) is the capital city of An Giang Province, in the Mekong Delta
region of southwestern Vietnam
Long Xuyen can be best reached by bus, which takes about 5 hours from Ho Chi Minh City or 1.5 hours from Can Tho.
The city itself is not as large as its close neighbor Can Tho and the center of town is easily walkable. Like any other Vietnamese city there are plenty of xe-om motorcycle drivers or a bicycle with cart attached (xe loi), which is a specialty of the Mekong.
Another easy mode of transportation is renting a bike from a streetside bike repairman, although most foreigners would prefer a motorbike to go farther into the province when time permits.
- Tiger Island - the birthplace of the second president of Vietnam
- Sap Mountain - mountain to visit
- Sam Mountain - mountain to visit
- Cam Mountain - mountain to visit
- Coop-mart: three-floor supermarket,biggest in An Giang
- Nguyen Hue supermarket: electronics products, high quality
- The gioi di dong: high-quality cell phones
- Thu Quan: books, mostly school books, magazines, newspapers and school stuffs
- Thanh Kien: school stuffs, in front of An Giang University
- Hong Phat - High quality, good service, reasonable price for the better meal. 30-50,000 per person.
- Phong Ky - Great food, not too clean, a little slow, 20-40,000 per person.
- Buu Loc - Good high quality food. Specialty in family style dinners, and parties. Book beforehand for table upstairs in private room.
- Hai Lua - Quite expensive, food good, great for huge parties, can take a night on the river on a boat with pre-ordered meal menu. Owner knows english and japanese.
- Nam An - near Hai Lua. very beautiful setting, good service, a large food menu.
- Lan Ky - best soup restaurant in town, Chinese family has been here for generations.
- Vuon Trau restaurant, Le Van Nhung street and Quoc lo 91. (Located just north of the river, near An Giang university. Going north on Quoc lo 91, turn left on le Van Nhung and restaurant is on the right. Set back off the street, patio has nice trees and lots of parked scooters.). 7am-10pm. Sit-down restaurant with a large menu, all in Vietnamese. Head waitress is Duyen, who speaks English and teaches tourism classes across the street at An Giang University. Side dishes (20-40K VND), main dishes for one person (60-70K VND), and shareable plates (100-300K VND). Vegetarian friendly: stir-fried vegetables (Rau xao thap cam) may be ordered. Banh Xeo is the specialty; many different kinds and large portions. 20,000 - 100,000 VND. (10.38340,105.43623) edit
- Vuon Hanh Phuc 24 Bis Tôn Đức Thắng, phường Mỹ Bình, TP Long Xuyên The food is delicious, the staff friendly and attentive. Relaxing atmosphere. The ice cream they serve is to die for. Great place for a party or a wedding. https://www.facebook.com/VuonHanhPhuc.AnGiang
- Khuc Ban Chieu: high quality, quiet place, almost good service.
- Star: beautiful place, high quality
- Panda: high quality, good service, a good view of the whole city, possibly see the Sap Mountain from here
- Dong Xuyen Hotel - near Co-Op Mart. Biggest hotel in town.
- Long Xuyen Hotel - next to Co-Op Mart, but a little behind. Good restaurant.
- An Long Hotel - near big new church, fan rooms 80,000 dong. As of July 2014, cheapest room I was told was 300,000 VND
- Nha Tro - general term for room for rent. Very cheap, but only if you want to live like a vietnamese student.
- Khach San Thang Loi 2, 10 Le Hong Phong, Long Xuyen (From the roundabout with the large statue (north side of river), go west on Le Hong Phong. Hotel is on the corner of Le Hong Phong and Quoc lo 91.), ☎ 076 3854492, . Solid budget hotel, 230,000 - 400,000 VND. 230K gets a double room with AC, hot water, tea/electric kettle in room and free wifi, but no window/view. Long Xuyen has parts of town on either side of the river, this hotel is on the quieter, less commercial north side of the river. Near a museum and a few government buildings (Long Xuyen is the capital of An Giang province). Lower prices here than Hotel Hoa Binh 2 across the street where the cheapest room is 460K) 230,000 VND. (10.3886,105.4328) edit