Lexington Park is a town on located 60 miles SSE of Washington, D.C. at the mouth of the Patuxent River in Southern Maryland. The Patuxent River Naval Air Station is adjacent to it.
Three Notch Rd is the name for the road commonly known as MD Rt. 235
Southern Maryland is a peninsula that extends 90 miles to the south of Baltimore and Washington DC. There are two primary arteries into Southern Maryland, MD Rt. 5 through Charles County, and MD Rt. 4 through Calvert County.
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI), 162 Aviation Blvd, Baltimore, Phone: +1 (410) 859-7027. Located 86 miles N of Patuxent River, use MD Rt. 4. While 20 miles further than DCA, BWI is considered by many an easier drive as it avoids Washington DC beltway traffic.
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), 1 Aviation Cir, Washington, D.C., Phone: +1 (703) 417-8000. Located 64 miles NNW of Patuxent River, use MD Rt. 5.
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD). 91 miles NW of Patuxent River, use MD Rt. 5. Dulles is not ideal due to distance and location along the DC Beltway.
St. Mary's River State Park
Greenwell State Park
- Annmarie Garden, 13480 Dowell Road, Dowell, MD 20629, ☎ 410-326-4640, . Superb open-air sculpture garden, including many pieces on loan from the Smithsonian's Hirshorn Gallery. The Garden offers rotating exhibitions in its indoor gallery place, as well as a gallery shop, snack bar, and classes. $5 (adults). edit
Outdoor sculpture park associated with the Smithsonian Institute. Shaded, beautiful and dog friendly walking path.
- Point Lookout State Park, 1175 Point Lookout Road, Scotland, MD 20687 (The park is at the southern tip of St. Mary's County, at the junction of the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay. It can be reached via Maryland Route 5.), ☎ (301) 872-5688, . The park is open year-round. Camping and some other activities are seasonal.. Point Lookout State Park sits at the southernmost tip of Maryland's western shore on a peninsula formed by the Chesapeake Bay and the Potomac River. Recreational opportunities abound in this picturesque Bay setting. Swimming, fishing, boating and camping are just a few of the activities to be enjoyed. The park's peaceful surroundings belie its history as the location of a prison camp for more than 52,000 Confederate soldiers during the Civil War. A museum on site recounts this vivid history. Hours: The park is open year-around. Camping and some other activities are seasonal. Civil War Ghosts wander. October - April: $3.00/vehicle for MD resident and $4.00/vehicle non-resident. May - September: Weekdays $3.00/vehicle for MD resident and $4.00/vehicle non-resident. Weekends and Holidays: $5.00/person for MD resident and $6.00/person non-resident. (38.0584595,-76.3316134) edit
- Confederate Memorial Park, 11625 Point Lookout Road (South on Rt 5 1/2mile before Pt Lookout State Park), ☎ 301-934-1716. 24 hrs. Confederate Memorial Park was erected by the Decendents of those 52000+ imprisoned at the Union POW camp. Plaza with illuminated bronze statue,"Voices from the Pen" engraved first person accounts, 21 state and Confederate National flags,informational signage. An appropriate memorial for the soldiers, sailor, marines and civilians imprisoned 1863-1865. Adjacent to the Federal and Maryland monument acre which contains the mass grave of the prisoners who died there. -0-. edit
- Blue Wind Gourmet, 22803 Gunston Dr, California, (301) 737-2713, . Good soups, sandwiches and salads. Best selction of liquor, wine and beer in area. Most evenings has some wine tastings.
- Coffee Quarter, 22576 Macarthur Blvd, California, (301) 866-0106 . Great local coffee shop with good sandwiches and desserts.
- Captain's Table, 275 Lore Rd, Solomons, Phone: +1 (410) 326-2772.
- Clarke's Landing Restaurant, 24580 Clarkes Landing Ln, Hollywood, Phone: +1 (301) 373-8468. Seafood. Waterfront location on Cuckhold Creek.
- Ledo Pizza, 21911 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, Phone: +1 (301) 737-2700.
- Lenny's Restaurant, 23418 Three Notch Rd.California Maryland (1/2mi.N.rt.4 on Rt.235), ☎ 301 737 0777, . 11am9pm. Local family dining Since 1952 Serving Seafood, Steaks and sandwiches.Noted for there Award Winning St.Mary's County style Stuffed Ham.Sunday Brunch Buffet Style 8am-1pm. $4.00-$29.00. edit
- The Lexington Restaurant & Lounge (The Lexington), 21736 Great Mills Road (Located at the corner of Shangrila Drive and Great Mills Road), ☎ 240-237-8096, . 7am to 11pm. Dining at its finest. Come enjoy true Southern Maryland hospitality and cooking 2.99 to 28.99. edit
- Monterey Mexican Restaurant, 22576 MacArthur Blvd, California, Phone: +1 (301) 866-5262. Located in San Souci Shopping Center.
- Nicoletti's Pizza, 22741 Three Notch Rd, California, Phone: +1 (301) 863-2233.
- Niko's Pizza & Carryout, 21600 Great Mills Rd, Phone: +1 (301) 862-2800. Located in St. Mary's Square shopping center.
- Rick's Cheesesteak Factory & Pizza, 23415 Three Notch Rd # 22, California, Phone: +1 (301) 862-1181. Located in Wildewood Shopping Center.
- Solomon's Pier, 14575 Solomons Island Rd, Solomons, MD 20688, Phone: +1 (410) 326-2424. Waterfront location on Solomon's Island.
- Stoney's Kingfishers Seafood House, 14442 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons, Phone: +1 (410) 394-0236. Seafood. Waterfront location on Solomon's Island. Order the crabcake sandwich.
- Stoney's Seafood House, 3944 Oyster House Rd, Broomes Island, Phone: +1 (410) 586-1888. Seafood. Beautiful waterfront location on Broomes Island in Calvert County, about 25 miles north of NAS Patuxent River. Order the crabcake sandwich.
- "'Thai Inter"', Corner of MacArthur Blvd and MD 235. Great Thai Food
- Asahi Japanese Steak House, 22576 Macarthur Blvd, California, Phone: +1 (301) 866-9070. Located in San Souci Shopping Center.
- DiGiovanni's Dock of the Bay, 14556 Solomon's Island Rd, Solomon's, Phone: +1 (410) 394-6400. Waterfront location on Solomon's Island.
- The Tides Restaurant and Oyster Bar, 46580 Expedition Dr, Phone: +1 (301) 862-5303. Located immediate north of Gate 1 on MD Rt. 235, in front of Extended Stay America hotel.
- Zahniser's Dry Dock Restaurant, 251 C St, Solomon's, Phone: +1 (410) 326-4817. Seafood. Waterfront location on Solomon's Island.
- Catamaran's, 14470 Solomons Island Rd S, Solomons, MD - (410) 326-3698. Small dance floor - 2 stories of boozin'. Good for comsumption of liquids. Food is not the best.
- D.B.McMillan's Pub and Grill, 23415 Three Notch Rd California,Md (1/2 N.of Rt4 on Rt.235 in The Wilde Wood Center), ☎ 301 866 0777, . 11am 11pm. An Irish Pub with traditional music and food along with burgers, sandwiches, stews and corned beef and cabbage. A place to relax and meet friends old and new. $4.99-$18.00. edit
- The Green Door, Rt 5 South, Park Hall MD - A local fav and home of the $6 pizza and pitcher of beer on Monday nights!
- Tiki Bar, 85 Charles St, Solomons, MD 20688 (410) 326-4075 tikibarsolomons.com Open 3rd Friday in April to Columbus Day. Opening Day is an annual event that draws thousands for an all-day/all-night party.
- Comfort Inn, 255 Lore Rd, Solomon's, MD 20688, Phone: +1 (410) 326-6303, . 7.8 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River. Requires longer commute over Solomon's Bridge.
- Country Inn & Suites, 44941 Worth Lane, California, MD 20619 (3 miles from Gate 1 NAS Patuxent River.), ☎ 301-737-5227, . checkin: 3:00 P.M.; checkout: 12:00 P.M.. Offers fresh cookies and complimentary Hot breakfast as well as free high-speed internet and a indoor heated pool. edit
- Days Inn, 21847 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653, Phone: +1 (301) 863-6666, . 0.2 miles from Gate 2 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Extended Stay America, 46565 Expedition Park Dr, Lexington Park, MD 20653, Phone: +1 (240) 725-0100, . 0.1 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Fairfield Inn, 22119 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653, Phone: +1 (301) 863-0203, . 0.1 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Hampton Inn Lexington Park, 22211 Three Notch Rd, Lexington Park, MD 20653, Phone: +1 (301) 863-3200, . 0.1 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Hilton Garden Inn Solomons, 13100 Dowell Road, Dowell, MD 20629, Phone: +1 (410) 326-0303, . 2.5 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River. Requires longer commute over Solomon's Bridge.
- Holiday Inn, 155 Holiday Dr, Solomon's, MD 20688, Phone: +1 (410) 326-6311, . 8.0 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River. Beautiful waterfront location, requires longer commute over Solomon's Bridge.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Patuxent Naval Base, 22769 Three Notch Rd, California, MD 20619, Phone: +1 (301) 862-4100, . 2.5 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Sleep Inn, 23428 Three Notch Rd, California, MD 20619, Phone: +1 (301) 737-0000, . 4.7 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River. Across from Wildewood shopping center indoor pool,Free Internet, walk to restaurants and shopping.
- Super 8 Motel, 22801 Three Notch Rd, California, MD 20619, Phone: +1 (301) 862-9822, . 2.8 miles from Gate 1 into NAS Patuxent River.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Lexington Park Patuxent River NAS, MD, 46058 Valley Drive Lexington Park, Maryland 20653 USA, ☎ 1-301-866-1416, . checkin: 3:00 pm; checkout: 12:00 pm. edit
This county is known for its miles of shoreline. Two great beaches are on St. George Island. One is right next to the bridge but the best is at the end of the Island, with a nice private campground and cottages.
|This is a usable article. It has information for getting in as well as some complete entries for restaurants and hotels. An adventurous person could use this article, but please plunge forward and help it grow!