Malbork  (German: Marienburg) is a town in Pomorskie voivodeship in Poland, famous for the biggest Gothic castle in Europe. Built by the German Teutonic Knights in the middle ages this fortress is one of a kind.
- Tourist information, ul. Kościuszki 54 (at the Malbork Welcome Center), +48 55 647 47 47
There are two international trains going through Malbork:
- Berlin 7h, one train daily, change in Tczew (pl)
- Wien 10h, one direct train daily
You can also get to Malbork from other Polish major cities:
- Gdańsk 0,5-1h, several direct trains daily, the cheapest are Regio trains
- Kraków 5-7.5h, few direct trains daily, the cheapest are TLK trains
- Warsaw 2-3h, few direct trains daily, the cheapest are TLK trains
- Gdańsk you need to travel road #91 in Krakow direction, after that #22 to Malbork, other way is to travel A1 motorway in Krakow direction to Swarozyn exit, after that #22 to Malbork
- Kraków you need to travel road #1 in Gdansk direction, after that #22 to Malbork
- Warsaw you need to travel road #7 in Gdansk direction, after that #22 to Malbork
There are PKS connections with Bydgoszcz, Elbląg, Gdańsk, Iława, Krynica Morska, Olsztyn, Płock, and few other polish cities.
You can find the schedule: . Site is only in Polish, but it is easy to use it, even if you don't know Polish.
- Malbork Castle, ☎ Tel: +48 55 6470978, . The ancient capital of the Teutonic Order, the largest Gothic fortress in Europe, on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Good quality audioguides are included in ticket prices. They are recommendable since the site has almost no information tables. edit
- Spiżarnia, ul. Dworcowa (Just few meters from the railway station under the old reservoir tower). Little themed pub combined with the greengrocery. Lot of regionals beers. Works all year. edit
- Hotel Zamek Malbork, ul. Starościnska 14, 82-200 Malbork, . The Zamek Hotel in Malbork is situated in the historic building of the former Teutonic hospital for lansquenets (foot soldiers), within the premises of the biggest Gothic castle in Europe. Double room 180 - 260 PLN depending on season. (2011) edit
- Chiltuś, Tczewska 15, 82-200 Malbork, ☎ +48 55 273 37 03, . Suitable prices (35 PLN), convenient location (few minutes walk from castle). edit
- Camping Nogat nr. 197 (OSiR Malbork), Parkowa 3, 82-200 Malbork, ☎ +48 55 272 24 13, . Best campsite in town. Offers places to strike tents, park a car or a mobile home. They also have a camping houses and a hotel. It's less than 1 km walk along the Nogat river to the castle.
Since their website is in Polish only, here's a short price list (prices are per night as of 2011):
- Per person fee: 14 zł
- Small tent: 8 zł
- Big tent: 14 zł
- Car: 10 zł
- Van: 18 zł
- Campervan: 31 zł
- Dog: 5 zł
- Camping house (for 3 people with private bathroom): 150 zł (120 zł off season)
- Zajazd Karat, ul. Boczna 2, 82-200 Malbork, ☎ +48 55 272 89 53, . 700 meters to the castle, 100 PLN for a double room. edit
- Youth hostel SSM, Żeromskiego 45. edit Multiple and single rooms, shared bathrooms, Internet
- Camping nad Stawem, Wałowa 10. editCamping located on small pond close to the castle, showers