Santa Cruz is a district in Manila.
Santa Cruz is connected to the LRT Line-1 and PNR. Fare: PHP12-15. There are also a lot of jeepneys running around the district.
- Manila Chinese Cemetery - The second oldest cemetery in Manila after La Loma Cemetery and was designated as the resting place for the Chinese citizens who were denied burial in Catholic cemeteries during the Spanish colonial period.
- San Roque de Manila Parish - One of the St. Roch churches around the world.
- Santa Cruz Church - One of the well known landmarks of Sta. Cruz. Named after the Holy Cross, the church was built and administered by the Jesuits up to 1768.
- Espiritu Santo Church
- Solid Rock Baptist Church
- SM San Lazaro - just the only mall in Sta. Cruz. From LRT Line-1 Blumentritt Station, SM San Lazaro can be accessible by either walking or taking a tricycle. Fare: around PHP20. Find your hearts’ desire in more than 300 shops, boutiques and outlets selling thousands of leading brands in fashion, electronics, personal care, home furnishings and services. Well there’s still more, SM Anchor stores like SM Department Store, SM Supermarket, SM Foodcourt, SM Appliance Center, SM Cinema, Our Home, Ace Hardware, Surplus Shop, Watson’s Beauty and BDO will be there to make sure that you will have your time, money and efforts’ worth. After having a blast with shopping, it is now time to have an intimate bonding time with your family and friends by having a sumptuous meal at any of the popular restaurants and cafes found at SM City San Lazaro. Following that feast you’ve just had, having an unforgettable movie experience with sure seats at any of six (6) world-class cinemas that can collectively hold more than 3, 320 moviegoers will be best to culminate the evening. Or for the kids and kids at heart, fun rides, games and personal amusement at SM Storyland would be the best alternative. Worried about parking? That should be out of your mind because SM City San Lazaro provides seven (7) level carparks that can accommodate as many as 1,200 vehicles. For more information, visit http://www.smsupermalls.com/smsupermalls/index.php?p=651&mall=23
- Blumentritt Street Market - located just below LRT Line-1, this street is full of small stalls selling all kinds of cheap products. Some products include: shoes, baking materials, beauty products and clothing. Although this street is where the Blumentritt Police Station is located, one must still be careful as Blumentritt is known to be a place where pick-pockets/snatchers are prevalent.
- SM San Lazaro Mall - Has a lot restaurants/ fast-food chains to choose from. Some include: Yellow Cab Pizza, Sbarro Pizza, Jollibee, McDonald's, KFC, Karate Kid, Congo Grille and a lot more!
- Laguna St. - There are small 'carinderia' (local canteens) located in this are that sells locally cooked foods. Although these are clean, please take extra pre-caution as these foods are home-cooked foods and not closely monitored by any government agency.
- Blumentritt Street Market - Also sells street food. Please choose the food which you think is clean. Like most countries in Asia, except Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, or Korea, the Philippines have no reliable government agency that closely monitors street food.
- Goldilocks, Rizal Avenue - Sells different kinds of cakes and Filipino delicacies.
- Jollibee, Blumentritt - Philippines' number one fast food chain, famous for its fried chicken.
- Chowking, Blumentritt - Philippine fast food that sells Chinese foods like dimsum and noodles.
- Mang Boks Manok (Chicken), Blumentritt - As the name implies, this stall is famous for its Lechong Manok (Filipino Style roasted chicken). Whole chicken costs around PHP200.
- 7th Eleven Convenience Store, Blumentritt - If you are up to a quick snack, 7th Eleven sells hotdog buns and some other instant rice meals/ noodles.
- The Red Carabao Hostel, 2819 Felix Huertas Street (From any point in Manila, simply head to the Abad Santos LRT-1 Station), ☎ +(632)740-3211, . Opened in July 2009 as a social venture, one of Manila's newest hostels is located next to the historic Chinese Cemetery. the Red Carabao offers a free-use kitchen, free internet access, 24-hour check-in, and squeeky clean, modern facilities. In addition to the proceeds donated to local charities, the hostel organizes dinners with locals Rates start at ₱370 for air-conditioned mixed dorms and ₱800 for private. edit
- Fersal Hotel, 1455 A. Mendoza Street, corner Alvarez Street, , Sta. Cruz, Manila, ☎ +(632) 912-2691 ([email protected], fax: +(632) 912-2693), . A 4 storey 3-star hotel with 48 guestrooms. Air conditioning, non smoking rooms, satellite/cable TV. Rates start at ₱1300. edit
- Manila Grand Opera Hotel, #925 Rizal Avenue corner Doroteo Jose Sts., ☎ (632) 3140090 to 99, . All rooms have air conditioning, cable television, hairdryer, minibar, safe, free Wi-Fi, telephone, private toilet and bath. Some of its facilities and services are restaurant, bar, Mr. Donut coffee shop, business center, meeting facilities, swimming pool, jacuzzi, garden, parking, laundry service, parking, Wi-Fi in public areas and concierge. edit
- Winford Hotel and Casino, San Lazaro Tourism & Business Park, MJC Drive, Sta. Cruz, 1014 Manila, Philippines, ☎ (02) 528-3600. Winford Hotel & Casino provides all the essentials such as flat screen TV, safety deposit box, restaurants, swimming pool, fitness center, salon, spa, ballroom and meeting rooms, casino, and entertainment bar. Best Price Guarantee. edit
- Alabang - 40 minutes away from Blumentritt via PNR. Fare costs around PHP20.
- Quezon City - 20 minutes away from Blumentritt via LRT Line-1. Hop down at Roosevelt Station. Fare costs around PHP15. 30 minutes away from Blumentritt via jeepney. From Rizal Avenue, take a jeepney bound for "Munoz Frisco" and ask driver to drop you off at Frisco. Fare costs around PHP11.
- Tondo - 10-30 minutes away from Blumentritt. From Rizal Avenue, take a jeepney bound for "Divisoria", hop-off at Tutuban Mall.