Minas is the capital city of Lavalleja, Uruguay.
You can come north from Montevideo on Ruta 8 or south from Melo and Treinta Tres on Ruta 8. You can come north from Maldonaldo on Ruta 12 or on Ruta 60 from Piriapolis.
- Catedral de Minas - The Cathedral near the center of town
- Monumento al General Juan Antonio Lavalleja - Monument to the leader of the 33 Orientals who's namesake is given to the department Minas is in
- Restaurante Ki-Joia, Domingo Pérez, a nice Uruguayan parilla
- Pizzería y Parrillada "Londres", Coronel Manuel Carabajal, a very good place for pizza
- Rotiseria Walter, 18 de Julio, a good restaurant that is open for lunch also
- Pizzaeria "Porkis", Sarandi, a decent pizza place in front of the bus terminal
- Nuevo Hotel Plaza, Roosevelt 639, 30000 Minas, Departamento de Lavalleja, ☎ +598 4442 2328 ([email protected]), . Nice hotel near the center of town. edit
- Posada Verdún, Calle Washington Beltrán 715 entre Sarandí y, Florencio Sanchez CP, 30000 Minas, Departamento de Lavalleja, ☎ +598 4442 4563, . Budget option close to the bus station. edit*
- Villa Serrana, Avenida Bernasconi 3000, Ruta 8 KM 145, 30000 Minas, Departamento de Lavalleja, ☎ +598 98 280 811, . Head to this nearby village for some rest and relaxation in a natural setting. With a nice restaurant for eating dinner and a nearby dam it's an excellent place to go in the summer and avoid the crowds on the coast. edit