Lillesand is a small town in Aust-Agder County, on the south coast of Norway.
The site's original name was "Sanden" (the sand, the beach). In 1641 the neighboring city of Kristiansand was founded. Lillesand received its present name to distinguish the two towns.
Lillesand municipality is located in the most famous part of the archipelago along the Skagerak coast. The idyllic town center is typical of towns in this area, white painted, wooden houses around a small port. In the summer the population increases significantly, due to tourism and the many summer homes in the municipality.
The Norwegian author Jostein Gaarder refers to this town in several of his books, for example in Sophie's World, where The Solitaire Mystery refers to Lillesand.
The bus-connections to Oslo and the towns along the western shore of the Oslo Fjord is excellent. Nor-Way Bussexpress  has 9 daily connections to Oslo, Konkurrenten.no 4-7 buses while Lavprisekspressen runs twice daily. You are guaranteed a seat - if the bus is full, the bus company will add an extra bus. Lavsprisekpressen provides online ticketing only. Long term buses stops in the outskirts of Lillesand.
E18 runs through the city in an east-west direction. Follow the signs at the exits towards Lillesand from the motorway.
By train or plane
via Kristiansand Railwaystation or Kristiansand Airport, Kjevik. Bus connections to Lillesand.
Good moorings if you have your own boat.
Or take a sight seeing boat from Kristiansand.
In the town's center, everything is within walking distance.
Nettbuss Sør (blue buses) operates local bus routes within the municipality of Lillesand. In Lillesand center are all within walking distance. If you go west, there are some local buses for example to Høvåg, but it may take a long time between buses.
Phone to Lillesand Taxi:☎ +47 37 27 03 15
Brekkestø in the archipelago off Lillesand.
- Blindleia is a salt water fjord passage that is protected from the open sea by an elongated archipelago of skerries. Lots of boat traffic in Blindleia at summer time, and many rich Norwegians have their vacation house here. Blindleia pass many picturesque sites, such as Brekkestø, Kjøbmannsvik, Gamle Hellesund and Skottevik. Sightseeing boat at the summer time.
- Brekkestø is an idyllic, small outport on the island of Justøy, well visited during the summer. The outport is the most famous of the cozy little places along the archipelago in Lillesand.
- Lillesand Town- and Maritime Museum in the town centre of Lillesand, shows the town's history as a center for shipping and trade.
- Meta Hansens hus (Rosenberggt. 11), a location for exhibitions, concerts and other cultural expressions.
- Bronseplassen are reconstructed houses from the Bronze Age and Viking times and is located in Høvåg, aprox. 15 km west of the town. There are also bark boats, labyrinth, offering space and cemetery. Open May to September.
- Take a walk in the center of this rather sleepy but cozy small town!
- Lillesand offers the perfect setting for activities related to the sea: fishing, sailing, swimming.
- In the heart of town
- Lillesand Senter, a shopping centre in the outskirts of town
- Sørlandsparken and Sørlandssenteret, a regional, large shopping centre at the border to Kristiansand 
- Beddingen Restaurant, (Havnegata 3), ☎ +47 37 27 24 22. Seafood and meat, prepared from local ingredients edit
- Lille-Ro Restaurant, (Strandgata 4 G), ☎ +47 37 27 00 41, . Intimate and marine environment edit
- Strandgaden No1 Skjenkestue, taproom in the traditional Hotell Norge.
- Sjøbua (Strandgata 8), ☎ +47 37 27 03 66 Pub at the wharf, serves simple dishes.
- Skottevik FerieSenter, ☎ +47 37 26 90 30, . The most popular holiday centre in the south of Norway, located between Kristiansand and Lillesand. edit
- Tingsaker Camping, ☎ +47 37 27 04 21, . Camping field not far from the town centre edit
Hotel & Guesthouse
- Hotell Norge, ☎ +47 37 27 01 44 ([email protected], fax: +47 37 27 30 70), . The traditional, historical hotel in the heart of Lillesand edit
- Lillesand Apartment, Senterveien 54, ☎ +47 37 26 90 00, . at Lillesand Senter edit
- Høvåg Gjestehus, ☎ +47 37 27 53 35 (fax: +47 37 27 57 47), . Situated alongside road 420, midway between Kristiansand and Lillesand edit
Lillesand Public Library
- Birkeland, the forest village north of Lillesand
- Kristiansand, a larger town, but a small city. Kristiansand, Zoo and Amusement park east of the center and downtown that gives the experience of a small city west of Lillesand.
- Grimstad, the neighboring town in the east which is also a nice little town.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!