P.O Box 138, Tel:+6085421212 Fax: +6085412002. Rates from RM69
- Pacific Orient Hotel. No 49, Jln Brooke, 98000, Tel:+6085413333 Fax:+085410003.
- Park Hotel. P.O Box 241, Jln Raja, 98007, Tel:+6085414555 Fax:+6085414488. Rates from RM69
- Metro Inn. Lot 762. Parent Lot 529, Block 9, 1st Floor, Jln Merpati, Tel:+6085411663 Fax:+6085424663. Rates from 58
- Kingwood Inn Miri, Lot 826, Jln Yu Seng Selatan, Tel:+6085415888 Fax:+085415009. Rates From RM70
- Cosy Inn. Lot 545 - 547, Jln Yu Seng Selatan, Tel:+6085415522 Fax:+6085415155. Rate from RM48
- Brooke Inn - 14 Brooke RD.; 98007 Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia : Tel- 085-412881. Central location, Wi-Fi, clean, tv. double RM50.
- Blueberry Inn. Lot8007-8008, Block 11, Pusat Bandar Baru Permyjaya, KBLD, 98100, Tel:+6085-421175 Fax:+6085-415179. Room Rate from RM68, Free Wifi, Garden Patio, Modern Rooms.
- Treetops (Homestay), Lot210 Kampung Bakam (Along coastal road about 15 kms south), ☎ 01112040851, . checkin: 1600; checkout: 1100. A rural retreat outside Miri. Air-con rooms and 2 acres of garden. Close to beach. Food available. Own transport advised. RM 99. (4.227855,,113.916371) edit
- Miri Marriott Resort & Spa, Lot 779 Jalan Temenggong Datuk Oyong, ☎ +6085421121 (fax: +6085421099), . 5-star full-service spa resort located at the coast, 2 km from city center and 8 km from airport. Lovely gardens, nice pool, pool bar, food can be ordered from the pool and eaten at the bar. Basic but sandy beach, meals are quite expensive but good quality, although there is a nice food court just a 2-minute walk from the Marriot. edit
- Imperial Hotel, Jalan Pos, ☎ +6085431133 (fax: +6085431122), . Located at the center of Miri City, adjoining the Imperial Mall edit
- Meritz Hotel, Jalan Teo Chew, ☎ +6085417888, . Located just a 5 minute drive from Miri City, right on top of Bintang Megamall Shopping Centre. A four-star business class luxury hotel with a revolving restaurant up top with spectacular view of the whole city, has pretty much everything you'll expect from a high end hotel, not exactly close to beaches but shopping is just a mere 30 seconds away. edit
- Mega Hotel, 907, Jalan Merbau, ☎ +6085432432, . Conveniently located at the center of Miri City. Near to banking, travel agent office, restaurant and shopping centre. An ideal place to stay for both business and leisure travellers. edit
Busses to Bandar Seri Begawan leave from the long distance bus station at 08:15, and 16:15.