Marstrand  is in Bohuslän on the west coast of Sweden. Many tourists go here in the summer to swim in the ocean.
- E6 to Kungälv, take road 168 for 25 km to the island of Koön, take the 200m foot and vehicle ferry to island of Marstrand. This costs 20 SEK for a return ticket and operates about every 15 minutes during the day. Private cars are not allowed on the island. There are severe parking restrictions on Koön for 500m around the ferry.
- E6 to Stenungsund, take road 160 and then 169 for 25km to Rönnäng on the island of Tjörn, take the 5km foot ferry. Rönnäng is a small place with limited parking.
- using your own boat or yacht - Marstrand has a popular tourist harbour
- by foot - the town is about 500m by 500m in size and the island about 1500m by 750m
- Carlstens Fort 
- the view of the island and coastine from Carstens Fort
- attractive wooden houses, shops and hotels on the harbour front
Take the 5km foot ferry to Rönnäng, on the island of Tjörn.
- 4 star campsite 1000m from the foot and vehicle ferry on the island of Koön