Machadodorp,  and Waterval Boven are towns in the Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
Use the N4 highway between Pretoria and Nelspruit.
- The Kruger museum in Waterval Onder.
- The N.Z.A.S.M tunnel of 1893.
- The Five Arches Bridge of 1894.
Hike from Waterval Boven to Waterval Onder and return by train. The trail starts 1km South of Waterval Boven, where there is a reception office and parking. The trail is 5km long (don't let reception convince you otherwise), some of it uphill.
At the 4km mark, there is a very basic overnight hut. My advice is to skip it.
- Lantern Pub, ☎ 082 894 6246. The local watering hole frequented by all the colorfull locals you always find in small towns like Machadodorp. edit
- Elands River Lodge, 3 Janson Str Machadodorp (turn off the N4 first street left drive to end of the road), ☎ 082 257 8700. checkin: 6am-9pm; checkout: before 10 pm. The best self catering accommodation you will find in the area. Dstv (satelite tv) swimming pool , all chalets very private and fully equiped. Green surroundings and lots of birdlife. Great place to sleep over on your way to the Kruger National Park as it is halfway between KNP and Johannesburg (OR Tambo International Airport) from 270 Rand for single and upward. edit