- For other places with the same name, see Lewiston (disambiguation).
Lewiston  is a city in Androscoggin County, in the central Maine region of Maine.
Lewiston began as a mill town, and holds this fact with deep pride still today as the old buildings find new uses. Along the river and canals, you can see how the mills have been renovated and their interesting interior design involving exposed brick and piping. Some newer establishments, such as the front half of the Public Library, even imitate this design to showcase the history of the area. Lewiston was established nearly in conjunction with Auburn, the two towns separated by the Androscoggin River. Many people who worked at the mills in Lewiston lived across the water in Auburn.
Today, Lewiston remains a rather industrious town. It is home to Little Ivy Bates College, which brings a different mix to the culture of the town. Lewiston is also known for having two of the largest hospitals in the region, Central Maine Medical Center and St. Mary's. Lewiston has seen surges of immigration from French-Canadians to the more recent growth of residents from Somalia, contributing to the town's wide and varied perspectives of human experience.
- Maine Turnpike (Interstate 95), Exit 80.
- Greyhound, 44 Oak St., Phone: +1 207-782-0311.
- Portland International Jetport, in Portland. A number of shuttle companies serve Lewiston, including Excalibur D&P Associates, +1 207-878-6757 and Maine Limousine Service, +1 207-883-0222 or +1 800-646-0068.
- Auburn-Lewiston Municipal Airport (LEW), 80 Airport Drive, Auburn, 207-786-0631, .
- Bates College, 23 Campus Av., Ph: +1 207-786-6000, . Museum of Arts and Olin Arts center may provide some diversions. The track field is often open to the public.
- Franco-American Heritage Center, 46 Cedar Street, Admin: 207-783-1585, Box Office: +1 207-689-2000, (Fax: +1 207-689-2355). Performing arts and museum in old St. Mary's church. Concerts from local schools and other programs are held throughout the year in it's beautiful great hall, complete with high ceilings and stained glass windows.
- Great Falls Balloon Festival, Simard-Payne Memorial Park, . Annual hot air balloon festival; one of the largest tourist draws to the area. Normally the 3rd weekend in August. Events take place in Lewiston and the neighboring city of Auburn as well. edit
Simard-Payne Memorial Park, the site of the Great Falls Balloon Festival and the Dempsey Challenge.
- Aero Air Park, 40 East Avenue, ☎ 207-783-3888 ([email protected]), . edit Lewiston's own trampoline park. Aero offers several ways to have fun in addition to the trampolines and foam pits, such as an arcade, party room, and frozen yogurt bar. The trampoline park includes an open jump arena, trampoline dodgeball, basketball dunk station, and a Trick Zone for showing off your jumping skills.
- The Dempsey Challenge, Patrick Dempsey, a Lewiston native, founded the Dempsey Challenge, a yearly walk/run/bike fundraiser to benefit The Patrick Dempsey Center for Cancer Hope and Healing.  It's a wonderful experience the community loves to come together for every October. They offer a run/walk 5k and 10k, various biking distances, and a free family-oriented Festival in the Park, Kid's Fun Run, and Survivor Walk. The local schools always get involved and the weekend is always warm and hopeful, despite taking place in the Maine October.
- Lewiston Dog Park, 55 Strawberry Avenue (right next to the Greater Androscoggin Humane Society pet shelter).  The dog park is a fenced-in area with two distinct fields: one for dogs that weigh 30 lbs and up, and one for dogs that weigh less than 30 lbs. Both are large areas with ample space for running around, playing fetch, or mingling with other dogs. It's a very popular spot on weekend, especially in the afternoons. People are usually really good about knowing whether their dogs do well with others. Plus, it's right next to the animal shelter, where people are free to walk in and visit some of the animals waiting for adoption.
- Fish Bones, 70 Lincoln Street, 207-333-3663. Seafood.
- The Cupcakery, 97 Lisbon St, ☎ (207) 784-2253, . edit A great local bakery that really cares about the quality of their ingredients. They have very friendly workers, delicious food, and inviting atmosphere with a view of busy downtown Lisbon Street. Part of their mission as a business is to provide work opportunities for people with disabilities in conjunction with the endeavors of Opportunity Enterprises and the Joyce Dubay Center.
- Governor’s Restaurant & Bakery, 1185 Lisbon Street, 207-753-0173. Family place. Oh my, try the pie.
- Mother India, 114 Lisbon Street, +1 207-333-6777, . A fancy but family-friendly restaurant serving authentic Indian food. It's wonderful, and the only Indian restaurant in the immediate area.
- Patrick's Deli, 89 Lincoln St., +1 207-783-2111. Delicious soups, sandwiches, and burritos. Award-winning chowder. Closed Sundays and at 6 on Saturdays.
- Golden City Chinese food. 20 east avenue +1 207-777-7037. World famous chinese food to eat in or take out. Very authentic
- Sam's Italian Foods, 268 Main St, (207) 782-9145. Sam's is a staple food for Mainers. They love their italian sandwiches, but Sam's also offers pizza, pasta, and salads.
- Davinci's Eatery, 150 Mill Street, ☎ +1 207-782-2088. In the old Bates Mill, great lasagna and bread, brick oven cooking. North Italian cuisine. A local favorite for date night and parties. It's a very popular spot. edit
- Sea40, 40 East Avenue, ☎ 207-795-6888, . edit Another very popular date spot. Sea40 Japanese Cuisine is a Sushi and Hibachi restaurant that balances sophistication with community dining. It has very sleek interior design, and also very fun and friendly.
- Barnie's Bar and Grill. edit
- Motel 6, 516 Pleasant Street, +1 207 782-6558, Fax: +1 207 783-5270, .
- Armand's Orchard Side Inn, 16 Pinewoods Rd., Tel: +1 207-221-6361, .
- Ramada Conference Center Lewiston/Auburn, 409 Pleasant St., Tel: +1 207-784-2331, .
- Super 8 Motel Lewiston/Auburn, 1440 Lisbon Street, Tel: 207-784-8882, .
- Ware Street Inn, 52 Ware St., Tel: +1 877-783-8171, . Within walking distance to Bates campus. CAUTION:BEDBUGS
- Maine Motel & Cabins, 1101 Maine Street, ☎ +1 207-784-7925, . They have motel room, but the cabins are so cozy, bring a fan for the summer. Great place if you're taking in the Moxie Festival. Nice young couple run it. edit