Chapel Allerton is a district of North Leeds. Popular with young professionals and locals alike. Chapel Allerton has a host of restaurants and bars and is well worth visiting for a meal and a drink if when visiting Leeds. Not to be confused with neighbouring Chapeltown, which has a less salubrious reputation.
Jump in a taxi or get a bus from the city centre. The journey takes less than 10 min outside of peak times.
You can walk everywhere easily in Chapel Allerton.
Go spend a nice evening with a meal followed by a few drinks. In the summer, the centre of Chapel Allerton has a very continental vibe, with cafés, bars and restaurants spilling out onto the pavements. There is also a nice selection of interesting little shops and boutiques.
- Gledhow Valley Woods,  have a rural atmosphere and are very attractive for a wander.
- Seven,  is a new theatre and arts centre on Harrogate Road
Chapel Allerton's busy centre has a rapidly expanding (if not yet huge) selection of shops, including several boutiques, craft and design shops.
- Ginger Ink - branch of the Leeds fashion chain.
- Fit to Bust - bespoke and designer lingerie
- Area - award-winning design shop (larger store in the city centre)
- Casablanca - interesting little gift shop with real character
- Amanda's - funky designer boutique with a quality selection of latest fashions
- Radish - quirky and interesting little book and craft shop
Trendy Chapel Allerton is blessed with a relatively wide selection of quality eateries, including the following
- Casa Mia & Casa Mia Grande - Italian, two Leeds institutions (the former more relaxed al fresco, the latter an upscale restaurant)
- Gringo's Salsa Mexican is a Mexican restaurant.
- Sukothai - high quality Thai, recently named by The Times one of the ten best Thai restaurants in the country
- Sami's - a value-for-money North African restaurant on Harrogate Road, the food is outstanding and there are some great mid-week offers
- The Olive Tree - one of three branches of Leeds' multi-award winning Greek restaurant. In The Times top 4 Greek restaurants
- The Angels Share incorporates a restaurant as well as a bar, and is a stylish establishment with roof-terrace
- Seven,  the new arts centre has a cafe bar serving organic and locally sourced food until 9pm every night
- Further North - is a bar on Harrogate Road with a good selection of Belgian beer. The 'little sister' to North Bar in Leeds.
- The Old Police Station - converted old police station now a curry restaurant on Harrogate Rd
- Zed Bar - bar with a young clientele
- The Hub - much like a smaller, less busy version of Zed
- Bar Ischia, adjoining Casa Mia Grande is an upscale (usually empty) Italian-style bar
- There are several pubs (including a Wetherspoons) in Chapel Allerton of varying quality and atmosphere, some with better reputations than others.
- The Regent is a local favourite.
- Seven,  the arts centre bar is open until 1230am daily
Stay in Leeds, Chapel Allerton is worth visiting for an evening
Back in a taxi or bus to Leeds.