Matale is a city in the Central Province of Sri Lanka.
Matale has a tropical climate.
The town has a mixed culture,the city centre has a majority of sinhalese with a minority
of Muslims and Tamils.
The town has only one railway station and that's the last one on that line. Trains arrive at Matale from Kandy and Colombo only.
Matale is situated on the A9 highway which connects Kandy and Jaffna.
- Muthumariamman temple. edit
- Aluvihare temple. The place where the Tripitaka was translated to Sinhala. edit
- Sembuwatta Lake (Sembuwatta Lake), . Sembuwatta Lake is a man-made lake made up of natural spring water. It is a very calm and quiet place with plenty of scenic beauty. While you are not allowed to bathe in the lake, there is a swimming pool next to the Lake so you can enjoy your bath with natural spring water. Sembuwatta Lake is surrounded by Pine trees as it is adjacent to the Campbell’s Lane Forest reserve. To reach this beautiful lake you have to go Elkaduwa town first and another five kilometers drive from Elkaduwa town through scenic tea estates. It will be a total of one hour's drive from Matale City. edit
- Aluvihaya Temple from Aluviharay
- Rangiri Dambulla Temple
- NaLanda Temple("GEDIGE")
- Home Seas Restaurant. edit