Milazzo is situated on the north coast of Sicily, Italy, 20km west of Messina. Is it a small town, mainly used as a transit point for the Aeolian Islands.
Frequent trains run from Palermo, Cefalu and Messina - from where you can connect to Taormina, Catania and Naples and Rome. The train station is about 3km South of the centre - buses run to the centre frequently and there are taxis.
Milazzo port.Siremar line
Frequent buses run from Messina to the town centre and stop right by the passenger ferry port.
The are frequent car ferries and much quicker hydrofoils from to the Aeolian Islands (most go to Vulcano and Lipari) - lots in Summer, with fewer during Spring, Autumn and Winter and on Sundays. For timetables see SIREMAR, Ustica Lines.
A few car ferries a week also continue on to Naples (see SNAV).
The centre is quite compact, so you will probably only need to walk around.
- Antiquarium di Milazzo, Via G. B Impallomeni, 16, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 3471. The museum displays treasures from the neolithic times to the Byzantine era. edit
- Capo Milazzo peninsula. It stretches for 8 km. Peninsula opens by the gulf of S. Antonio in the west side and by the Gulf of Milazzo to the east. Coastline has long fine beaches and golden sandy bays. A special tourism attraction is the Piscina di Venere. City Milazzo is located on the centre of the peninsula. edit
- Castle, . It dominates above the centre and offers good views. Opening times are 8:30-13:30/16:00-21:30. The church has been totally renovated, as was the Monastery. Entrance is free of charge. Without asking you will get a free tour by very enthusiastic people. In the Monastery there is an exhibition about crafs. edit
- Church of Carmine (Chiesa del Carmine), Piazza Caio Duilio, 23, 98057 Milazzo. The facade is created in the style of Messinian Baroque with the curved roof entablature. In the center of the facade is a marble portal decorated by Corinthian columns, garlands and phytomorphic motifs. Above the lintel are topped Coats of arms of the Barons Baele, the patrons of the church decorated by the curved stuccos. In the central niche is situated the Madonna of Consolation with oval windows by the sides. On the right side of the church is arranged a bell tower with clock on the second floor. edit
- Church of the Holy Crucifix (Chiesa Santissimo Crocifisso), Piazza S. Papino, 33, 98057 Milazzo. It was built in 17th century. Church houses a wooden canopy from the 18th century and a wooden crucifix from the early 17th century. Facade dominates by pilasters and roof curved pediment richly decorated with stuccos. edit
- Church of the Santissimo Salvatore (Chiesa del Santissimo Salvatore). The portal is framed by pilasters rich in stuccos and carvings. Above a lintel situated swan’s neck pediment with the Coat of arms. A small niche houses a statuette of San Benedetto. On the sides there are two oval oculi with stone decorations corbelled from the bottom. The perspective ends with a large window with cornice, trim and corbel and higher blind oculus and apical cross. edit
- D'Amico palace (Palazzo D'Amico), Via Marina Garibaldi, Milazzo. edit
- Immaculate Conception Sanctuary (Santuario Immacolata Concezione), Via Immacolata, 3, 98057 Milazzo. Nice place of worship creating stepped facade impression. It is surrounded by spaciuos square with beautiful panoramas around. Inside it has a single nave system. edit
- Lighthouse of Capo Milazzo (Faro di Capo Milazzo), Via Sant'Antonio, Milazzo. Tourist attraction edit
- Old Town. It includes the medieval quarters of Milazzo and is best known for its churches. Outside the walls of the castle there are a few streets of colourful houses in the Spanish quarter, which are quite pretty and photogenic. edit
- Sanctuary of St. Francis of Paola (Santuario San Francesco Da Paola), Salita San Francesco, Milazzo. Sanctuary with the adjoining convent are located on the San Biagio hill and is one of the most spectacular monumental complexes in Milazzo. edit
- St. Anthony of Padua church (Chiesa di S. Antonio). Capo di Milazzo It is mounted into the rock at the very end of Capo Milazzo accessible by stairs down. edit
- Beaches. Lido Azzurro, Via Tindaro La Rosa, Milazzo; Lido Baia del Tono, Piazza Angonia Tono, Milazzo; Spiaggia di Ponente Zona Stadio, Milazzo; Lido La Fenice, Via Spiaggia di Ponente, 2, 98057 Milazzo; Sayonara Lido Beach Club, contrada Gronda, Via Spiaggia di Ponente, 98057 Milazzo; Spiaggia di Cicerata, Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. edit
- Blunauta Diving Center Milazzo, Via Panoramica, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 334 740 8124 ([email protected]), . Diving edit
- Capo Milazzo and natural paths (Sentieri Naturalistici del Capo di Milazzo). Walking in the scenic spot edit
- Promenade walk. Enjoy a nice view edit
- Eolian Milazzo, Salita Cappuccini, 21, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 1992 ([email protected]), . Restaurant edit
- La Bitta, Via Nino Bixio, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 928 8438. Restaurant Pizzeria edit
- La locanda del pescatore, Via Marina Garibaldi, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 928 6595. Seafood Restaurant edit
- Piccolo Regno, Via Policastrelli, 181, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 9150. Sicilian Restaurant edit
- Salamone A Mare, Strada Panoramica Capo Milazzo, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 7225. Restaurant Bar edit
- Sapori di Pasta, Via E. Cosenz, 96, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 240 3628, . Restaurant edit
- Chantilly Cafè, Via Cumbo Borgia, 59, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 941 4240, . Cafe edit
- Esposito S.R.L., Via Panoramica, 1, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 3655. Bar edit
- Galimi, Via Cumbo Borgia, 13, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +390 090 922 1459, . Bar Gelateria edit
- Il Gattopardo Rummeria, Via Salita Castello, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 347 803 3176. Pub edit
- Nadir cafè, Via Impallomeni Giovanni Battista, 6, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 922 2422. Bar edit
- Ngonia Bay, Piazza Angonia, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 928 1326 ([email protected]), . Bar Hotel edit
- Washington Bar, Via Marina Garibaldi, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 924 9045. Bar edit
- Baia Tono, Via Nettuno, 20, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 333 683 8797 ([email protected]), . B&B edit
- Cirucco Srl., Strada Panoramica Capo Milazzo, Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 928 4746. Hostel edit
- Fiorello, Via Luigi Fulci, 16, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 346 391 7822, . B&B edit
- Gli Appartamenti degli Dei, Via Baronia, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 349 667 2693. Apartments edit
- Imperial, Via Tono, 260, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 348 298 2787, . Hotel edit
- Riva Smeralda, Via Panoramica 56, 98057 Milazzo, ☎ +39 090 928 2980 ([email protected]), . Camping Restaurant Pizzeria edit
- Villa Sofia Capo Milazzo (Via Paradiso, Milazzo), ☎ +39 090 922 1244 ([email protected]), . Villa edit
- Aeolian Islands: Lipari, Vulcano, Salina, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi. There is a very frequent reliable ferry service from Milazzo and the exploration of seven Eolian islands make great day trips. From the same port there are few organized boat tours to the islands. It is possible to make a day trip to Vulcano or Lipari, but you have to stay overnight on the other islands.
- Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto. Churches, watchtowers, palaces, monuments, parks.
- Terme Vigliatore. Thermal waters of Terme Vigliatore have been known since antiquity. (Grand Hotel Parco Augusto).