Malindi is beach resort city in Kenya, located on the Indian Ocean. It is very popular with European tourists, especially rich Italians who buy large houses near the beach.
- Malindi Airport is a small airport that can be reached from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, in Nairobi.
- Moi International Airport in Mombasa, about 110 km away, is a large airport with flights throughout Africa and Europe.
- Vasco da Gama Pillar. After being turned away from Mombasa, it was here where the explorer Vasco de Gama landed. The pillar stands at the point where he came ashore. Note that there is an entrance fee to see the pillar. edit
- Nearby Watamu with its beautiful beaches and access to the marine park is worth spending time.
- Malindi Museum Society, Beach Road, Malindi (From the Baobab bar/restaurant and walk towards the town. You will reach the House of Columns on your left after about 5 minutes. From town it is just past the Beach Road Curio market, on your left.), ☎ Country code followed by, 727 411 426, . 9.00am to 4.00pm. Visit the museum which has very useful and interesting booklets for sale at low prices, and some exhibits. The museum is at present in the process of moving from its attractive and historic building 'The House of Columns' to a more historic building, recently renovated, 'The Old D.O's Office' near the easily noticed 'Sail Monument' (to Prince Henry the Navigator) where there are more exhibits. While you are in Malindi, why not join the Malindi Museum Society. You can do this at the House of Pillars (see above) as a visitor for Shs 600/- which gives free entry to all of the Museums of Kenya sites/buildings, not just in Malindi, but on the Coast. *<see name="Ghedi Ruins" alt="" address="" directions="Ask any Tuk Tuk driver" phone="" url="" hours="" price="" lat="" long=""> The ancient ruins of Ghedi are worth a visit and the excavation has been greatly expanded in recent years. It is worth getting a guide at the entrance as it will enhance your experience greatly. KShs200. edit
I Love Pizza Mama Ngina & Silverstrand (Seafront Road). Reasonably priced pizzas, seafood and meat dishes. One of Malindi's oldest and most reputable restaurants.
Driftwood Beach Club, . Restaurant open daily, as well as snack menu during the day. Popular curry lunch every Sunday overlooking the Indian Ocean. edit
Hermanns Beergarden, Lamu Road. Cheap and Cheerful. Rooms available on request.
Kola Beach Resort Resort & Villas for rent and for sale on the Golden Beach of Mambrui
Eden Roc Hotel, Lamu Road.
Driftwood Beach Club Cottages for rent on the Indian Ocean.
- Malindi Chomazone Hotel and Lodge, Ngowe Road 500m from nakumatt malindi town on Malindi- Mambrui Road, 00200 Malindi, Kenya, . Offering an outdoor pool and water sports facilities, Malindi Chomazone Hotel and Lodge is located in Malindi in the Coast Region Region, 800 metres from Supermarket. The hotel has a year-round outdoor pool, barbecue and sun terrace, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free WiFi is offered throughout the property and free private parking is available on site. Each room includes a flat-screen TV with cable channels and Blu-ray player. Certain units have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Some units feature views of the pool or garden. Rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include slippers and free toiletries. edit
A great tuk tuk driver to use in Mailindi is Patrick. He can be reached on 0710 701 786. He was fair with his prices and he is a safe driver which goes a long way on the streets of Malindi.