Malabar is a region in Kerala in India.
The climate of Wayanad is enjoyable throughout the year, however October to May is the best time to visit Wayanad. Temperature between December to February are much cooler than the other months of the year with temperature dipping up to to 10°C. Many travelers choose this duration as the best season to visit Wayanad
- Malabar and the Portuguese, by K.M. Panikkar (1997). Readable and informative account of the history of the Portuguese in Malabar by the eminent scholar K.M. Panikkar, an important period in the history of Malabar.
- taxiGUIDE.in (Bangalore to Wayanad), ☎ +91 888 023 4455 ([email protected]), . Inquiry: 7am to 11pm. Bangalore to Wayanad Car Rentals on taxiGUIDE.in (Note: You can also book a cab to Wayanad from Calicut and Mangalore on taxiGUIDE.in) Fares starting Rs.6400 for a 3 day trip. edit
- Savaari Car Rentals (Wayanad Cab Service), ☎ 0 90 4545 0000 ([email protected]), . Inquiry: 24*7. Reliable, affordable and safe Chauffeur Driven Car Rental service in 65 cities in India. Book a cab to Wayanad. edit
- Ganraj Travels (Taxi service in Wayanad), Survey No.84/2A/60, Parijaat Colony, Jawalkar Nagar, Near Kalpataru Society, wayanad, ☎ +91 7038400300 ([email protected]), . 7 AM to 12 PM. Ganraj Travels is one of the most economical taxi service in wayanad. They provide cab service at very affordable rates. edit
- Theyyam Folk Dance and Rituals - Malabar is known for "Theyyam" the folk dance. The word Theyyam means "God". This is part of "Kavu" festivals. Kavu are essentially Dravidian worship centers, which are different from Vedic temples. Until the late 1930s, lower caste members were not allowed in Hindu temples. In almost all "Kavu", lower caste members perform as "Gods". Most of the Kavu"s allow visitors from all communities. Kavu Festivals are celebrated from the end of December to April. Especially during February and March.
- Visit Wayanad which is a famous hill resort in North Kerala. Wayanad is the name of a district. There are many famous travel spots in Wayanad. Wayanad is known for its spices, waterfalls and Wildlife.
- Travelers can visit some of the famous beaches of Malabar. Bekal Beach in Kasargod, Payyambalam Beach in Kannur, Muzhappilangad Beach and Dharmadam Island, which are located in Thalassery in Kannur District, Beypore Beach which is in Kozhikkode, and Kappad Beach in Kozhikkode are famous beaches in Malabar.
- Bekal Fort in Kasargod District, St. Angelo Fort in Kannur, Thalassery Fort, Palakkad Fort are famous Forts in Malabar.
- There is a water theme park at Parassinikkadavu in Kannur District. This is 21 Km from Kannur and 155 km from Mangalore. [] , Address : Parassinikadavu, Kannur-670563, Kerala, Phone - 0497- 2782850, Email - [email protected]
- Dental tourism destination, One of the biggest dental hospital for dental tourism is situated here.
Malabar cuisine, which is one of the most tastiest varieties of Kerala cuisine, is distinguished by its style of preparation and unique recipes. A blend of influences from Arab, Brahmin, Zamorin, and Chirakkal cultures give Malabar a full range of vegetarian options as well as a wide variety of non-vegetarian options, particularly with poultry, mutton, and lamb. To accompany, there are a number of distinctive rice preparations, rice breads, and flatbreads. Malabar also has an unusually bountiful selection of traditional snack options. The extreme north of Malabar has a lot of Konkani influence, with distinctive recipes focusing more on seafood.
- Dum biryani - One of Malabar's most distinctive specialties.
- Malabar paratha - The local variant of the unleavened flatbread is especially fluffy and soft.
- Pathiri - A type of rice bread.
- Rice - Popular preparations include ghee rice, saffron rice, and fried rice.
However today most of the style varities are available through out Kerala and though unique food specialties needed to be tasted at its own place.
- Ann's Homestay (Wayanad Homestay), Co-Operative Press Road,Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), . Rs.1500/-. edit
- WayanadHome Budget Resorts (WayanadHome Resorts), ChettiMoola,Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), . edit
- MistyMount Resorts (WayanadHome Budget Resorts), Payyampally, Kartikulam, Near Mananthavadi, Wayanad, Kerala, ([email protected]), . edit
- Silverwoods Resorts (Wayanad Silverwoods Resorts), Vythiri -Tharuvana Road, Manjoora P.O, Pozhuthana, Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala 673575, ☎ +91 4936 273310/11/12, . Perched on a hilllock and nestled on the banks of the Banasura Sagar Dam, this resort is set on a sprawling area of 16 acres and provides a breathtaking view of the Banasura Sagar with the Banasura Mountains as the back drop. The resort has 34 cottages and 21 deluxe rooms with recreational facilities which include fitness centre, club house, Ayurvedic spa, infinity pool and kids play area. Other facilities offered by the resort are a convention centre, airport transfer, travel desk, parking, Wi-Fi and concierge. (11.6198449,76.0843340999999) edit
- Trippr.World (Trippr Hostels), Wayanad, Kerala (""+919449436611,), . Clean, dorm style beds with basic facilities. Rs.540/-. edit
- Sundara Mahal Homestay, Kalpetta, Wayanad,India (5 mts from Kalpetta town), ☎ 9446407234, . Sundara Mahal is a century old bungalow, steeped in history and nestled in the woods. Watch as the fog lifts around the plantation, notice the different shades of green that surround the house, bird watch or get lost in a book. Quiet and serene, it is the ideal location for family or friends to unwind and relax. Situated on the national highway, its easy to locate and close to town with most waterfalls, dams, temples, hiking trails and hills a short drive away. Spacious rooms, modern amenities, home cooked food, hosts - both humans and canine- look forward to meeting and spending time with people. INR 4000. edit