Marlborough, sometimes seen as "Marlboro" is a city in Massachusetts.
Marlborough is served by Interstate 495, which travels north/south, and Interstate 290, which starts in Marlborough and travels west towards Worcester. Those traveling from the Boston area can either use Interstate 90 to access Route 9 or Route 20 or just take one of those routes the entire way. Marlborough is also accessible via Route 85 from the north or south.
There are three airports within reasonable distance of Marlborough. The first, Logan Airport (BOS) in Boston, is usually the most frequented by those traveling to and from Marlborough. The others include T.F Green Airport (PVD) in Warwick, RI as well as Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) in Manchester, NH.
Major bus companies such as Greyhound and Megabus operate in nearby Worcester, as well as in Boston. The Metrowest Regional Transit Authority also runs a shuttle with limited service to the surrounding area.
The closest train station is in nearby Framingham, on an MBTA commuter rail line that connects Boston to Worcester. The closest Amtrack station is in Boston.
The Riverside MBTA train station is located in nearby Newton in the village of Auburndale. It is located at 333 Grove Street, off of Exit 22 on interstate 95. The schedule for their trains can be found at http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/subway/lines/stations/?stopId=15598
There is an Enterprise car-rental service located at 364 Maple Street in Marlborough on route 85. Their phone number is (508)-480-0221 and are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Saturday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
- John Brown Bell, Main Street (At the intersection of Route 85 and Main Street.). Sunrise till Sunset. A bell once held in Harper's Ferry, West Virginia, this bell was confiscated by Union troops from Marlborough on the eve of the Civil War and never returned. Ownership of the bell remains a controversy to this day. Free. edit
- Spring Hill Cemetary, Springhill Ave (Off of Main Street, near the John Brown Bell). Sunrise untill Sunset. One of the oldest cemeteries in the regional, containing remains that go as far back as the 17th Century and includes Revolutionary War veterans. edit
- Regal Solomon Pond Stadium 15, 591 Donald Lynch Boulevard (Behind the mall), ☎ (508) 229-8871. Multi-theater cinema, located near the Marlborough/Berlin line. edit
- Ghiloni Park (Concord Street Park), 259 Concord Rd. Dawn till Dusk. 'One can spend a beautiful day in the Concord Street Park (referred to as "Ghiloni Park" by local residents). There are soccer fields, a softball field, basketball courts, and a walking track. The track is popular for joggers and bicyclers. In the summer, an ice cream truck comes daily to satisfy people's cravings for ice cream in the park. edit
- Marlborough Country Club, 200 Concord Road, ☎ (508) 485-1660. 7:30-Dark. A par 71, Marlborough Country Club has been open since the 1920's. It is available to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays. MCC is also available for weddings and other large events. edit
- Trombetta’s Farm, 655 Farm Road, ☎ (508) 485-6429, . Saturday-Sunday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM. Trombetta's is an ice cream parlor, mini-golf course, and garden center all in one. It is a fun and relaxing atmosphere that is often used for children’s birthday parties by Marlborough residents, but is open to the public. edit
- New England Sports Center, 129 Donald Lynch Boulevard, ☎ (508) 229-2700, . Monday through Friday, usually from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM but the times change according to schedules.. The New England Sports Center is the largest youth hockey facility in all of New England. It is used by many semi-professional teams and is frequently visited by Boston Bruins players for private workouts. It has public skating time available as well Public skating cost $3.00 for children 12 and under and $5.00 for adults. There are also video-game arcades at the rinks for those not interested in skating. edit
- Wayside Racquet and Swim Club, 80 Broadmeadow Street (Behind Trombetta's Farm), ☎ (508) 481-1797, . Monday-Friday 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM and Saturday-Sunday 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Wayside is a fitness facility that features indoor and outdoor swimming pools, racquetball and tennis courts, and a gym. All of the facilities besides the gym are open to the public for a fee. Wayside also offers swimming, tennis, and racquetball lessons to members as well as non-members. edit
- Price Chopper, 240 East Main Street, ☎ (508) 480-0109, . Open 24 hours a day Monday-Sunday. Price Chopper is a 24 hour grocery store which supplies all household essentials. Also features a floral shop. edit
- Solomon Pond Mall, 601 Donald Lynch Boulevard, ☎ (508) 303-6255, . Monday-Saturday 10:00 AM-9:00 PM. This tends to be the place for many people from Marlborough and nearby cities to go to. One can shop in the various stores or watch movies in the Regal Cinemas attached to the mall. There are 120 different stores and services including major brands like Apple, Victoria's Secret, Macy's, and JC Penny. This is a popular destination for people to spend their day. edit
- Strange Brew, 416 Boston Post Road East, ☎ (508) 460-5050. Supplies for wine, beer and cider making. Offering starter kits, hops, malt and adjuncts, yeast, flavorings, books, and equipment. edit
- Target, 423 Donald Lynch Boulevard (store A) and 605 Boston Post Road (store B), ☎ (508) 573-1004 (A) and (508) 251-6957, . Monday-Saturday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, they close at 9:00 PM on Sundays. Both stores feature the same wide varieties of just about whatever brand-name product one might desire. Both stores feature a Pizza Hut and Starbucks inside as well. The hours of operation are the same for both stores. edit
- Walmart Supercenter, 280 Washington Street, Hudson, MA (Walmart is located on the Marlborough/Hudson border, down the street from Marlborough High School which is located on Bolton Street. Bolton Street merges in to Washington Street at the town border.), ☎ (978) 568-3383, . Monday-Sunday 7:00 AM- 12:00 AM. Similar to Target, Walmart carries all the feature brand names for all types of products that the market offers. There is a Subway sandwich shop inside as well. edit
- Lazy Dog Sports Bar and Bistro, 31 Main Street, ☎ (508) 229-2254. Mon-Sun 11am–2am. Featuring typical Sports bar food. Full bar. edit
- Stephen Anthony's Restaurant, 999 Boston Post Road, ☎ (508) 460-9618. Mon-Thu 7am–9pm Fri-Sat 7am–10pm Sun 7am–3pm. Started as breakfast/lunch place in 1986 before expanding to dinner services in 1998. Famous for their sausage. edit
- Jake's Restaurant & Coffee Shop, 30 Main Street, ☎ 508) 480-0414. Tue-Sat 6 am - 2 pm Sun 7 am - 1 pm. Open for Breakfast/Lunch. Cash only. edit
- Kennedy's, 247 Maple Street, ☎ (508) 481-8050. Mon-Sat 10am–7pm Sun Closed. Casual dining with an English pub atmosphere. edit
- Firefly’s BBQ (""address="350), ☎ (508) 357-8883, . Monday-Tuesday 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM, Wednesday-Thursday 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM, Friday 4:30 PM to 12:30 AM, Saturday 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and Sunday 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM.. A southern-style barbecue restaurant that is very popular with residents and other surrounding cities. They offer traditional barbecue food options along with a kid’s menu and custom pizza recipes. Firefly’s atmosphere is casual and family-friendly. For entertainment they have a full bar as well as “Dante’s” back room (must be 21+ to enter) which features multiple big-screen televisions and 6 pool tables. They also hold live music performances in Dante’s every Friday and Saturday night. edit
- The Wildwood Steakhouse, 189 Boston Post Road, ☎ "(508), . Sunday-Thursday 4:30 PM-10:00 PM, they close at 10:30 PM on Fridays, and at 11:00 PM on Saturdays. A high-quality steak, seafood, and grill restaurant in Marlborough. Wildwood serves premium meat with excellent service in a comfortable, relaxed setting. They have a full bar as well as a wine-cellar. edit
- Classic Pizza, 72 Hosmer Street, ☎ (508) 485-6999, . Sunday-Thursday 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM; they are open until 11:00 PM on Fridays and Saturdays. A family-owned pizza and sandwich restaurant popular with Marlborough residents. They offer many different choices of pizza, sandwiches, and appetizers at a low cost. Customers can dine-in the restaurant, order take-out, or delivery. edit
- FISH Restaurant and Wine Bar, 29 South Bolton Street, ☎ (508) 460-3474, . Monday-Thursday 11:30 AM- 10:00 PM Friday-Saturday 11:30 AM- 11:00 PM Sunday 12:00 PM-9:00 PM. FISH is seafood restaurant and wine bar that is in the middle of the Main Street area in the heart of Marlboro. It is very popular with the residents. edit
- Allora Ristorante, 139 Lakeside Avenue, ☎ (508)-485-4300, . Monday-Friday 11:30 AM-10:00 PM Saturday 4:00 PM-10:00 PM Closed on Sundays. Allora is an Italian-American restaurant that specializes in seafood. Over-looking Lake Williams, Allora is one of Marlboro’s premier restaurants. edit
- Sully's First Edition Pub, 11 Florence Street, ☎ (508) 485-6754. Irish bar and grill right behind City Hall. 50 cent wings are a feature during every local sporting event. edit
- Dunkin Donuts. Nine locations throughout the city. edit
- Starbucks, There are 3 locations throughout Marlborough, 23 South Bolton Street (store A) 187 Boston Post Road West (store B) and 650 Boston Post Road East (store C) (Store B is located in the R.K. Centre in Marlborough), ☎ (508) 486-9724 (A) (508) 485-8223 (B) and (508) 251-6957 (C). Mon-Thu, Sun 5:30am–8pm Fri-Sat 5:30am–9pm. edit
- Prospector East Saloon, 520 Lincoln St, ☎ (508) 485-9072. edit
- ""Dante's (""address="350), ☎ See 'Firefly's', above. Monday-Tuesday 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM, Wednesday-Thursday 4:30 PM to 10:00 PM, Friday 4:30 PM to 12:30 AM, Saturday 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, and Sunday 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM.. Full bar area complete with multiple wide-screen televisions and six pool tables. Full kitchen menu available. Live musical performances by local bands are held in Dante's every Friday and Saturday night. edit
Additional lodging options can be found a few miles away in the town of Hudson.
- Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center, 181 Boston Post Road W, +1 508 460-0700, Toll-free: +1 888 543-9500, Fax: +1 508 480-8218, .
- Courtyard, 75 Felton St., +1 508 480-0015, Fax: +1 508 485-2242, .
- Residence Inn, 112 Donald Lynch Blvd., +1 508 481-1500, Fax: +1 508 481-1558, .
- Embassy Suites, 123 Boston Post Road West, ☎ (508) 485-5900, . Wi-fi is NOT free. Pets are allowed. Guests are allowed access to the Wayside Racquet and Swim Club as well as free access to the exercise room and indoor pool area. Guests are given a complimentary breakfast buffet. Parking is free. edit
- Best Western, 181 Boston Post Road West (Located in the Royal Plaza Hotel and Trade Center.), ☎ (508) 460-0700, . All rooms have free wi-fi and some rooms have a microwave and mini-refrigerators. Guests have free access to the exercise room and indoor pool. Parking is free. Daily breakfast is complimentary. edit
- Hampton Inn, 277 Boston Post Road West, ☎ (508) 487-9888, . All rooms have free wi-fi. Guests have free access to the exercise room and indoor pool. Daily breakfast is complimentary. Parking is free. edit
|Routes through Marlborough