McMinnville is a city in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. It is the county seat and largest city of Yamhill County.
- By car. Private automobile is the easiest way in to McMinnville. State Highway 99W (SW Barbur Blvd/Pacific Hwy in the Portland Metropolitan area) enters from the north and south. State Highway 18 enters from the southwest from the coast.
- By light aircraft to McMinnville Municipal Airport (KMMV). Two runways, one of which is in good repair, located at the south side of town. No scheduled airline service available, but the airport is open to general aviation. The next nearest airport for scheduled commercial flights is at Portland International Airport. From there Caravan Airport Transportation provide direct shuttle to Bldg 10 at the Linfield College and the McMinnville Municipal Aiport.
- By Bus From Portland take the southbound Tri Met #12 bus to Tigard TC (Transit Center) and transfer to Yamhill Co. Transit #44 bus to McMinnville via Sherwood & Newberg along Hwy 99W. From the airport, by public transportation, take the 'Red Line' MAX to SW 5th & Morrison in downtown Portland to transfer to the #12 bus going south along SW 5th ave. Nearest connections to/from Greyhound  are in Portland and Salem.
- Evergreen Aviation Museum, 500 NE Capt. Michael King Smith Way, ☎ +1-503-434-4180, . Daily 9AM-5PM. Closed on major holidays.. This is really three attractions in one: museums of aviation and space travel, and an IMAX theatre. Howard Hughes' H-4 (HK-1) Flying Boat, better known as the Spruce Goose, is the most well-known, but there are over 60 other aircraft and spacecraft to see. The space museum has a pleasantly even-handed coverage of the international history of space exploration, with unique exhibits such as an ICBM in a simulated silo. There is a good café here. Enough to see that aviation fans will want a whole day. $13/one museum; $30/both museums & IMAX; discounts for youth and seniors.
- Spruce Goose Café, 500 NE Capt. Michael King Smith Way, ☎ +1-503-434-4180, . Daily 9AM-5PM. Closed on major holidays. Located in the Evergreen Aviation Museum. A range of quite respectable grilled and cooked fare, especially by museum cafe standards.
- Rooftop bar at Hotel Oregon, .
- Baker Street Bed & Breakfast, 129 SE Baker Street, ☎ +1 503-472-5575, . The oldest single owner bed and breakfast in McMinnville (18 years). The main inn has three rooms, each with en suite bath. The private two bedroom cottage located behind the inn is a fully equiped unit. For more independence, a two bedroom vacation rental is located a few blocks away. If coming with children, note this is located within 2 blocks of the city park, library and indoor swimming pool). Discounts for extended stays.
- McMenamins Hotel Oregon, 310 NE Evans St, ☎ +1 503 472-8427, . checkin: 3PM; checkout: 11AM. $60-$145.
- Hotel McMinnville, 381 NE Highway 99 West McMinnville, OR 97128 (Email: [email protected]), ☎ 503-472-5187, . Rats includes complimentary continental breakfast.