Masaka is a city in Central Uganda.
From Kampala there are 'coasters' leaving from the New Taxi Park when they are full. Coasters are bigger than 'matatus' and smaller than coaches.
Coaches to Mbarara and further don't go through Masaka, but take a bypass. Make sure to get out at Nyendo to take a 'matatu' in to town.
There's a Sauna in one hotel (forgot the name), and a swimming pool at another hotel (also forgot the name) which are open also to non guests.
- Real Discovery Tours, Mpuuga Building 2nd floor room 7, Masaka, Uganda, ☎ +256 776 272755, . 8-17. Andrew Kalema is organising tours and safaris, rents cars and camping equipment and takes people to community visits in Masaka. He is also offering free tourist information. edit
- Afri-Rhythm Village Hotel - newly reopened place near downtown Masaka for 15$ per night
- Garden Courts Hotel, Jjuuko Road (off Masaka - Mbarara Highway Bypass), ☎ +256 701 104 119, +256 779 254 119 ([email protected]), . checkin: 11:00am; checkout: 10:00am. >It also has a restaurant with great African food, good atmosphere cheap beer. Has a bar area which sometime of the month host live band, popular with locals and expats are welcome. from$20 for a single. edit
- Masaka Backpackers (Masaka Tourists Cottage & Campsite), Gayaza, Bukoba Road, Masaka (Drive Bukoba Road (Kyotera) 5km towards Tanzania from Masaka town, turn right and follow the dirt road for 400m.), ☎ 0752 619389, 0773 105636 ([email protected]), . checkin: 24h; checkout: 24h. Hostel with dormitories and private ensuite rooms. Campground has shared showers and toilets. There is a restaurant and bar, WiFi (pay per use), and secure free parking. The owner is experienced in serving Western customers. Camping 15.000 UGX, dorm 25.000 UGX, rooms starting from 35.000 UGX. (-0.36319,31.7145) edit
- Victoria Guest House - clean big double rooms with balcony for 15.000 shillings (2010)