Mandrem is a village in North Goa, India.
Buses go from Pernem a few times every day via Arambol. It's the last stop of the line.
If you looking for an adventure, you can walk along the beach-side from Arambol, even if the walk is more like climbing due to the steep coastline and the difficult terrain, so don't even think about doing it with you backpack on.
A mototaxi from Arambol will cost Rs.100-200.
From the small village of Mandrem just walk towards the sea, there is little chance that you will miss it.
There is a small Portugese fort close to Mandrem, you will see it as soon as you walk out on the beach. Getting there is quite easy, free service is operated every 30 minutes but the walk is quite exhausting especially if its hot, but will give you the chance to see a sleepy small vilage were tourists still are quite an attraction.
The is an abdomned school-building in the woods just shortly bevor entering the village, an almost impassable small path lead there and these 5 minutes walk are really worth it.
The Fort is now turned into a High-Class hotel but the stuff dont mind if you walk around and enjoy a beautiful view over Mandrem beach and Maharashtra in the north.
Exept for this, there is little to do than laze around at the beach or take a swim in the surprisingly deep water.
Visit the beautiful deserted beach, just a few huts offering not-so-good food, but the beach and sea are worth it.
- Ashta Yoga Valley (Yoga Teachers Training, Yoga Courses, Reiki Courses, NLP Courses and Therapies), Arambol Goa, ☎ 9882862475, . The center offers Yoga Alliance International Certified 200hrs & 500hrs Yoga Teacher Training course. Amit Namdev is the Director of Ashta Yoga Valley. He has completed his Masters Science in Yoga. Astanga Vinyasa/Hatha Yoga Teacher, Reiki Teacher, IN Ceritified NLP Master Practitioner & Therapist. Amit has been involved with holistic and natural healing for 11 years, and is a qualified teacher and practitioner of the healing arts. edit
- Reiki, NLP Courses (Yoga. Meditation, Eft), Arambol, ☎ 09822336443, . Amit has been involved with holistic and natural healing for over 11 years, with the scientific way of thinking and approach, Amit is a qualified teacher and practitioner of the healing arts. IN - Certified NLP Practitioner & Sue Knight books and talks Certified Master Practitioner. edit
Exept for a small pan-shop at the main "bus terminal" there were no shops spotted in April 2010
Don't even think of an ATM out here so stock up on cash well in advance.
- Cafe Nu, House No 182, Mandrem (opposite Saiba Guest House). edit
- End of the World Café, Mandrem (Junas waddo, near garden, Mandrem pernem goa), ☎ 9623424407. Beach shack, for fish. If eating here you are entitled to a beach lounger for the day.It is the best shack which serves variety of fish. Perfect place for eating on mandrem beach. Also serve delicious Goan food, and run by goan Rodrigues family. edit
- Mango Tree Beer Garden, Junas Waddo, Mandrem (opposite Mandarin, a 5-minutes walk heading left out of Dunes). edit
- La Plage, Asvem Beach. French restaurant. edit
- Oasis, Mandrem. For superb tandoori chicken, prawns & bread. edit
- Olive House, Junas Waddo, Mandrem. Superb dining and fully hygienic. edit
In April 2010 there were 2 small beach-shacks providing you with semi-cold drinks and a really small selection of food for reasonable prices
- Sea Paradise, Mandrem Beach. Beach shack. edit
- Molly's nest restaurant, Junas wada mandrem goa india (mandrem beach next to sunset), ☎ +91 9421154763, . 08:00-23:00. Fully Hygienic multicusine bar& restaurent 300-500. edit
- Sea paradise, Mandrem beach. Beach shack with seafood, tandoori etc. Very good! They also have a restaurant if you cross the nearby river. Really good food and drink. edit
A few guesthouses provide you with a bed in mandrem village, but rather stay in Arambol and do a day trip because there is nothing really to do in Mandrem.
But if you are looking for some quiet time on a desert beach then try bargaining because there are a few guesthouses but no one really to stay in them so you migh get a better price.
- Cuba Retreat Mandrem, Mandrem (a minutes walk from the Mandrem Beach), . AC room Rs. 950-2.950, non AC room Rs. 750-2,450. edit
- molly's nest, junaswada mandrem (next to riva resortdown on beach), ☎ +91 9421154763, . checkin: 12:00; checkout: 11:00. Sea facing/river facing huts/Family cottage front of beach. Multicusine restaurant on the beach 1000 rps. edit
- Morjim house, a beach facing luxury villa for your memorable stay in Goa (opp to BoraBora), ☎ +919595100011, . 4 bedroom beach villa Rs. 20 000 onward. edit
- Siolim Serenity, Tropical Dreams,Oxel,Goa (200 meters from Chapora river beside Oxel Panchayet), ☎ +91-7730000595, . checkout: 10:30AM. Fully furnished 2bhk apartment within budget (TV, Refrigerator, Geyser, Bed, Cupboards, Chairs, induction oven, Utensils, etc.) with car/bike parking and swimming pool. 1550. edit