Luquillo (Loo-KEE-oh) is a city in Puerto Rico.
Fly in to San Juan, get a car rental and drive route 3 east to Luquillo.
Although there are buses and jitneys, most tourists will find it easiest and most convenient to rent a car. Most national rental car rental companies and many local ones serve the island.
El Yunque Tropical Rainforest
Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve
- Balneario de Luquillo, Avenida 65 Infantería PR route 3, ☎ +1-(787)-889-5871, . 8AM - 5PM. Considered by many to be one of the best public beaches in Puerto Rico. Golden sand, palm trees and casuarina trees for shade. There are beach lounges and umbrellas for rent, a small T shirt and souvenir store and often there are kayak rentals on the beach. Usually well kept with a couple of food kiosks. Bathroom services cost $1.00 per person and there is a locker room with locker fees. The times given are for the services, the gate stays open later for exit. Used by locals and tourists. Weekends in the summer can get a little crowded. $5.00 for parking. edit
- Lolita's, ☎ 787-889-0250. Lolita's is an excellent Mexican restaurant with very fair prices. edit
- Los Kioskos. A set of 60+ kiosks next to route 3 offering everything from traditional Puerto Rican faire to burgers to ceviche. Something for everyone can be found here. edit
- Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn, A2 Costa Azul, ☎ 787-409-2929 ([email protected]), . Located along a wavy stretch of beach Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn is a very pleasant hotel with a friendly staff, spacious rooms, most with a balcony and a few extra amenities such as free use of beach chairs and towels. The beach out front is very nice, especially as the hotel does its best to keep it trash-free. It is frequented by surfers since there isn't a reef to break the waves. Walk west a very short distance and you will find a nice, quiet beach with reef protection. $95 - $125 per night. (18.37778,) edit
- Luquillo Beachfront Penthouse (http://www.luquillobeachfront.com), Vistas del Faro (beachfront, near Calle Veve Calzada, next door to the Sunrise Beach Inn), . checkin: 1:00pm; checkout: 11:00am. 1,500 square feet rental unit with a fully equipped kitchen, wrap-around terrace offering all around ocean views and a rain forest view from the back. Assigned parking, pool, and pets are allowed. $135 / night. edit
Beautiful beach front/ocean front apartment. Fully furnished. Located in the town of Luquillo, Puerto Rico. 4 miles from the base of the Caribbean Tropical Forest (El Yunque). 4 miles from the Rio Mar Westin Hotel. Adjacent to the Blue Flag Luquillo Public Beach. 30 miles from downtown San Juan.
- Casa Valeriana Vacation Rental, Road #3 KM. 38 Luquillo,PR, ([email protected]), . The condo faces the Northeast Ecological Corridor and the ocean. The unit has 2 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms, air conditioner, microwave, coffeemaker, washing and dryer machines, 24 hour security. It's only 5 mins. driving distance from Luquilo Beach. There are excellent restaurants in the area as well as attractions like El Yunque Rain Forest and La Laguna Grande bioluminescent bay. edit