Mielec (Myeletz) is a city in Subcarpathia.
Mielec has a very rich history but currently is mostly known as industrial center. It was established by Mielecki family. The most prominent member of this family was Mikołaj Mielecki (1540-85), a military commander. He's burried in St.Mathew church in Mielec.
You can reach Mielec from Stalowa Wola or Sandomierz. The closest airport's Rzeszów one.
- LOT Polish Airlines: Warsaw-Chopin, Szczecin
seasonal: Newark, Barcelona, Burgas, Gdańsk, Thessaloniki, Zadar
- Lufthansa: Munich
- Ryanair: Bristol, Dublin, East Midlands, London-Luton, London-Stansted, Manchester
- old town. Place with some old buildings and churches
- Jadernówka. Photography museum
- Jadernych and Kościuszki streets. Streets with many old houses
- Oborski family palace. Lovely palace, currently a museum
- Our Lady of Relentless Help church (Ks.H.Arczewskiego 1). Nice contemporary church located near woods. You have to climb the stairs to reach it. There's a small bookstore nearby.
- Holy Spirit church (Pisarka 16). Contemporary church with a beautiful interior. The church building has a very interesting shape. There's a big square in front of it.
- Holy Trinity church (Kard. Wyszyńskiego 14). Contemporary church with a very beautiful interior.
- Przecław castle. The castle's located in a village near Mielec, currently a restaurant and museum
- Rzochów. Village with a wooden church
- Baraniarnia. Very haunted place located in nearby Wola Mielecka. According to people visiting thins place, there was a feeling of being observed and heard strange noises and voices. There's a legend about young woman killed here and a man who committed a suicide in this place.
Do Bobra nature trail is an ideal place for walk. This area's inhabited by beavers. Góra Cyranowska's a popular recreation area. Wisłoka river is ideal for walks. There're bulevards on the river. There's a recreation area in Rzochów on Żwirownia lake.
There's a Navigator shopping center.
- Bulwary Hotel & Biznes, Rzeczna 8. edit Hotel near city center, free WiFi, restaurant, bar, terrace, balconies
- hotel Reg Benz, Legionów 80. edit Hotel located not far from center, free WiFi, restaurant
- Premium B&B, Racławicka 6. edit B&B with free WiFi, bar, press
- Emotel, Żegoty 7. edit Object located 5 km from city center, free WiFi
- MaxTrans, Wolności 75. edit Object located not far from city center, free WiFi
- hotel Polski, Biernackiego 12. edit Hotel located not far from city center, restaurant, gym, sauna
- Guest Rooms, Jędrusiów 6. edit Guest rooms in city center, free WiFi, terrace, garden
- hostel Centrum, Dworcowa 4/64. edit Hostel in city center, free WiFi
- hotel Iskierka Buisness & Spa, Wojska Polskiego 3. edit Hotel located 3 km from city center, free WiFi, spa, gym, swimming pool, restaurants
- Guest Rooms, Słowackiego 10. edit Guest rooms in city center, garden, free WiFi
- Agro-Dom, Zwycięstwa 38 A. edit Guest rooms in city center, WiFi, terrace
Remeber that there aren't almost any bridges on Vistula river bordering with Świętokrzyskie voivodeship. You have to take a river ferry (prom)