McKinney is a city in the Blackland Prairie region of Texas.
A great place to get in would be from Dallas. Two major highways connect McKinney, US Route 75 and Sam Rayburn Tollway.
Unfortunately, no major taxicab services or buses serve McKinney, and the only bus services are for seniors (but not your older relative [if you live in McKinney then never mind]) and bus services for schools. The best option would be to use a car.
- Chestnut Square Historic Park, 972 562 8790, . Seven restored homes built in the 1850's. Tours available for a small fee.
- North Texas History Center, 300 E. Virginia Pkwy, 972 542 9457, .
- Culver's, 1301 S Central Expy., 972 548 7500.
- El Fenix Mexican Restaurant, 3450 S Central Expy, 972 542 7076. Tasty and cheap Tex-Mex. Can be very busy on weekend evenings.
- Mama Emilia's Italian Restaurant, 119 W Virginia St # 100, 972 562 1102. Quaint little downtown eatery very popular with the locals.
- Unnamed Tacos, 101 Industrial Blvd;. Located inside a Shell gas station, this restaurant (which it's owners left blank) is doling out flavorful lamb barbacoa and chicken tacos among other things. edit
- Londoner, 100 N Tennessee St., 972 562 2929. English pub with great food.
- Days Inn, 2104 N Central Expy, 972 548 8888.
- Quality Inn, 1300 N. Central Expressway, 972 542 9471. This hotel is older but is still clean and comfortable.